• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks DID SIGN BB (Bogdan Bogdanović) 4 years $72 million. (UPDATE)

marco102

1 minute ago, mrhonline said:

Not quite. They'll be capped out, but not in danger of the tax necessarily. People are getting confused by Joseph's salary, which is only 2.4M guaranteed next year.

28.1 (Fox)

22.5 (Hield)

20.3 (Barnes)

18.0 (BB)

11.3 (Bagley)

4.0 (Hali)

2.4 (Joseph, waived)

They still need to add 6 more players at about $5 million each to stay under the luxury tax. If they happen to get the number on pick, that number drops a bit more.  It'll be pretty hard to fit 4 players into exceptions but I guess it's possible.  They'll have to trade someone from a roster construction standpoint.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They still need to add 6 more players at about $5 million each to stay under the luxury tax. If they happen to get the number on pick, that number drops a bit more.  It'll be pretty hard to fit 4 players into exceptions but I guess it's possible.  They'll have to trade someone from a roster construction standpoint.

Agreed. It definitely hampers any real improvement. 

The rumors about signing Whiteside (two years at MLE, maybe?) make more sense is they don't match on Bogi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So if the Kings match who do we sign for additional depth or we stand pat?

What about Shaquille Harrison?  Who knows about this guy? 38% from 3 last season in 43 games with the Bulls.

Or RGIII?

I'd stand pat and have capspace to coming into the season to have flexibility to pull off deals at the trade deadline. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

I'd stand pat and have capspace to coming into the season to have flexibility to pull off deals at the trade deadline. 

I'd be ok with that. Maybe combine Snell's expiring for an upgrade.

Just now, Final_quest said:

What’s plan B?
Take a salary dump for draft picks?  

Which team is still looking to dump salary though?

Just now, GameTime said:

Can't we use the cap space for a trade?

Yes we can, ideally guys on 1 or 2 year deals. List of guys we can target: Evan Fournier, Norman Powell, Terrance Ross..

We have many options.

• Like 1