• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Before even. They were gonna trade him to the Bucks.

The 48+ hours is more about fielding offers than their own plans.

Honestly... the offers that they are getting right now are probably trash.  I mean, I would float them an offer of 2 2nd rounders for Hield because of the position that they find themselves in.  I suppose NY is probably doing the same.  Prolly 2 2nd rounders for Hield and a future first. 

I think people miss the thing about timing and leverage. 

Bogo got so much from Milwaukee because they were desperate.  In fact, Milwaukee should still be very desperate... As long as Giannis hasn't signed and Lebron and AD are waiting around... I'm desperate if I'm Milwaukee.   I think People took that Milwaukee Desperation and counted it as true valuation for Bogo.  I think we overpaid for him.   But the truth is that there is not a lot of headlining FAs in this market.  So Bogo benefits.

• Moderators

I did think it was kind of unfair to Western teams like the Kangz to have to either "U Up?" other GM offices after midnight or, after a halfway decent night's sleep, be up at the crack o' dawn trying to beat a 10 AM PST deadline set by some Eastern team to secure a trade deal prior to a QO decision.

Also, The Boss Lady gets to coax a halfway productive workday out of me. Win-Win.

~lw3

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

This is just...I have no words.  Why would the Hawks even allow them to have more than 48 hours 🤦‍♂️

I could be wrong but the clock didnt start when the Hawks offered Bogi, it started when Bogi actually signed the offer sheet.

So the Hawks thinking may have been to give Bogi the time to actually mull it over so that it could be signed by Monday at the latest. Bogi just happened to sign a lot sooner. 

If we waited til Monday to offer and then Bogi took his time to sign, this could have lasted even longer. Hawks made the right play to put it out there so this could be wrapped up as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/11/2/21542023/nba-free-agents-preview-offseason-contracts 

The Five Most Interesting Under-the-Radar Free Agents

Bogdan Bogdanovic

Shooting guard | Restricted free agent | Age: 28
2019-20 with Kings: 15.1 points, 3.4 rebounds, 3.4 assists in 29 minutes per game; 44% FG, 37.2% 3FG, 74.1% FT

The Kings entered last season needing to find some clarity on which members of its young core were actually long-term building blocks. De’Aaron Fox is a definite: After bouncing back from a nasty ankle sprain to average 23 points and 6.9 assists per game over his final 35 appearances, he’s eligible for an extension of his rookie contract, and according to James Ham of NBC Sports Bay Area, he “will ask for and likely get whatever the maximum is allowed under the collective bargaining agreement”—a five-year deal worth more than $150 million.

But after a 14th straight year missing the postseason and another front-office shake-up, who’ll play next to Fox remains unclear. Buddy Hield got his contract extension—from, it’s worth noting, the old regime—but he also got benched, and still sounds pretty unhappy about the state of affairs in Sacramento. Now, new general manager Monte McNair has to decide what to do with Bogdanovic, who’s four months older than Hield, replaced him in the starting lineup midway through last season, and is in line for a substantial raise himself.

Bogdanovic isn’t quite Hield’s equal as a pure scorer or long-distance gunner, but he’s still a high-volume marksman, ranking 30th in the NBA in made 3-pointers since he entered the league in 2017. Last season, he was one of just 10 NBA players to attempt nine long balls per 36 minutes and hit at least 37 percent of them. The Serbian swingman also profiles as a much more creative passer than Hield, a somewhat steadier table-setter (posting a higher assist rate and a lower turnover percentage last season), and a (slightly) more dependable perimeter defender.

Opponents outscored Sacramento by 3.7 points per 100 non-garbage-time possessions last season when Bogdanovic and Fox shared the floor, according to Cleaning the Glass, which doesn’t sound great … until you see that the Kings got blitzed by seven points-per-100 in Fox-Hield minutes. (Small-ball lineups featuring all three were a slight net negative, scoring like gangbusters but getting flame-broiled defensively.) If Sacramento can’t play the trio together, and if Hield’s not cool with coming off the bench, then it’s got only one starting spot for two starting-caliber off-guards—the one it’s already paid, or the one it’s about to have to.

The dice-roll nature of restricted free agency, which requires interested suitors to tie up their cap space for two days while the player’s current employer decides whether or not to retain them, and a leaguewide shortage of cap space could combine to create a chilly market for Bogdanovic, and make it easier for Sacramento to keep him at a number it can live with. It takes only one team to make holding on to Bogdanovic too rich for Sacramento’s blood, though. If one thinks there’s a chance he could be a bona fide star in the NBA like he is for Serbia in international play—say, the Bucks, who reportedly have interest (though that’d likely have to be a sign-and-trade deal), or the Hornets, who reportedly kicked the tires on Bogdanovic at February’s trade deadline and are one of the only teams with significant cap space—then the first big choice of McNair’s tenure might become an awfully tough one.

Edited by marco102

Can someone confirm something?  The SnT option is now off the table since the offer has been submitted, right?

I was always under the impression that, if the teams agree on trade terms, then it's an immediate transaction.  No waiting period.

Since the offer has been submitted/signed, this is now just a regular rFA signing and the SnT is no longer available.

Is that right or can the teams still ultimately agree on trade terms if they want?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can someone confirm something?  The SnT option is now off the table since the offer has been submitted, right?

I was always under the impression that, if the teams agree on trade terms, then it's an immediate transaction.  No waiting period.

Since the offer has been submitted/signed, this is now just a regular rFA signing and the SnT is no longer available.

Is that right or can the teams still ultimately agree on trade terms if they want?

I woudl think SnT is off the table for all practical purposes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No longer an option. Bogi will be a King or Hawk. They would have needed to work out the snt before Bogi signed the offer sheet. 

If the Kings match the offer, Bogi can't be traded to the Hawks for one year. He can waive his no trade clause and be sent to any other team. He also has the option to waive the trade kicker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I woudl think SnT is off the table for all practical purposes. 

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No longer an option. Bogi will be a King or Hawk. They would have needed to work out the snt before Bogi signed the offer sheet. 

If the Kings match the offer, Bogi can't be traded to the Hawks for one year. He can waive his no trade clause and be sent to any other team. He also has the option to waive the trade kicker.

Thanks.  I knew I wasn't crazy but I keep seeing Kings' fans posts suggesting they could be working on trade terms.  I'm like, nah that ship sailed long ago.

I still predict they'll match.  If they don't, they're gonna be wishing they took that OKC 1st as compensation instead of insisting on Heurter or whatever else.  Dan E. strAinge ain't the only GM that got greedy and (could) lose a guy for nothin', imho.

• Like 1

If I understand, once the offer sheet is signed, that's it.  Nothing else can be done.  If the home team does not match, the player is gone.  If the home team matches, he stays home.  But, the player cannot be traded for 6 months to any NBA team EXCEPT the team giving the offer sheet.  The player cannot be traded to that team for 12 full months.

Once a player signs an offer sheet, I've just found out, the home team has two full business days to match the offer or refuse.  Week ends don't count.  Our offer was signed Sunday.  Therefore the clock didn't start until Monday.  Kings have until tonight, midnight, to decide.

:smug:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thanks.  I knew I wasn't crazy but I keep seeing Kings' fans posts suggesting they could be working on trade terms.  I'm like, nah that ship sailed long ago.

I still predict they'll match.  If they don't, they're gonna be wishing they took that OKC 1st as compensation instead of insisting on Heurter or whatever else.  Dan E. strAinge ain't the only GM that got greedy and (could) lose a guy for nothin', imho.

I would assume the trade terms are in regards to Buddy. The  logic is that if Kings sign Bogi that Hield would have to be moved to avoid the log-jam, so I think the trades the Kings would be fielding would be for Hield. Though I guess it would be technically possible for a third team to be negoatiating a trade for Bogi under his offer sheet contract? Not sure if it is allowed but I would guess it would be. 

16 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I would assume the trade terms are in regards to Buddy. The  logic is that if Kings sign Bogi that Hield would have to be moved to avoid the log-jam, so I think the trades the Kings would be fielding would be for Hield. Though I guess it would be technically possible for a third team to be negoatiating a trade for Bogi under his offer sheet contract? Not sure if it is allowed but I would guess it would be. 

This is correct.  But I still wanted to get my shot in. 😏

If we aren't hearing any rumblings they won't sign then I'm leaning towards them waiting until the 11th hour to match.  At this point it will just be a nice surprise if they don't

If they do match we still get the last laugh with that trade kicker and them bringing back someone who knows they aren't part of the future.  Schlenk'd 'em!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2