2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Nah. Too early in this process to label anyone a bust. It's just one game, a summer league game at that, and it's an easily correctable thing that coaches can correct him on. 

I'm not labeling him a bust. I said if I had to guess on how his career would turn out, I would put that money on bust.

And I'm not sure it's correctable. That requires an insight into Jalen's psyche that I just don't have. But I will say that NBA history is absolutely littered with examples showing that drive/motor/commitment/ability to overcome adversity/etc is not something that is easily taught. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, niremetal said:

I'm not labeling him a bust. I said if I had to guess on how his career would turn out, I would put that money on bust.

And I'm not sure it's correctable. That requires an insight into Jalen's psyche that I just don't have. But I will say that NBA history is absolutely littered with examples showing that drive/motor/commitment/ability to overcome adversity/etc is not something that is easily taught. 

You have to bring it every night. And early in your career when you're not getting minutes, it's really hard to stay ready. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, niremetal said:

I'm not saying this is a nonsensical comment, but If I had a guess  on it, I would put money that it is. 

See, you are clearly calling him a bust for some reason. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm not saying this is a nonsensical comment, but If I had a guess  on it, I would put money that it is. 

See, you are clearly calling him a bust for some reason. 

No I'm not. I won't know if he's a bust until his career is at least a few years in. Right now I have no basis for assessing his career. Instead, I'm making a gut-level prediction of what I think his career would be if I had to make a guess. I'm basing that on his time in HS and college and what I feel like are glimpses of the same stuff here. He still has lots of time to turn it around, but my (very early) prediction is that he don won't. If you can't see the distinction between a prediction and a label like that, I don't know what to tell you.

Anyway, I've been around long enough to realize that my predictions are often wrong. I'm hoping this ends up being one of those wrong predictions.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

While I am not sold on anyone who's not in the Big 3. Schofield showed me he can set good screens and against lesser comp, I seen some offensive flashes. I would like to add him on a E10 deal. Same for Heidegger. I like him as a E10 player. 

We need 3 more E10 guys. I would love to sign Liangelo Ball. 

We need two E10 wings. We signed an E10 center already. We also signed Watson. We can sign up to 6 E10 players. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, niremetal said:

Anyway, I really, truly hope Jalen succeeds. He's got oodles of time to turn things around. But I don't like the layman's "vibe" I get off of him, and I'm saying so. You don't like reading that, feel free to scroll.

You are entitled to have your opinions. No one is mad at you for having them. Just don't sit here and act like you calling someone a bust from three summer league games is not what you did.

If I called you a blue alien doesn't mean you are. I stilled called you a blue alien. 

If you think he will be a bust, then stick with your guns and don't be personally be offended when someone debates you on it. 

You spelled out the reasons you think he won't succeed. It'll be pretty hard for Jalen not to be in the league for four years so by your own criteria he will most likely be successful. I think he will at least get a second contract.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

i can see JJ turning out like smoove, not quite a bust, shows flashes of talent but also a head case and could never quite put it together to achieve stardom. though if he's putting up 9WS year like smoove did at his peak that's tremendous value for a 20th pick.

Edited by dalamchops
  • Like 1