• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi is a better defensive player, rebounder, and playmaker than Hield but he's not a better scorer. Hield is one of the best shooter + scorer role players in the NBA. The issue with Hield is, he needs to be a better defender so he can be in a team's starting lineup. As of right now, Luke got him right. He's a high end 6th man. Good luck trying to trade him with that contract, LMAO! Bogi is clearly a better get for anyone including SAC but is he worth it is the question here. Honestly, he is an overpay right now but not by much but with that trade, he will be a major overpay like Hield. 

I don't see the Bogi is better.   I think Bogi is the talk of the moment.   He's been hyped because he didn't go to Milwaukee and some people probably think he's going to be like the other BB.  I don't see it that way.

As far as Hield, You have looked at Hield with one team and with a rookie coach.  I don't think Luke got him right, I think Luke got high expectations from watching Klay all those years.   Klay is special.   Hield is not Klay and neither is BB.   Here's what was said about Hield as he was drafted:  " From a defensive standpoint, he is very solid considering the offensive load he carries for his team … He’s willing, has quick hands, and has amassed 27 steals and 10 blocks in 19 games … Looking towards the NBA, he may not project as an elite defender, but he’s more than physically capable …"

In Hield, you get a lights out shooter.  Who is capable of being a better defender but not an elite defender now...  That doesn't make him a 6th man.  That's the same description that you would give to Trae.

50 minutes ago, JTB said:

Pg- Trae

we all know Trae is starting so no conversation needed there. Franchise cornerstone, it’s his team.

C- Capela

we all know capela is starting. Not just because he’s good and fit well but also because there’s no one currently on the roster who can challenge him at starting center.

Sg- 

Bogi is a gym rat from all I’ve been reading and very tense in training  . The guy battles. Huerter is still facing aggressive issues and if he don’t start to pick it up he will start to go down a Jeff teague passive aggressive path. If huerter shows up to camp and plays aggressive like he feels like he can be the shit then I’d say he has a real shot at starting but I don’t believe that’s going to happen. Huerter is still a kid trying to find himself in this league. I don’t see that changing by a whole lot in year 3 for Red Velvet.

My prediction: Bogi will be the starter due to just being more experienced at the current time and mentally tougher

Sf-

This one is a big argument for many hawk fans not just the squawk. I would personally be shocked if Gallo starts period, yet alone at the 3 where he can’t defend quicker players which you have mentioned multiple times supes....we all know it would be absolutely horrible! I get the contract but that’s not a good reason he should be starting. Fans will just have to get use to an expensive sixth man in my opinion! But  If you have Trae, Bogi, Collins in a starting lineup you do not need Gallos points with the starters. Which is the best thing Gallo offers with his impact which is scoring and shooting .

We now have 3 and possibly 4 in Trae, Collins, Gallo, and I personally think Bogi can get his avg closer to 20 pts per game in the backcourt with Trae. There’s no need to have our 4 top scorers in the starting lineup. Gallo is the oldest and most injury prone...put him on the bench and allow him to destroy 2nd units and be in the running for sixth man. Even if Gallo shows he’s a top offensive player on this roster  in training camp I still fully expect him to come off bench. 

The 3 will be up for grabs between Cam and Hunter. Cam as you know supes has already shown to be the better defender and he can be locked in.

My prediction- Cam wins starting spot at SF. Young guy with defensive upside that’s long and rangy. offense is coming along but not necessarily needed playing with the starters and is going to be more of a luxury when it comes.

PF- 

It’s really only down to two players....Gallo is talented enough to beat JC at PF because of his scoring being arguably more impactful than collins. But Gallo cannot and has not shown ever that he can be a full time PF in this league even though he’s only played the position once full time over his career....unlike Gallo...collins gives you rebounding, a lot more athleticism, better off ball movement, and better defense than Gallo.

on the flip side we don’t want to make collins mad because we are starting a 32 year old pf lol.

My prediction: Gallo will show collins up offensively in training camp or let’s just say it’s possible but collins will win because he’s more well rounded and offers a lot more for the starters even if Gallo may be more impactful with his scoring I’m sure there’s a down side to it on defense and rebounds.

Sixth man: Gallo

gallo will be the sixth man and build a good chemistry with Rondo like he had at okc with cp3. Rondo is going to get huerter in line as well as both cam and hunter. 

who finishes close games to me is better question than who’s starting . I think starters are set even if most think it’s not.

Gallo has never even made it to 20 ppg, yet he's superior offensively to Collins?  Give us a break.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Gallo has never even made it to 20 ppg, yet he's superior offensively to Collins?  Give us a break.

Meh, this forum overrates Collins pretty hard imo... the guy gets spoon fed buckets, which is why he's so efficient.  He's a really good shooter for his size but Gallo is better there.  I'd like to see Gallo run in lineups with Trae before claiming Collins is better offensively.  I personally believe Collins would be easy to shut down in the playoffs since half his points are dunks/oops/put backs.  Gallo seems to be able to get buckets from anywhere.

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Meh, this forum overrates Collins pretty hard imo... the guy gets spoon fed buckets, which is why he's so efficient.  He's a really good shooter for his size but Gallo is better there.  I'd like to see Gallo run in lineups with Trae before claiming Collins is better offensively.  I personally believe Collins would be easy to shut down in the playoffs since half his points are dunks/oops/put backs.  Gallo seems to be able to get buckets from anywhere.

No nba gm in the world would take Gallinari over Collins in 2020 and beyond.

And I'm not a huge Collins guy.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

*yawn*  Buddy shoots them out of as many games as he wins for them, if not more.

More from the ignorant posters.   You got one guy saying Buddy can't move with the basketball... there's damn near 20 minutes of him taking people off of the dribble.   Then here come KG01 with a response in 0.0004 seconds after the post went up...    I take it you looked at the title of the video and started your response.  The same response you had sight unseen...    Typical. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

No nba gm in the world would take Gallinari over Collins in 2020 and beyond.

And I'm not a huge Collins guy.

Well, Gallo is 32.  Collins is what 24??

I do believe that a lot of Collins offense is Trae made.   At least the efficiency part.   But It's hard to tell if he's Karl Malone or Vin Baker as far as needing help is concerned.   Not everybody is going to be Barkley or Kemp. 

• Premium Member

If the Kangz do sign Bagdanovich.. then they will be over a barrel as the cap is concerned.  We should low ball them for Hield.   Hell if you think 2 2nd rounders can get him.. do that. 

I think that in combination with Trae, we will become the most dangerous team in the East as constructed. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

More from the ignorant posters.   You got one guy saying Buddy can't move with the basketball... there's damn near 20 minutes of him taking people off of the dribble.   Then here come KG01 with a response in 0.0004 seconds after the post went up...    I take it you looked at the title of the video and started your response.  The same response you had sight unseen...    Typical. 

*yawn*  hield is ok, not great, overpaid.  What's not to like?

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, Gallo is 32.  Collins is what 24??

I do believe that a lot of Collins offense is Trae made.   At least the efficiency part.   But It's hard to tell if he's Karl Malone or Vin Baker as far as needing help is concerned.   Not everybody is going to be Barkley or Kemp. 

Fair questions, but doesn't change what I said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrhonline said:

I literally saw the "he shoots us out of many games as he wins" from a Kings fan today.

It's a true statement. He's a gunner, for better or for worse.

That's where I got it from.  Haha.

They want him gone as much as dies-o wants him here.  Odd.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I literally saw the "he shoots us out of many games as he wins" from a Kings fan today.

It's a true statement. He's a gunner, for better or for worse.

The Kangz are so bad in every area that it's impossible to pinpoint what makes them lose. 

• Like 1