• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Jersey!!!

ShooterSays

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Comparison to other teams' new city jerseys.  

OKC is clean! A lil too clean. I can’t have mustard on white. Suns is pretty sick and I like the Raptors alternate. It’s like the late 90’s one but black n gold, I always dug that jersey. VC or Tmac.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Ben Simmons' ft% is trash.  So is Capela's.  So is Dwight Howards.

Those 90's uniforms are also trash.  Far from the best we've had even if we've had uninspiring choices in other years.

The Pacman uniforms are the obvious choice for classic Hawks uniform greatness.

Not so. The Pacman logo and shorts were great but the jerseys themselves were just ok. The black Hawks jerseys (and shorts) from the 90's were far superior in terms of looks. 

21 hours ago, Dnice said:

At least no Woody/drew  era incorporation    lol    I do kinda piggy back of what someone said weeks back, what's wrong with having Hawks on the jersey? Yes our current black ones do,  but going back to when Korver got here they pretty much just said atlanta.

To try and dissuade fans from thinking a new owner would come in and move the team and to cleanse some behind the scenes bad juju… they went all in on branding the team as “Atlanta’s representative”.  Bud even jumped in trying to catalyze some sort of European style support by adding “Basketball Club” to the logo.

I like the current “City Mashup” or whatever Nikespeak. It’s well designed especially since it’s using elements that on their own might give you pause but they somehow fit together.  This kit is probably number 3/4 on my list of favorite Nike Hawk alts behind the 50th anniversary black/gold/white wings edition, the ATLiens edition which was probably the best use of volt, and the throwback powder blues.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Sothron said:

Not so. The Pacman logo and shorts were great but the jerseys themselves were just ok. The black Hawks jerseys (and shorts) from the 90's were far superior in terms of looks. 

We are never going to agree on this. 

Pac Years to me:

Best Cars of the Ferrari Museum: Photos of Ferrari F1 Legends and Classic  Road Cars

The 90's uniforms to me:

deadmau5 is selling his Nyan Cat Ferrari on Craigslist for $380,000 -  Alternative Press | Nyan cat, Ferrari, Cat theme

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

I like ours. It's easily in the top 5 of this season's city editions.

Lets not forget, City Editions are about sales, and the majority of those sales come from a young demographic or parents buying for their kids. 90s retro is in, and these fit the bill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangHolman said:

I like ours. It's easily in the top 5 of this season's city editions.

Lets not forget, City Editions are about sales, and the majority of those sales come from a young demographic or parents buying for their kids. 90s retro is in, and these fit the bill.

Dang 90's is considered retro now.  I'm old.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47om8qyjh5exp7pt609z

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

I can't possibly be the only one who thinks these new jerseys are ugly AF. Yellow was good as an accent color, but as the main color, with that big-azz red hawk splashed all the way across the front? Blech.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, niremetal said:

I can't possibly be the only one who thinks these new jerseys are ugly AF. Yellow was good as an accent color, but as the main color, with that big-azz red hawk splashed all the way across the front? Blech.

I don't hate the yellow. I actually an in favor of utelizing the color.

My complaint is the Hawk and the 70's font Atlanta. It reminds me of something you would find at a novelty store back in the early 2000's.

Overall I don't hate it. But don't love it.

What I want us to do is use predominantly yellow, black and maybe white in a jersey. No team does that and it would look sweet. 

The added red on top of the yellow, particularly the giant red hawk is what kills the jersey for me. I don't mind the red accents as much. It would have been cool if they could have made the Hawk black instead of red maybe.(or ditched it altogether)

• Premium Member

i saw a guy at the game yesterday who must have got the new jersey from dhgate or china or something.  ill give you guys one tip if you make the purchase, DONT WEAR RED UNDERSHIRTS WITH THIS JERSEY!!!!!! 

The guy I saw at the game:

Ronald McDonald | Discography | Discogs

I'm sorry to anyone that won't unsee ronald mcdonald when we wear these jerseys for the rest of the season   😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3