Cam over Bogi for the chip

sillent

We had an outstanding playoff run that's only going to get harder from here because we're not surprising people anymore. 

We beat the Knicks and 76ers but there was a key factor to that. Knicks and 76ers don't have elite shooting guards.

When we have to face the Bradley Beal's, Jimmy Butler's, James Harden, Khris Middleton, Jayson and Jaylen and other elite teams we're going to need elite defense as well as elite offense to win a championship.

We played 3 on 5 against Milwaukee especially when Trae and Bogi were hurt. Young has definitely stepped up his defense but he still needs to be hidden on that end of the floor. Bogi is a decent but not elite defender. I'd bet on Cam and Hunter any day that I need a defensive stopper which is why ultimately to win a chip Cam must be our starting shooting guard and DeAndre Hunter our starting small forward if Trae and JC are our other 2 stars. I love JC but if he was our only/main option against Julius Randle that series could have went a little different. Defense still wins championships. You can get away with it with better talent than the rest but once you start to face similar talent defense is the X Factor. 

Our starting lineup at the end of the season should be 

PG Trae Young, SG Cam Reddish SF DeAndre Hunter,  PF John Collins,C Onyeka Okongwu 

A bench consisting of Bogi, Huerter, Gallo, Clint and a PG or even Lou Will is a dangerous one. We're no longer just trying to look good in the regular season we are trying to win a championship and in order to do so we need the right pieces in the right places at the right time. 

Bogi and Huerter are great pieces but if you want to win a championship and we're running across teams with elite wings we need a Cam Reddish and a DeAndre Hunter to pair with Trae.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let's not get all Chris Crawford because of a good Playoff series. 

Let's go with what we had and if Cam works his way into the starting position, so be it. 

Chris Crawford was decent lol but Cam has true potential to be a star right along with Trae and Dre. It's the intangibles.

• Like 4

I think Bogi continues to start. If Cam continues to drop twenty off the bench with great defense, leave him in that role as long as we have Bogi. 

Cam is definitely the future at two guard as long as his offense becomes more consistent.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Cam's numbers are better when he comes off the bench.  Also, he did not play a single second of the New York/Philly series and had plenty of rest for his playoff debut in the Milwaukee series.  I'm high on Cam as well, but pump the brakes on this starter talk. I'm fine with Cam and Huerter being our 1-2 punch off the bench.  Get us a quality veteran backup PG and our bench will be the best in the league.

C - OO

PF - Gallo

SF - Cam

SG - Huerter

PG - Lou or quality vet

That's a better starting lineup than five teams in the league.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

For this team to reach is full potential Cam has to start.  Bogi is a nice player but obviously does not have star potential and basically has to be hidden on defense.  His offense is not dynamic in that he is for the most part a spot up shooter who doesn't get to the free throw line.  Huerter has even added more variety to his game than Bogdanovic with his ability to create space for himself in the lane with that turn around shot.  Everything about Bogi's game screams spark off the bench type player.  Just 1 man's opinion of course

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Diesel recently wanted to continue playing Solo over Cam Reddish. I don't think he sees the bigger picture. That said, I have no issues playing Bogi over Cam. His impact metrics were top 10 in the NBA when he was healthy. He offers tremendous fit with Trae even if they are food against better offenses in the NBA. That's why we got serious depth 

He's not wrong here though. Cam is what, a career 35% shooter, and 30% 3pt shooter?? We all know Cam has potential but it's going to take more than one game for him to overtake Bogi who averaged over 21ppg in 50% the last three months of the season for the Hawks.

• Like 2

I agree with you all and I didn't mean switch Cam immediately but by mid-season in preparation for the playoffs Cam needs to be in that starting role. We lacked getting good starts when shots were off because we couldn't defend.

We also lucked up and played teams that had decent but not great SG's. When we run across teams with 2 good wings like Boston or Brooklyn and even to a lesser extent in Miami/Pacers/Hornets we will need our best wing defenders with Trae.

• Admin

Bogi was our second best player this year and probably saved our season … his knee that he hurt in the philly series screwed up his game and he hadn’t been the same since.  I expect him to be back to his old self when the new season starts .

• Like 4

I'm fine with Cam coming off the bench next season for 20 to 25 minutes per night for mainly one reason --- minutes restriction coming off a mostly missed season. You have to be conditioned to play big minutes over 82 games. And then to add a deep playoff run on top of it too? 

Yeah, let Cam work himself back into shape without wearing himself out before the playoffs even start. At least until mid-season. 

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let's not get all Chris Crawford because of a good Playoff series. 

Let's go with what we had and if Cam works his way into the starting position, so be it. 

Did you just liken Chris Crawford to Cam? :cray2:ummmmm @NBASupes ready for a tag team? Lol.

Cam is the best thing since sliced bread 🍞 Diesel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3