• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cam Reddish is out for the rest of the Regular Season

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

He had a lot of injuries at Duke as well. 

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I just want him healthy next year and be able to put in some offseason work.  He's been robbed of any meaningful stretch of time to improve his game and get better -- really unfortunate injury timings combined with COVID.

I know he is going crazy having to sit out for so long. The only thing that can make him better as a player is time on the court. He has been robbed of that for two years. 

• Premium Member

I feel toward Bruno as I feel for Cam, and I feel for Cam as I feel for Bruno. Similar conversation. And, truly, DAH is a similar conversation--didn't really impress anyone until several games into this season, and even then, didn't stay on the court very long. At least Bruno's been healthy this season (as far as anyone knows). At least Cam and DAH haven't suffered the loss of the person who is ostensibly their biggest fan.

You think the decision on JC's first vet contract might be a difficult one for Schlenk... just think how much speculation and projection is going to go into Cam and DAH's eventual first vet contract. (Bruno, hopefully for his sake, will already have gotten a fresh start with a team that actually overtly is prepared to help him develop.)

Tragic might be an overstatement, but certainly a delayed-development start for the NBA careers of that entire draft class, really, with only a very few exceptions such as Morant.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Will the Achilles heal 'on it's own'?   I have no idea but hoping someone does.  

I haven't heard 'tear or partial tear'  - just sore - so it's maybe  and hopefully it's just a rest and strengthening thing like Capela had with his plantar fasciitis.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I haven't heard 'tear or partial tear'  - just sore - so it's maybe  and hopefully it's just a rest and strengthening thing like Capela had with his plantar fasciitis.

I know nothing about medicine but can you strengthen tendons?  I thought they were what they were and they are either attached or torn or partially attached but if any of those things are true it's not going to change without surgery.   I guess the answer here is obviously not but i don't understand it. 

Remember last year I was so positive on Cam I was pushing for him to start at SG and Kev off the bench for this season. That was way before the FA additions of course. Now just getting him back on the court looks like it is next season in reality. Don't see us forcing him into the playoff action myself. With the way the refs operate in postseason an injury could just be waiting to happen to Cam. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Remember last year I was so positive on Cam I was pushing for him to start at SG and Kev off the bench for this season. That was way before the FA additions of course. Now just getting him back on the court looks like it is next season in reality. Don't see us forcing him into the playoff action myself. With the way the refs operate in postseason an injury could just be waiting to happen to Cam. 

Plus, he has really struggled this season so if you have Bogi, Huerter, Dunn, Hunter, etc. all available you probably aren't going to run a rotation deep enough to need him on the floor even if he was somehow ready to go without any real concern at that point.  Hard to throw someone into a high pressure playoff game without playing for 50 days or whatever it would be.  

• Like 1