• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

44 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Hmmm Who talked about limiting turnovers and taking better shots?  Heck Trae has even become a better facilitator instead of taking long 3's or a bunch of threes and the offense has gotten better Hmmm.

I said no less than a dozen times during our arguing that the Hawks needed Trae to be a superstar to win UNTIL and UNLESS they get better defensively AND get consistent production from the supporting cast.  None of that happened under LP and so the numbers supported the philosophy that Trae needed to be a superstar to beat the good teams.  

BUT, under Nate, the defense got immediately better and we've seen significantly better production from Bogie, Snell, the backup PG position, and even Huerter.  This team is different than it was before and it's better for it.  I'm super excited because they are a better TEAM now than when LP was in charge and everything was Trae centric.  

Trae has played a tick worse but I'm fine with that as the team winning is less dependent on him now.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm mad I don't travel out to the west coast anymore.  Otherwise, one day you'd be half-marathon'ing all alone one day.  Then a shadowy figure would emerge out of the woods.

You'd try to run but, no matter how fast you ran, the shadowy figure would always catch up.

Finally you turn, "Bro, what are you?"

The figure would casually look up ... "I'm kg ..."

Then you'd regret peeing yourself in fear.

Same thing happened with one other guy I saw up there. We both had knives 🔪 though, well to be fair he had some kind of official hunting type knives 🔪 I had these ninja 🥷🏼 throwing knives. Anything goes up there, peeing, throwin knives, I sometimes yell up there too. Mainly I do it to scare off mountain lions 🦁 lol. I feel like Cast Away up there I just need a volleyball 🏐 named kg, I mean Wilson.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Holding people accountable for saying ridiculous things is frowned upon by some. 🙄

If I say something ridiculous, I expect folks to call it out and I don't go running to the mods to stop people from ... reading what I said?

What’s a mod? 👀

Terrible, terrible news from yesterday ...

Kid was just 19, just getting started in life.  Just sad.  Praying for that family and for BJ Boston who was apparently driving behind him and, I assume, saw it all happen.

A guy posted the video of the crash on realgm just now which I don't typically watch that sort of thing.  But I found it important because the written account of what happened is very poorly done.  It makes it sound like the kid was being reckless and he really wasn't.

He just made a driving mistake that every one of us has made.

He basically proceeded through a yellow light at the same time another car was turning left to also try to beat the yellow light.  Honestly, it looked to me that the other driver was at fault but folks are beating the kid up and asking if he was intoxicated, etc.  People have no empathy anymore.

Unfortunately he wasn't wearing his seatbelt properly so he didn't survive the crash.

• Sad 11

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kid was just 19, just getting started in life.  Just sad.  Praying for that family and for BJ Boston who was apparently driving behind him and, I assume, saw it all happen.

A guy posted the video of the crash on realgm just now which I don't typically watch that sort of thing.  But I found it important because the written account of what happened is very poorly done.  It makes it sound like the kid was being reckless and he really wasn't.

He basically proceeded through a yellow light at the same time another car was turning left to also try to beat the yellow light.  Honestly, it looked to me that the other driver was at fault but folks are beating the kid up and asking if he was intoxicated, etc.  People have no empathy anymore.

Unfortunately he wasn't wearing his seatbelt properly so he didn't survive the crash.

Geez that sucks.  I don't know what's wrong with people.  We all make mistakes big and small.   There are no 'smart mistakes'.  We're all human.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

IIRC, the vehicle going straight has the right of way.

The no seatbelt thing - that's just sad.

Gone too soon!

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC, the vehicle going straight has the right of way.

The no seatbelt thing - that's just sad.

Gone too soon!

Yes, I tell the kids this everytime they drive.  PUT ON YOUR DAMN SEAT BELT.   It's really amazing how that one simple step can save so many lives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 8:14 AM, kg01 said:

Holding people accountable for saying ridiculous things is frowned upon by some. 🙄

If I say something ridiculous, I expect folks to call it out and I don't go running to the mods to stop people from ... reading what I said?

I find it odd that mods are being asked to intervene for holding someone accountable for a prediction on a message board.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Incredible!!!

I'm concerned about when Dre returns and his level of play once he does. But if he can play the way that he was before he got hurt, we are going to be a major, major problem. That 5 man lineup is hard to defend and score against. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I'm concerned about when Dre returns and his level of play once he does. But if he can play the way that he was before he got hurt, we are going to be a major, major problem. That 5 man lineup is hard to defend and score against. 

At this point, you can't worry about him being the exact guy he was pre-surgery. What you want is for him to have a positive impact in whatever time he is able to give, help fill in the gaps. 

Bogi missed 25 games and it took him about 6 games to find his groove. We have 12 games left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1