• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Geez, bhill.  This is amateur hour.  Have you been hacked?

This is the posting equivalent to this inbounding "strategy" by Kevin Love ...

I mean, really Kevin?  Don't blame that on mental health, bro.  Be a pro.

The emotional abuse of Lebron is starting to rear it’s ugly head now. I remember in 2016 Lebron just treating him like a piece of 💩 and now he’s probably doing the same to some of the Cavs young players. 

Never liked K Love after he lost weight and left Minny. He lost himself after that and tried to be someone he wasn’t. I blame it on his personal chef 👩‍🍳. 😂 While we’re on the topic, I went vegan myself for a few days and I gotta tell you all, I felt great for a day, the last two days have been straight hell. I need my meat 🥩 (kg, that’s your cue for the gifs.. oh boy 🤦‍♀️)..

• Moderators
17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Probably a not fully guaranteed deal next season.

That was my thought too.  If you are going to sign him for the rest of the season, there is no downside to a non-guaranteed deal or one and minimal risk to one that is minimally guaranteed.  

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

Fairly standard that those kinds of deals happen this time of year. But the intended actual point of the post was/is... Damien Jones???

A bit surprised to not see the LP critics latch on and suggest this is just more proof that our ex-coach was hazardous to some players' careers. (Not one of those here, btw... limit my criticisms to what we can know, careful not to presume what we can't know.)

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, sturt said:

Fairly standard that those kinds of deals happen this time of year. But the intended actual point of the post was/is... Damien Jones???

A bit surprised to not see the LP critics latch on and suggest this is just more proof that our ex-coach was hazardous to some players' careers. (Not one of those here, btw... limit my criticisms to what we can know, careful not to presume what we can't know.)

Oh, I'm with you on that.  Damian Jones is hot garbage and I wouldn't want him back on our roster if he was willing to play for free.  I'd take Dedmon who has been available all year to teams until recently every day of the week over Jones.  

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Boston loses to Portland who we play tomorrow night. 

Knicks and Heat up big in 4th.

Yeah, the Heat have a pretty tough schedule down the stretch.  Tatum and Brown had ankle injuries in Boston's game tonight. I hope they are not out for the Miami games.  It would be perfect if they split those games. 

I see about four more realistic loses in the Knicks schedule, possibly five if Memphis beats them at home. 

If the Hawks take care of business at home they should be in the 4th seed. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, the Heat have a pretty tough schedule down the stretch.  Tatum and Brown had ankle injuries in Boston's game tonight. I hope they are not out for the Miami games.  It would be perfect if they split those games. 

I see about four more realistic loses in the Knicks schedule, possibly five if Memphis beats them at home. 

If the Hawks take care of business at home they should be in the 4th seed. 

Totally agree 

How many wins do y'all think it will take to claim the 4 seed?  I'm thinking 41 to be safe.  40 might do it, but only if NYK struggle.  I just don't trust Memphis, Boston, Charlotte, SA, or the LAL to beat the Knicks.  And 2 of those would HAVE to if the Hawks finish 5-2 due to the tie breaker (assumes losses to Den, Phx, and LAC).  So 6-1 I think is the safe play for the 4 seed.  5-2 and Hawks would have to hope for some help from two of the above teams.

If the Hawks can beat Portland, I'll feel a lot better about the potential to get the 4 seed.  I'm not worried about the C's or Heat, but the NYK just aren't showing the potential for L's like I thought they would.    

4th & 5th.  5th & 4th.  Hawks & NY.  NY & Hawks.  Do we really want this?  4th means home court.  But, look at our record VS NY.  Not good.  I'd rather face most any other team.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

4th & 5th.  5th & 4th.  Hawks & NY.  NY & Hawks.  Do we really want this?  4th means home court.  But, look at our record VS NY.  Not good.  I'd rather face most any other team.

:smug:

I don't mind the Knicks.  Being NY, they will draw welcome attention to the Hawks.  In terms of looking at our record:

January 4 - We lost by 5 after coming in with a lead into the 4th quarter.  This one was under LP and before Bogi got healthy and adjusted.  I don't draw too much from this.

February 15 - Bad loss.  No Hunter or Bogi.  Randle went off for 44 points.  Still under LP.

April 21 - First game under Nate.  Hawks leading down the stretch until they lose Trae for the rest of the game.  Game still goes to OT where the Knicks pull it out while missing some key players in OT notably no Trae and no JC (minutes restriction).  Hunter and Gallo also missed the entire game.

So for me, I see the 0-3 record but I see two of them as being coin flip type games (if the Knicks lose Randle instead of the Hawks losing Trae, etc.) and I don't put as much stock in the LP games since I think we are playing at a different level from when we were then.  Also don't think that Randle's 40 and 44 point outbursts represent a good baseline for how he would do over a full series.

In short, I'm not scared of the Knicks and will be eager for the series if that is how it shakes out regardless of who has homecourt. 

• Like 4