• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

I feel more and more like the Kings will match. Even if it's not in their best interest, losing Bogi for nothing after that failed SnT seems like too much to stomach after all the L's they've taken in recent years. 

Yeah I have it 60/40 Sacramento favored. Like you said, I just don’t see them wanting to lose him for nothing. 

1 minute ago, High5 said:

I feel more and more like the Kings will match. Even if it's not in their best interest, losing Bogi for nothing after that failed SnT seems like too much to stomach after all the L's they've taken in recent years. 

I think that’s the issue with teams like the kings. They don’t do well managing money and building teams and players together that complement one another then another team puts them in positions like this where they are going to have an unbelievable amount of money wrapped up in just the back court.

yes I want the hawks to get Bogi obviously but since Buddys market is all dried up it doesn’t really make sense depending on what the plans are for this season .

Just to note I heard on nba radio that Bogi is not happy with SAC and would like to move on. It’s possible they bring back a disgruntled player if they match as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Yeah I have it 60/40 Sacramento favored. Like you said, I just don’t see them wanting to lose him for nothing. 

I honestly don’t believe Schlenk does the deal if he thought they’d match it easily.....that trade kicker being added on is a killer!  

they could match it of course but Schlenk really screwed them over in the details of the contract making them think more than twice about matching ....buddys market will be dry again next off season with the loaded backcourt plus as we know it just doesn’t work with him there.

im still very confident Bogi will be a hawk tomorrow officially at 12pm but we will see.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

If Bogdan doesn't get matched, I do think you start him instead of Gallo.

Young/Bogdanovic/Reddish/Collins/Capela

Gallo is your 6th man and splits minutes between the 3 and 4. Collins leaves early and headlines the bench lineup. 

Not totally sure on how you'd divide the minutes.

This is my vision as well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So it's because of Trae, or the system that we run, that's why he's so good?

Did people forget what this guy did in college?  He's always been this good around the rim.

The reason why he fell to 19th, was because scouts didn't think he could shoot.

Now he's proven that he can shoot.

And he's proven that he can ball without Trae in the few games he's been the focal point by himself.

What more do ya'll want to see out of Collins?

Exactly, the only negatives were shooting and short arms.

He is a stud

• Like 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, High5 said:

The Kings fans will match... Wait and Year and then trade him with no kicker. 

It makes more sense.   It's not about if Bogi is good or not.. it's about do other teams want him.   Believe me.. Bogi has benefited from a failed deal, a weak draft, and a weak FA class.   IF there were other FAs of value out here, Bogi's name would not have been called for this much. 

So...I agree.. it's good Business that the Kings get something for him.  The owner is talking strong.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think that’s the issue with teams like the kings. They don’t do well managing money and building teams and players together that complement one another then another team puts them in positions like this where they are going to have an unbelievable amount of money wrapped up in just the back court.

yes I want the hawks to get Bogi obviously but since Buddys market is all dried up it doesn’t really make sense depending on what the plans are for this season .

Just to note I heard on nba radio that Bogi is not happy with SAC and would like to move on. It’s possible they bring back a disgruntled player if they match as well.

They will have 2.  But they are the ones who have to think value and not happiness.   It would be dumb business for them not to match.  They would have to stick it out for a year... but after that they can trade.   Moreover,  Buddy's contract is not as bad as you think. It declines.  That works well for a trade on him because he's a natural shooter. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

The Kings fans will match... Wait and Year and then trade him with no kicker. 

It makes more sense.   It's not about if Bogi is good or not.. it's about do other teams want him.   Believe me.. Bogi has benefited from a failed deal, a weak draft, and a weak FA class.   IF there were other FAs of value out here, Bogi's name would not have been called for this much. 

So...I agree.. it's good Business that the Kings get something for him.  The owner is talking strong.

Nope. The trade kicker still applies on the remaining guaranteed years.  He was going the the Bucks for around $15 million. LAL was interested in a SnT after the failed Bucks trade. Boston thought they could get him using the $20 mil TPE if they managed a SnT with the Hornets.

The Market is what it is.  Look at what Joe Harris and Bertans got.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Did people forget what this guy did in college?  He's always been this good around the rim.

And he's proven that he can ball without Trae in the few games he's been the focal point by himself.

I'm not going to disagree with you.  BUT I want to point this out to you..

The video you choose shows:

3 alley opps

2 scores on the break

4 put backs

and only 2 scores back to the basket (one hook shoot and one nice turn around)

and several free throws.

This video doesn't prove your point. 

Like I said, it's hard to know if he's Karl Malone or Vin Baker.  In their prime, both of these men played with good PGs.  However, it was muddy when you tried to figure out if it was the skill of the PG, the System, or the players themselves that made them as efficient as they were. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope. The trade kicker still applies on the remaining guaranteed years.  He was going the the Bucks for around $15 million. LAL was interested in a SnT after the failed Bucks trade. Boston thought they could get him using the $20 mil TPE if they managed a SnT with the Hornets.

The Market is what it is.  Look at what Joe Harris and Bertans got.

Yeah.. but the Market is lacking notable FAs.  There's an unnatural inflation going on for guys who are not notable.   This may continue to be the trend.  I mean if teams keep signing their top guys before their free agent year, we may see more weak FA classes that get guys inflated contracts.   But everybody knows that a lot of guys have been overpaid.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't really disagree with your points, but if I'm being honest, the answer is I want to see him in the playoffs.  I don't really worry about Trae underperforming in the playoffs, but I could definitely see it happening for Collins.  This is really my hesitation... college feels irrelevant to me because of the type of player he is -- he's bigger and more athletic than those college players and can bully them.  I don't know if that will be the case in the playoffs.

I watched him a lot last year and he struggles against dominant rim protecting bigs.  He put up like 8 points on Milwaukee?  Struggled against Jarrett Allen... etc.  He feels really volatile to me and I think the volatility is going to swing the wrong way when we enter playoff basketball.  I genuinely hope I'm wrong because I like the guy, but I do feel like most of his monster games are against bad/tanking teams or teams with really weak rim protectors.

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't really disagree with your points, but if I'm being honest, the answer is I want to see him in the playoffs.  I don't really worry about Trae underperforming in the playoffs, but I could definitely see it happening for Collins.  This is really my hesitation... college feels irrelevant to me because of the type of player he is -- he's bigger and more athletic than those college players and can bully them.  I don't know if that will be the case in the playoffs.

I watched him a lot last year and he struggles against dominant rim protecting bigs.  He put up like 8 points on Milwaukee?  Struggled against Jarrett Allen... etc.  He feels really volatile to me and I think the volatility is going to swing the wrong way when we enter playoff basketball.  I genuinely hope I'm wrong because I like the guy, but I do feel like most of his monster games are against bad/tanking teams or teams with really weak rim protectors.

Bruh! Collins be dominating Jarrett Allen!

are you sure you watched those net games????

Collins did struggle against the bucks and Giannis but Giannis isn’t the DPOY for no reason. As far as Jarrett Allen though no sir! Collins shits on Allen , Allen can’t keep up with collins speed. I think you may be thinking about Orlando ...collins did struggle against Jonathan Isaac a few times if I recall it right.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Bruh! Collins be dominating Jarrett Allen!

are you sure you watched those net games????

Collins did struggle against the bucks and Giannis but Giannis isn’t the DPOY for no reason. As far as Jarrett Allen though no sir! Collins shits on Allen , Allen can’t keep up with collins speed. I think you may be thinking about Orlando ...collins did struggle against Jonathan Isaac a few times if I recall it right.

No seriously Jarrett Allen is a horrible matchup vs collins. In fact it’s one of collins better teams he scores again from what I remember on all the games .

Here’s more...article and another video

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2019/01/11/atlanta-hawks-john-collins-historic-stat-line-nets/

@JeffS17 Wait theres more...I just have to find it. I believe collins scores close to 30 if not 30 every time we played the nets the past two seasons 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Perk is talking about the wrong Bogi. 

Perkins also claimed the Celtics were big winners in FAgency. Even when the other 2 were like, nah they are definitely losers. He doubled down after. Cant take him seriously. He is still better than Paul Pierce though.