• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No more Cam for Summer League?

RedDawg#8

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Steve Koonin on 92.9 The Game Radio:

After Cam played in the playoffs and played well, he didn't see the benefit of playing in Summer League so he asked out and the team said OK. Since SL is only 5 games they saw no issue since he played 4 playoff games instead.

It made zero sense for him to play after the ECF anyway. SL ball is nothing like NBA ball

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Cwell said:

It made zero sense for him to play after the ECF anyway. SL ball is nothing like NBA ball

As someone watching the SL games, this is a tad higher than the gleague but a lot lower than the NBA and even lower than the NBA playoffs 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Steve Koonin on 92.9 The Game Radio:

After Cam played in the playoffs and played well, he didn't see the benefit of playing in Summer League so he asked out and the team said OK. Since SL is only 5 games they saw no issue since he played 4 playoff games instead.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:23 PM, niremetal said:

That's what I'm hoping for too. Summer league is just 4 games. That happens to be exactly how many he played in the ECFs. Given what he showed during those games, if I'm Cam (or his agent), I'm saying that he already got his summer live ball reps and would rather sit out SL so as not to risk injury. 

Probably wishful thinking, though...

#nirestradamus

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

How do you all feel about that?

My initial thought was that I would have liked him to play, but it's 4 games. Our unexpected plsyoff run gave the team.a chance to see how he looked in real game action post injury. He played really well.  If he had sucked in those playoffs games,  I definitely think he would be playing in SL.

• Like 4

Makes sense for him to feel that way, but a little strange it took so long to draw that conclusion.

Season ended over a month ago, did he not realize then that he was in a good spot to miss summer league?

He basically waited until they had the guys report for practice to pull out. 

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Makes sense for him to feel that way, but a little strange it took so long to draw that conclusion.

Season ended over a month ago, did he not realize then that he was in a good spot to miss summer league?

Well, we don't know when he approached the Hawks regarding the possibility of not attending, only when it was reported that he wasn't on the roster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Just because it was announced this late doesn't made he just made that decision recently. He could have made this decision right after exit interviews

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 8/6/2021 at 7:14 PM, Cwell said:

I wonder where Cam is going to get his summer runs in?  Rico Hines? Drew league? ABYL?  I hope he isn’t somewhere chilling letting his body rest. He has got to start being durable and getting as much experience as possible. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

I wonder where Cam is going to get his summer runs in?

...games 2, 4, 5, and 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, niremetal said:

...games 2, 4, 5, and 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals?

That is not enough. We lost all those games. It is about getting a feel for playing with others. In the last three years Cam has only averaged about 45 games played and no off season because of injuries even going back to his days at Duke. His skill and size is elite but his feel for the game is lacking. That is only because of lack of experience playing with and against NBA guys. If we want to be champions, we will end up playing about 100 games in a season. Cam hasn’t played more than 60 or so yet. I think Cam is more skilled than Bogi but you could tell how crafty Bogi was when getting his open shots and others.  He also had a great feel for controlling the pace of the game.  I really hope Cam is following the Trae model for getting work in in the offseason. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

That is not enough. We lost all those games. It is about getting a feel for playing with others. In the last three years Cam has only averaged about 45 games played and no off season because of injuries even going back to his days at Duke. His skill and size is elite but his feel for the game is lacking. That is only because of lack of experience playing with and against NBA guys. If we want to be champions, we will end up playing about 100 games in a season. Cam hasn’t played more than 60 or so yet. I think Cam is more skilled than Bogi but you could tell how crafty Bogi was when getting his open shots and others.  He also had a great feel for controlling the pace of the game.  I really hope Cam is following the Trae model for getting work in in the offseason. 

I can see but both sides and truly, I agree more with your side. I would prefer him in College Park. One of things is, I don't know what your plans are aside from putting in work at the facilities, I would have rathered you joined the rookies and College Park and put in work.

It screams butt hurt from trade rumors on trades that never happened. As others have stated, you better be massively better in the RS than what we just saw. His playoffs was fine but as stated, we lost each of the games he played in. No fault of his own for the playoffs part, obviously, we were really hurt as a squad outside of game 2 where we didn't have it, still, you just want to see him out there. Just keeping it 100%.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I can see but both sides and truly, I agree more with your side. I would prefer him in College Park. One of things is, I don't know what your plans are aside from putting in work at the facilities, I would have rathered you joined the rookies and College Park and put in work.

It screams butt hurt from trade rumors on trades that never happened. As others have stated, you better be massively better in the RS than what we just saw. His playoffs was fine but as stated, we lost each of the games he played in. No fault of his own for the playoffs part, obviously, we were really hurt as a squad outside of game 2 where we didn't have it, still, you just want to see him out there. Just keeping it 100%.

We lost game 4? News to me.

Y'all just whining to be whining. Summer league has always been trash basketball. Let Cam had played and didn't play like a super human, y'all would still b****. He can't win

Edited by Cwell