• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I haven't looked it up but does finishing 9/10 but then making the 8 seed affect your draft or lottery position?  If so then we may end up with teams in the play in that don't even try to win.

41 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yup, the team will get the best nonlottery pick if they are the worst of the playoff teams. 

We might win it all.

If you make the playoffs after the playin you are NOT in the lottery.

Edited. lol.

• Like 1

It’s fun watching Luka whine about the play in tourney a couple weeks ago when they were on the brink, now it’s Lebron the whiner, I’m enjoying that part of it, but I’m an old school guy that believes in 1-8 seeds and no play in tourney. 

Adam Silver sure does likes money. Get 4 other markets involved, piss of 4 others, start rivalries, why not I suppose.

32 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Some Trae Young content.

Aw, moooooom do I have ta listen to Woj?

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e473peyqhb4q0b9w6alx

I want to listen but I can't stand listening to Woj.  Smug bahstid.

ETA: You know you're gonna listen, kg.  Friggin hawks junkie.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

I think the top 10 is locked for the East, just finalizing positioning. Washington is in 10 now but I truly believe will finish at 9 or higher and capture the 8 seed after the play in tourney. Indy will fall to 10th and get bounced in the play in. Charlotte needs to watch over their shoulder too.

I still believe the 4-5 belongs to NY and ATL. Miami and Boston are going to fight for 6. Bucks are making a late move on Brooklyn but I think they can hold them off.

What I want to happen is:

1. Brooklyn (beats Boston, loses to Hawks in rd 2)

2. Phiily (Beats Was, beats Miami, loses to Hawks)

3. Milwaukee (Rematch against Miami and get bounced)

4. Atlanta (Wins a tough series in 6 games on the Garden floor, Spike Lee goes on mindless rant to the media about Trae drawing fouls)

5. NY

6. Miami (Bounce the Bucks again)

7.Boston (Loses to Washington but beats Charlotte and earns 8th, loses to Bklyn)

8. Washington (Washington beats Boston and secures 7th seed, loses to Philly)

9. Charlotte (Beats Indy, loses to Boston)

10. Indy (eliminated after losing in play in)

What I think WILL happen

1. Philly (Beats Washington, Beats Hawks, Beats Milwaukee, loses in finals

2. Bklyn (Beats, Boston, loses in 7 to Milwaukee)

3. Milwaukee (Beats Miami, beats Brooklyn)

4. Atlanta (Beats Knicks, loses to Philly)

5. NY

6. Miami (Loses to Mil in 7 games)

7. Boston (Charlotte, eliminated by Brooklyn)

8. Charlotte (loses to Boston and Washington)

9. Washington (wins play in games, gets 8th, loses to Philly)

10. Indy ( loses in play in game 1)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I was just listening to Brian Scallibrini (sp) on nba radio. This man just said the Knicks have to keep wining to fight off the Celtics and he doesn't have faith in the Hawks and they are the most likely team of the four battling for the fourth seed to fall off towards the end of the season. 🥴

I understand he doesn't pay attention to the Hawks because if you take a look at the Hawks upcoming schedule, you'd know it is one of the easier schedules in the league. I know no wins are gaureenteed, but I like the Hawks chances of winning out more than the Knicks, Celtics, and Heat.

I agree but our schedule really isn't that easy now that the Wiz are going for it.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree but our schedule really isn't that easy now that the Wiz are going for it.   

The Wiz have been on fire.  A healthy Westbrook is still so good.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I said the highest chance of the four teams fighting for the 4th spot of going undefeated.  Didn't say it would be easy or would happen. Just want to clarify that.

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I said the highest chance of the four teams fighting for the 4th spot of going undefeated.  Didn't say it would be easy or would happen. Just want to clarify that.

If we can win tonight, we probably have a good shot of going 4-1 with a split with the Wizard, and wins against Orlando and Houston, who are both going full rebuild.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e4754zxeuna25uatt8i2z7

Mmmmmm ....

Don't mind me, jus' eatin' a lil' crow on Anthony Edwards being a good rookie.  Also took a serving on Jokic being the MVP.  Nobody tell soth though.  I can't give him the satisfaction just yet. 😏

uummmm......at @Sothron  to the band stand please.  kg is asking for ya?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

200.webp?cid=ecf05e4754zxeuna25uatt8i2z7

Mmmmmm ....

Don't mind me, jus' eatin' a lil' crow on Anthony Edwards being a good rookie.  Also took a serving on Jokic being the MVP.  Nobody tell soth though.  I can't give him the satisfaction just yet. 😏

Actually, you should be eating crow for the draft class as a whole, which has been a pretty good one quite frankly.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Haha 2