• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Bruh! Collins be dominating Jarrett Allen!

are you sure you watched those net games????

Collins did struggle against the bucks and Giannis but Giannis isn’t the DPOY for no reason. As far as Jarrett Allen though no sir! Collins shits on Allen , Allen can’t keep up with collins speed. I think you may be thinking about Orlando ...collins did struggle against Jonathan Isaac a few times if I recall it right.

😂 been tied up at work all day but just seeing this... yeah i must have watched the one bad game he had, i didn't check stats before throwing that out there.  I went to a game versus the bucks and remembered that one well... but I look forward to the games this year and watching our squad compete for minutes

• Haha 1

https://www.sacbee.com/article247387305.html 

The Kings had earmarked $15 million to $18 million for Bogdanovic with the belief that the salary cap would increase to $115 million. Bogdanovic’s camp was already signaling a willingness to play hardball in those negotiations after Hield and Harrison Barnes received fatter contracts — with statistical analysis suggesting Bogdanoic was better — but Divac was confident he could get a deal done. Then the coronavirus pandemic caused billions in revenue losses, Divac was removed from power and the Kings hired McNair to figure out how the pieces fit under a salary cap that remained flat at $109.1 million.

There are some legitimate reasons for McNair to let Bogdanovic go. Sources have suggested Bogdanovic would prefer to move on, saying the 28-year-old shooting guard feels he has been “de-prioritized” by the Kings organization.

In addition, bringing Bogdanovic back could limit McNair’s future roster and salary cap flexibility and slow any plans of an immediate rebuild around 22-year-old point guard De’Aaron Fox, 21-year-old forward Marvin Bagley III and 20-year-old rookie first-round draft pick Tyrese Haliburton.

Matching the offer for Bogdanovic might mean committing to the current roster for the foreseeable future, although McNair would certainly explore trade possibilities. In the meantime, though, a backcourt that includes Fox, Hield, Bogdanovic and Cory Joseph might stunt the growth of Haliburton, who will need minutes at both guard spots to develop.

Signing Bogdanovic for an estimated $18 million would push the team’s payroll to $115 million, well over the $109.1 million salary cap. That doesn’t account for Haliburton, who figured to get a little over $3 million. The Kings can exceed the salary cap to sign Bogdanovic because they hold his Bird Rights, but the cap crunch would get even worse in 2020-21 when Fox’s new five-year, $163 million max contract kicks in with clauses that could push it to the $195.6 million super max.

The Kings can begin to create some flexibility by letting Bogdanovic go. Haliburton, a 6-foot-5, 185-pound combo guard, was one of the top prospects in the draft, according to some analysts, before his surprising fall to the Kings at No. 12. Bogdanovic’s departure would allow Haliburton to take his place as a secondary playmaker and ball handler in a more well-defined role as a primary backup at point guard and shooting guard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For me, I see this like the Tim Hardaway Jr. situation. Atlanta at the time was on the way down. We weren't likely to resign Sap. We had nothing but bad contracts

Miles Plumlee

Dennis Schröder contract was seen as awful at the time. No one wanted him. It was the Hield deal for them. 

Bazemore contract was ass. Like their Harrison Barnes deal

NY offers THJ 70 million guaranteed. 

It was tough for us. He was productive and really developed under us. I remember this being a lose-lose. Looking back at it, I didn't want to match because I felt we were going to be in the tank, no reason to keep him, stink but not as bad and take ourselves from the tank and with Coach Bud, we were going to win some games no matter what. 

We ended up with the tank, got Trae with a chance at Luka. We did well. If this upcoming draft was weak, that would play a role as well. I know I could maybe get an asset but in a strong class like 2021, no one is trading you shit good. Everyone is posted up looking to get out of contracts. Cap space is an asset. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, JTB said:

@JeffS17 here we go....

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/john-collins-vs-nets-every-game

you were right there was a 8 point game vs the nets and another outing where John only had 5 pts but only played 15 minutes that game. However collins has clearly dominated in games vs the nets 

Damn what is it about the Nets? Even throughout his struggles, Cam dropped 20 on Brooklyn 3 times last year. 2 of those times was a new career high

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If we don't get Bogo....

Tell me the real problem with starting out with:

Trae, Snell, Hunter, Collins, and Cap.

as our starting 5?

With Gallo getting about 30 mpg at the 4 and Collins getting about 18 mpg at the 5.

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If we don't get Bogo....

Tell me the real problem with starting out with:

Trae, Snell, Hunter, Collins, and Cap.

as our starting 5?

With Gallo getting about 30 mpg at the 4 and Collins getting about 18 mpg at the 5.

Do you really believe there is a world where Snell starts over a healthy Cam or are you trolling? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Do you really believe there is a world where Snell starts over a healthy Cam 

If we want to start a defensive SG, I agree Cam is the way to go.  Snell should be a nice boost to depth but shouldn't be starting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, High5 said:

Do you really believe there is a world where Snell starts over a healthy Cam or are you trolling? 

My plan had a few unstated things.  #1  Cam and Hunter would platoon at the 3.   #2.  Cam and Heurter would back up the 2.

Here's the deal.. I just think it would be better for Trae to start the season with a vet at the 2 who can hit open shots consistently.  Snell is not going to be playing 48 minutes at the 2.  In fact, I wouldn't suggest 20 minutes.  But what I'm suggesting is that he starts off with Trae to give us shooting (consistent). 

#3.  Trae doesn't need to be moved to the OG position. 

With a rotation of Snell, Huerter and Cam... we dont' need Trae to play any SG.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

My plan had a few unstated things.  #1  Cam and Hunter would platoon at the 3.   #2.  Cam and Heurter would back up the 2.

Here's the deal.. I just think it would be better for Trae to start the season with a vet at the 2 who can hit open shots consistently.  Snell is not going to be playing 48 minutes at the 2.  In fact, I wouldn't suggest 20 minutes.  But what I'm suggesting is that he starts off with Trae to give us shooting (consistent). 

#3.  Trae doesn't need to be moved to the OG position. 

With a rotation of Snell, Huerter and Cam... we dont' need Trae to play any SG.

Cam shot 52/131 (.397) from 3 in 2020. Snell shot 45/119 (.378). So if shooting consistency is the only reason to you want Snell to start then it's not a given he even has that advantage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1