• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Golden State is giving up Wiseman, the Hawks should be Listening.

Diesel

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, thescout said:

Wiseman's quickness, hops, ability to block shots and get up and down the floor not many bigs can keep up with. I'm not sure the Hawks have enough without giving up Hunter or O to get him. I just saw a deal sending Beal and another for Wiseman etc... thats how some teams value him. I know the Hawks came so close to getting to the finals and injuries were a huge factor but bigs like Wiseman don't come around often. Worth looking into and seeing what the Warriors want. 

I think you have that backwards....to get Beal GSW will have to send picks 7, 14, future picks along with Wiseman and salary filler (Wiggins).

• Premium Member

OO's BBIQ is way better than Wiseman. He was a legit contributor for us in the playoffs while Wiseman got pushed into starter minutes cause of management wanting him to get them.

If GSW drafted OO and gave him the minutes Wiseman got, he wouldn't even be on the trade block.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

This thread is getting more outrageous with each post supporting this trade.  

I have no idea why no one wants to run it back with a healthy squad (minus OO) to see what we really have. Then we should start making trades to address needs.

Wiseman is a good young big, but to give up that much depth is crazy!!!

This idea that we hold on to all are guys is ridiculous. We can’t pay them all.

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Huh??? Clint, JC, Huerter, AND 2 1sts for WISEMAN???? 

That's nuts...and we'll also have to take back Wiggins. 

He’s a 1st overall pick. A legit 7 footer that moves like he’s 6’8”. He can impact the floor in both ends. It’s a big gamble on potential but one thing I hate about the Squawk is we overvalue our guys and undervalue everyone else. Wiseman has best big in the league potential.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Guy's arguably not even better than OO but folks wanna give up a godfather offer for him?

Cmon people.  All this is is folks pining for tanking again.  Get it outta yer system people or go be a Cavs fan.  They got plenty of tank left if you're into that sorta thing.

O rly? 

Y’all really on something 🤣

Why on earth, if your assertion is true, would JW be the first overall pick in the draft and OO the sixth ?

Again. Squawkers overvalue our own and undervalue everyone else. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The latest GSW rumor is for Myles Turner from the Pacers.

I highly doubt JW gets moved for so little. There is absolutely no precedent for a first overall pick being dealt for such little value.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I highly doubt JW gets moved for so little. There is absolutely no precedent for a first overall pick being dealt for such little value.

Wiggins #1 pick, Anthony Bennet #1 pick and Thaddeus Young #12 pick - traded for Kevin Love.

I think you are overvaluing his #1 pick status. 

Remember since last draft, GSW has been trying to move that pick for a win now player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

This idea that we hold on to all are guys is ridiculous. We can’t pay them all.

So we just start over???? Because that's essentially what this is.

How do you see this playing out on the court next season in terms of WINNING?

How does Schlenk convince Trae to sign that early extention (after telling him help is on the way a year ago) then trading his starting frontcourt of Capela and Collins for a guy that's a rookie. Good luck with that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Do the great, all NBA players always cost multiple players to obtain?

Example:  Dallas traded Trae Young and Cam Reddish to us for their great one!

Really, If I had my say, trading one starter and end of the bench players would be fine, but two starters for one?  That would require replacing one starter.  I don't like the thought of that.  And adding draft picks?  This means that player you are getting will put your team in the finals.

Hawks have something good going on.  Other teams want what we have.  They would love to think that they have a real chance of winning it all.  After all, isn't this the ultimate goal of every NBA team?

Hawks are good and greatness is already in view.  Good players are here because our GM found good players in the draft.  Then he found good players available and signed them.  Players quit hearing LP and a new voice came on board as head coach and he has molded these players into a team.  

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I can understand these proposals for a vet but a soon to be sophomore?  A rather inexperienced one at that who played less games in college than Kyrie and only 69 total NBA minutes more than OO once you include the playoffs.  A sophomore who's current team is already decidedly in the camp that talent be damned, he can't help them in the immediate future nor could he help them get a playoff berth last season. I mean, I'm not knocking Wiseman's potential but this sounds to me like working your way to a high position and salary at your job, just short of running the whole thing, but then someone offers you a paper bag filled with scratch-offs and you decide to resign on the spot.  Yea those scratch-offs could potentially net you more than your whole career but that's still a rather irresponsible action.

This sounds rather specific and autobiographical.  Like the 2021 version of Jack and the Beanstalk.

ETA: And @thecampster, you basically agreed with me, just so you know.  I know this fact dismays you, and it should.  It means you're part of the kg/spud hive mind.

To elaborate though, I should say I'm not sold Wiseman reaches his ceiling.  I have confidence OO is closer to his 'best outcome' than Wiseman will be to his.  That's where I differ with those pining for him.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, thescout said:

Wiseman's quickness, hops, ability to block shots and get up and down the floor not many bigs can keep up with. I'm not sure the Hawks have enough without giving up Hunter or O to get him. I just saw a deal sending Beal and another for Wiseman etc... thats how some teams value him. I know the Hawks came so close to getting to the finals and injuries were a huge factor but bigs like Wiseman don't come around often. Worth looking into and seeing what the Warriors want. 

The hottest rumor is Siakim for Wiseman and Wiggins. 

Now... I don't know but A SNT of JC for Wiseman and Wiggins would work for me...  but we would have to see what kind of deal is available.