• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
14 hours ago, marco102 said:

No because all NBA is by position and MVP is positionless.

I don't follow.  All-NBA is basically guards and F/Cs, right?  His MVP top 5 is two guards and 3 F/Cs.  Who is the guard that pushed Paul to second team on his All-NBA list and why would that player rank above Paul for All-NBA but behind him for MVP?

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't follow.  All-NBA is basically guards and F/Cs, right?  His MVP top 5 is two guards and 3 F/Cs.  Who is the guard that pushed Paul to second team on his All-NBA list and why would that player rank above Paul for All-NBA but behind him for MVP?

I'm saying. You can have five centers as your top five MVP.  However, All NBA is by position. So your top five MVP may not all be on your first team ALL NBA because ALL NBA has positions.

I'm really glad Monty won this. The NY Media was pushing Tom so hard, but Monty had his team playing top notch ball all season and no one expected them to be the 2nd seed in the West and have the second best record. 

You should see the NY Media's outrage about this. 

Tom did an excellent job though and any other year he'd probably win it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

And just like that, the Hornets are going home..Seems like they were the 4th/5th seed not long ago.....Hayward and Melo injuries killed them I guess...Its a miracle the Hawks were able to stay afloat as we were injured all year too........

Quality bench depth is king.

• Like 4

• Moderators
9 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'm saying. You can have five centers as your top five MVP.  However, All NBA is by position. So your top five MVP may not all be on your first team ALL NBA because ALL NBA has positions.

That makes sense in theory but doesn’t apply here.  I’m not following the logic between putting one of the two guards on your MVP ballot on second team All-NBA.

19 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why are we still arresting and charging people over marijuana? Unbelievable. 

Cause it's illegal depending where you are.  Until that changes, obey the law.

Speaking of rule changes, aint it grand how folks are celebrating Brad Beal?  The more his scoring avg increased, the lower their win total has gone.

Great how the eggsperts suspend that whole 'numbers are meaningless unless you win' rule just for him, amirite?

.... but I'm not bitter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Cause it's illegal depending where you are.  Until that changes, obey the law.

Speaking of rule changes, aint it grand how folks are celebrating Brad Beal?  The more his scoring avg increased, the lower their win total has gone.

Great how the eggsperts suspend that whole 'numbers are meaningless unless you win' rule just for him, amirite?

.... but I'm not bitter.

So you're an "obey the law" guy? No matter how stupid or obsolete the laws might be? How obtuse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

That he got fat? It's not the end of the world, millions upon millions of people get fat. He didnt sever his spinal cord in an accident or anything.

Being obese is one of the worst things for your health.  People who act like this is not a fact are part of the problem.  There's nothing wrong with telling or being concerned when someone is obese. 

• Like 2

So you're an "obey the law" guy? No matter how stupid or obsolete the laws might be? How obtuse.

First of all, let's not pretend laws against marijuana are akin to laws that are actually robbing people of civil liberties or something.  It ain't that serious.

That he got fat? It's not the end of the world, millions upon millions of people get fat. He didnt sever his spinal cord in an accident or anything.

Speaking of obtuse, you can't imagine how seeing a guy's life go from pretty darn good to pretty darn bad would illicit a sympathetic response?  Yikes.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'm really glad Monty won this. The NY Media was pushing Tom so hard, but Monty had his team playing top notch ball all season and no one expected them to be the 2nd seed in the West and have the second best record. 

You should see the NY Media's outrage about this. 

Tom did an excellent job though and any other year he'd probably win it. 

Just realized this wasn't the official official award.  So let's see.