• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we sleeping on Kevin Huerter?

Wurider05

How does Bud plan for these Hawks?  After all, he left us as in a divorce because he found someone else that he thought was more sexy.  Bet he was planning to meet the 76ers and not the Hawks.

Was he asleep on Huerter?  If so, he has a new nightmare to contend with.  Atlanta proved in game seven, we're not just Trae and some unheard of players.  Stop Trae and you stop the Hawks.  Nope.  Doesn't work that was.  Ask the 76ers.

Really, these Atlanta Hawks have matured a lot this season.  Rookie center wasn't in summer league or pre season.  He's had to learn on the fly.  He's learned some more in the playoffs.  He still has a long way to go.

Huerter sleepers have awoken.  He's no longer for sale on the cheap or thought of as an extra wing that we really don't need.  

:sun:

• Like 4

21 hours ago, TheTruth said:

I really like Heurter, and he saved our bacon last night, but his issue is largely consistency. He's just as likely to score 20 as he is 8. He has shown improvement, but consistency is key with him. 

I agree, and I said something about this during the game at halftime because I didn't think he would carry it over across halves. He proved me wrong.

Then in his presser he acknowledged that he was aware of his inconsistent tendencies. And that he made a conscious choice to stay aggressive after halftime.

That to me is a huge deal. Self Awareness, and the ability to self correct.

I have a little more faith that he will try to be aggressive against the Bucks. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

What happened to Huerter these last 2 games?  He just couldn't get it going. 

He was tremendous vs Philly, particularly in game 7. He just couldn't seem to find his rhythm vs the Bucks.

I'm still pleased with his progress this year, particularly on defense. Lots to work on this offseason.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What happened to Huerter these last 2 games?  He just couldn't get it going. 

He was tremendous vs Philly, particularly in game 7. He just couldn't seem to find his rhythm vs the Bucks.

I'm still pleased with his progress this year, particularly on defense. Lots to work on this offseason.

I wanna say he physically wore down in these last two games but who knows maybe a bit mental too. Very pleased here as well, he’s got the feel, the shooting and passing and even showed out on his defense with those blocks he had. Maybe a little time in the gym, NOT A TON OF LIFTING WRONG THO lol, I don’t want a J Smoove operation here.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wanna say he physically wore down in these last two games but who knows maybe a bit mental too. Very pleased here as well, he’s got the feel, the shooting and passing and even showed out on his defense with those blocks he had. Maybe a little time in the gym, NOT A TON OF LIFTING WRONG THO lol, I don’t want a J Smoove operation here.

My thought too. I think all the injuries to the other wings finally caught up to him. Tasked with playing PG, SG, SF, going between bench and starter - not many players can do that easily.

• Like 3

He had a great season. He's not built to be a starter playing a huge role, and it started to show the longer it went. I said before the season that he'd fit better as a 6th or 7th man, and he thrived there.

• 4 weeks later...