• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Also look whose dead last. 😂😂😂

Bud always sucked at drawing up set plays.  Was such an obvious weakness that I'm amazed he still hasn't hired an assistant who can improve this.  Sucked with us and still sucks today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bud always sucked at drawing up set plays.  Was such an obvious weakness that I'm amazed he still hasn't hired an assistant who can improve this.  Sucked with us and still sucks today.

You’ve got quite the acid tongue going today. One more “sucked” and that’s strike 3!  One hour self mod ban! 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I've got no complaints with Nate but we're starting to see some.  He sticks with his rotations.  People are already complaining Dunn is glued to the bench when Lou is not doing well.   We'll see how it plays out. 

If he puts Dunn in we will probably be asking him to put Lou back in, Dunn is a certified brick layer, but Id like to see Dunn get a chance with his defense and energy. When Lou doesn't have it, he doesn't have it. We clearly need to sign or draft a real back up guard, someone like a McConnell or a Jalen Brunson. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

If he puts Dunn in we will probably be asking him to put Lou back in, Dunn is a certified brick layer, but Id like to see Dunn get a chance with his defense and energy. When Lou doesn't have it, he doesn't have it. We clearly need to sign or draft a real back up guard, someone like a McConnell or a Jalen Brunson. 

Those are both great BU PG.  are either available this off-season?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You’ve got quite the acid tongue going today. One more “sucked” and that’s strike 3!  One hour self mod ban! 

It was the one thing that I always thought was a huge step down from Larry Drew.  Drew could run a set play from a dead ball.  Bud never could.  

Well this sucks. : funny

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Not quite the whole story 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, High5 said:

^ That checks out from my memory. We could score fine in most situations, but once it was a final possession to tie/win the game we would struggle to even get off a shot, much less a good one. Part of that was not having a true go-to guy, though. When Teague got the chance he was just as likely to dribble out the clock. And our big clutch playoff moment was Dennis getting easily blocked at the rim and Horford cleaning up the mess. 

This. The tight sphincters would show up where more often than not we didn't even get a shot off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Dunn is really a catch 22 for us. If you need to slow a guard down he is a good bet but then that guy can play ten feet off of Dunn limiting the offense. In the playoffs though there should be some role for him because it is gonna be really physical. Pretty sure he likes that stuff. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
21 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Not quite the whole story 

Good to see.  I'd love to see the stat when he was coaching in Atlanta.  I don't remember him being very good on set plays period while he was here so I'd be shocked if he led the league in point per play after time outs while he was coaching the Hawks.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:38 AM, macdaddy said:

I've got no complaints with Nate but we're starting to see some.  He sticks with his rotations.  People are already complaining Dunn is glued to the bench when Lou is not doing well.   We'll see how it plays out. 

We have to be patient! Dunn has not necessarily looked good when he has gotten a chance to play. But he’s missed a ton of the season and has no on court chemistry with his teammates.

I don’t really blame Nate . Hard to play a guy who came back officially within the last month of the regular season. He’s not glued to the bench Nate just don’t know where he fits right now.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Geez, that guy cannot catch a break.

Well, he kinda did catch a break when IND and HOU offered him lots of money.  He shat on those organizations by turned it all down trying to steer himself to MIA.  So, it sucks for him but he kinda put himself in this position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Well, he kinda did catch a break when IND and HOU offered him lots of money.  He shat on those organizations by turned it all down trying to steer himself to MIA.  So, it sucks for him but he kinda put himself in this position.

Houston's offered him a short deal but at 20 per. Should have jumped all over that. Maybe he didn't want to be part of a rebuild though.