• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Worst contract currently

Final_quest

22 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

It occurred to me you could make the case there is not a single bad contract on the roster.  If you had to pick one player, who would you say is the worst contract?  

Bogi's....I haven't been thrilled with what I've seen from him so far. He's been really late to his spots and can't be trusted on defense.  If it keeps up, it would make him hard to move. Everyone, even Snell is movable at this point.

• Premium Member

Capela, we've had him for 10 months and he's played in 1 game :hehe:. Kidding - I don't think we have any bad contracts.

A bad contract to me is one where you have to include assets to move it or take back a worse but shorter term deal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Bogi's....I haven't been thrilled with what I've seen from him so far. He's been really late to his spots and can't be trusted on defense.  If it keeps up, it would make him hard to move. Everyone, even Snell is movable at this point.

Bogdan has played very well two out of the three games. He is averaging 16 - 9 - 4 per 36 mins with a TS% of 57%.

His defense has been fine. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, thecampster said:

I actually agree with this.  I don't see a major difference (except experience) between Bogi and Huerter.  While it's good to have another guy who can shoot and who knows how to move in the offense, I don't know if he's much better than Huerter. 

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela, we've had him for 10 months and he's played in 1 game :hehe:. Kidding - I don't think we have any bad contracts.

A bad contract to me is one where you have to include assets to move it or take back a worse but shorter term deal.

Capela is the new Speedy Claxton  :grin:

21 hours ago, kg01 said:

Collins because he can't really be traded for equivalent caliber player? 

So true.  He's on the last year of his rookie contract.  He has a much, much higher value.  Yet, if he is traded now, it will be at that contract rate.  He apparently turned down a pretty good contract.  

Hawks apparently are now between a rock and a hard place.  As a restricted free agent at the end of the season, he may get a max or near max offer from someone.  Hawks either match or lose him for nothing.  Makes you want to cry.  Don't want to lose him for nothing.  Don't want to pay him the max.

Collins believes he is a max contract player.  Hawks feel he is very good, but not max.

:play_truck:

I don't think we have a bad contract right now, but John Collins is the one that concerns me.  Bogi is too gifted with dribble, pass, shoot skills to be a concern.  Gallo and Capela's contracts are too short.  

Collins is difficult because you can't get equivalent trade value and he's probably not worth a max contract.  For that reason I would say Collins as well.  

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I don't think we have a bad contract right now, but John Collins is the one that concerns me.  Bogi is too gifted with dribble, pass, shoot skills to be a concern.  Gallo and Capela's contracts are too short.  

Collins is difficult because you can't get equivalent trade value and he's probably not worth a max contract.  For that reason I would say Collins as well.  

Well, statistically, Collins will make himself a Max-like player.   I think if we do give him the max, we remember that he's very tradable.  I don't want to see him become a Derrick Favors though.  I mean he has no midrange game.  His game is kinda depended on what Trae can give him. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I agree there isn't a really bad one mainly because the lengths are short on everyone.

But Capela needs to stay healthy and play a lot better (it's only been 2 games i know).   Gallo needs to be healthy.   Those are the potential less than great but i'm not really worried about them.

I wish we had extended Collins.  I'm just hoping it was at least amicable.   But having him on a last year of a rookie deal with no extension seems like a bad contract to me.   (and i understand RFA but that doesn't always pan out for the team the way you think)

• Like 2