• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Preseason 2021 G4: Hawks vs Heat 10/14/2021 7:000PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Great game BUT it would have been better if we could have faced an NBA team instead of a G League team.  Starters played a lot of minutes.  Coach told them, "Go hard" because he wants them in game shape.

Played our second unit together.  Played our third unit together.  Still had 2 good players who did not play.  Some of these are headed to College Park.  Maybe both rookies.

Another week left to sort things out.  Some tough decisions.  Travis will be watching all the other NBA teams to see who they release.  And, there might be a trade or two go down in the NBA before the season begins.  We know that the 76ers want to do a trade but they are still wanting more than other teams are willing to give.

A long week.  A short week as the Hawks get ready for Dallas and the starting bell.  Remember the old adage, "Hurry up and wait!"  That's this week.  As small children, on a 2 hour trip, after 15 minutes, "Are we there yet?"  Next Thursday, so far away, but so near.

Would we have won last night if our opponent had brought their starters?  We will never know.  I still believe that it was not nice to be treated this way.  Remember when we face them again.

:smug:

I got so excited looking at the score but then looking at the box score and noticing we were playing their backups got me less excited lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heat says:  "Hawks are not worthy of our starters - Keep them home to rest."

Heat play Boston at home tonight.  I do not like the Celtics at all.

GO BOSTON !!  BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE HEAT TONIGHT !!

😃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Heat says:  "Hawks are not worthy of our starters - Keep them home to rest."

Heat play Boston at home tonight.  I do not like the Celtics at all.

GO BOSTON !!  BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE HEAT TONIGHT !!

😃

Rooting for the buses to crash on the way to the arena (not really) and planning to enjoy the loss for one of them either way.  😄

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Dexmethylphenidate said:

Not liking what I see from Cam so far. He needs more development. Hopefully doesn't see a chunch of minutes in the playoffs.

I love what I am seeing from Cam. He has the green light on the 2nd unit to out up shots and be aggressive. He is going to average about 12 attempts per game. Some of his shots may look rushed or aggressive, but that exactly what coach is looking for from him. He will get better with his decision making as the season goes along. He will go on hot and cold streaks, but the important thing is consistently get his shot attempts. His defense remains stellar.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This. Do I love the lack of consistency, no but we gotta have a clear setup for Cam. This is something LP didn't do and it put us behind the 8 ball with Cam

Dieng and Delon aren't high volume shot takers. Only three are Gallo, Kevin, and Cam.

and Lou, but he's third string this year.  Great to have him on third string.  He nor Gallo need to play a ton this season.  I want Gallo in about 60 games to keep him fresh for the playoff run.  For his rest, I'd like to see Jalen get some burn just to get his feet wet. 

If Cam cam can have 2 to 3 good games to every bad game, I'll be very encouraged.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This. Do I love the lack of consistency, no but we gotta have a clear setup for Cam. This is something LP didn't do and it put us behind the 8 ball with Cam

Dieng and Delon aren't high volume shot takers. Only three are Gallo, Kevin, and Cam.

Dont forget about

Where To Find Mouthwatering Wings in Atlanta - Best places to eat in  Atlanta, GA | Atlanta Eats

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

If he stays healthy this year all I want to see from Cam is improvement in his overall splits and efficiency. That's all. 

This!  Not only to Cam but to everyone on our roster!

:smug:

• Like 3