8. Hawks (18)
  9. Magic (19)
  10. Hornets (23)
  11. Bulls (24)
  12. Wizards (25)
  13. Pistons (27)
  14. Knicks (28) 
  15. Cavs (29)

You guys agree with the teams ranked ahead of us? I can see the case for everyone but I think we outclass the Pacers at this point if the Bogi signing goes through.  East is strong AF at the top now. 

I think we are ahead of Indy. They have a proven squad but thats it. We far outclass them in talent.

Heat are a better postseason squad than regular season, they should still only finish with 4th or 5th best record, and upset whoever in the 2nd round.

Talent wise we compete with any team besides the top heavy BKLYN and MIL. This season should be exciting for sure. Cant wait!

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, neanderballer said:

So CBS Power Rankings have east teams in the following order :

1. Bucks (2)
  2. Heat (3)
  3. Celtics (4)
  4. Raptors (6)
  5. Nets (8)
  6. 76ers (9)
  7. Pacers (14)
  8. Hawks (18)
  9. Magic (19)
  10. Hornets (23)
  11. Bulls (24)
  12. Wizards (25)
  13. Pistons (27)
  14. Knicks (28) 
  15. Cavs (29)

You guys agree with the teams ranked ahead of us? I can see the case for everyone but I think we outclass the Pacers at this point if the Bogi signing goes through.  East is strong AF at the top now. 

I see it in tiers right now. 

Tier 1: Bucks, Nets, Heat, Celtics (In no order, 1-4)

Tier 2: Raptors, Sixers, Pacers Hawks (4-8)

Tier 3: Charlotte, Orlando, Wizards (9-11)

Tier 4: Pistons, Bulls (12-13) 

Tier 5: Knicks, Cavs (14-15)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, neanderballer said:

So CBS Power Rankings have east teams in the following order :

1. Bucks (2)
  2. Heat (3)
  3. Celtics (4)
  4. Raptors (6)
  5. Nets (8)
  6. 76ers (9)
  7. Pacers (14)
  8. Hawks (18)
  9. Magic (19)
  10. Hornets (23)
  11. Bulls (24)
  12. Wizards (25)
  13. Pistons (27)
  14. Knicks (28) 
  15. Cavs (29)

Just my opinion, only teams CLEARLY better than Hawks (assuming Bogi is here) are Bucks, Heat, and Nets. I'm not sold on C's or Raps and think Hawks are just better than Philly and Pacers. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Trae/Rondo/Dunn/Goodwin

Huerter/Reddish

Hunter/Snell

Collins/Gallo/Hill

Capela/Okongwu/Bruno

Im guessing Mays is a 2 way? Along with the undrafted rookie we signed. That leaves one more spot for Bogi if Kings don’t match

We really need Bogi..

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think we are ahead of Indy. They have a proven squad but thats it. We far outclass them in talent.

Heat are a better postseason squad than regular season, they should still only finish with 4th or 5th best record, and upset whoever in the 2nd round.

Talent wise we compete with any team besides the top heavy BKLYN and MIL. This season should be exciting for sure. Cant wait!

I agree. I think our biggest concern early will possibly be chemistry. Lots of new faces and not a lot of time to get use to playing with each other.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Just my opinion, only teams CLEARLY better than Hawks (assuming Bogi is here) are Bucks, Heat, and Nets. I'm not sold on C's or Raps and think Hawks are just better than Philly and Pacers. 

Whoo, I still think the cRaptors consistent program will allow them to stay solid and ahead of us.  We'd have to come together mighty fast to leap them  Realistically, we'll have an adjustment period since there's limited ramp-up to the season.

Better than Philly?  Whoo, again.  I'm not high on PHI, at all.  I think things will crash 'n burn under Rivers AS ALL HIS TEAMS DO (no idea why people ignore that), but I don't think it'll happen right away.  So their record could still be better than ours.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

I remember the Knicks and Cavs blowing us out last season...smh

9 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Ageeed .....No offense to the raptors but we are getting ready to see how good spicy P really is as the main and best big man with a lot less help at the rim. I think the gasol and ibaka lost is huge. On top of that vanvleet new contract leaves them little to no cap to work with apparently. Raptors front court has went from Leonard, ibaka, gasol, spicy p to now siakam and Aaron Baynes over two seasons! Baynes is a nice good fit but still I’m not going to put his impact on the level of ibakas and gasols .

Maybe Toronto is still a top 3 seed in the east,  we will see. They definitely don’t have the big man depth they had the past 2 seasons.

im not saying the hawks are going to jump them in standings or anything I just don’t think raptors are top 3 seed anymore until proven otherwise.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whoo, I still think the cRaptors consistent program will allow them to stay solid and ahead of us.  We'd have to come together mighty fast to leap them  Realistically, we'll have an adjustment period since there's limited ramp-up to the season.

Better than Philly?  Whoo, again.  I'm not high on PHI, at all.  I think things will crash 'n burn under Rivers AS ALL HIS TEAMS DO (no idea why people ignore that), but I don't think it'll happen right away.  So their record could still be better than ours.

So the Raps are interesting to me.  I have A TON of respect for Nick Nurse and what he does with that team. I would still lean to them being much better than Hawks, but I'm not so certain of it given the losses of Gasol and Ibaka.  I'm not really an Aaron Baynes fan. I just don't know what the drop off will be given their losses.  

As for Philly.  I'm not seeing it with them.  

I'll admit to being high on the Hawks and usually end up overvaluing them, but still.  I think at this point, they will be competing for 5th or 6th in the east with Bogi.  

I'd go with:

1. Bucks

2. Nets

3. Heat

4. 76ers

5. Raptors

6. Celtics 

7. Hawks

8. Indy

9. Magic

10-15. Everyone else 

I think the Sixes will get a decent bump that usually comes with New Coasch Rivers before the eventual crash in the following years like @kg01 says.

I think Celtics will be significantly worse this year, and Hawks have a decent shot at leapfrogging them. I think there is a good bit of variability for both the Celtics and the Raptors depending on what bigs they may yet sign (Boogie?). Indy will likely have a down year this year, especially once Dipo gets his inevitable injury or he gets upset with his situation. 

I think Philly adding shooting with Danny Green and Seth Curry will really help them tbh. 

Just now, REHawksFan said:

So the Raps are interesting to me.  I have A TON of respect for Nick Nurse and what he does with that team. I would still lean to them being much better than Hawks, but I'm not so certain of it given the losses of Gasol and Ibaka.  I'm not really an Aaron Baynes fan. I just don't know what the drop off will be given their losses.  

As for Philly.  I'm not seeing it with them.  

I'll admit to being high on the Hawks and usually end up overvaluing them, but still.  I think at this point, they will be competing for 5th or 6th in the east with Bogi.  

• Like 2

• Admin
21 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The Cs and Raps have a lot of talent, experience and most importantly built up chemistry... 

5 minutes ago, neanderballer said:

I think Philly adding shooting with Danny Green and Seth Curry will really help them tbh. 

I think Dan E. Green is done as a player.  Curry will help some but it'll all come down to their two stars.  I could see Embiid missing time.  I could see Simmons coming in as the same player he was as a rookie (which is fine but limited).  That ceiling's them.

I'm giving myself points for turning 'ceiling' into a verb, btw. 😏

• Like 1