Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think Miami has ever moved away from this philosophy other than when they had LeBron on the roster.  They've always wanted their roster stocked with hard workers and physical players.  

My view on this is the same as Trae's.  There was garbage foul baiting happening in a big way and getting worse over time so the idea behind the change this season is sound.  The execution where they are not calling clear fouls that are fouls under the current rules (and have always been fouls) is garbage.  Trae should be drawing more fouls than he is getting just from people grabbing, bumping and hacking him when he beats them off the dribble.  The rule changes for this season shouldn't be changing that.  And it is that kind of bad application of the rules (or actually ignoring of the rules) that leads to lesser player's competing through physical play and that is a very bad thing.

My hope is that there is nothing the league can do to stop Trae from blossoming even if they don't fairly enforce the rules with him.  He is super talented and the league should be promoting him just like it does Luka.  (And we've definitely seen more of that.)  Quality control is badly needed for NBA officiating.  

School 'em, spud.

53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait, you me now? :indifferent: I think I just said..

AHF is a spud burner account, folks.  Here's the proof.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

There's gotta be some balance when it comes to this new foul rule. I agree that you shouldn't foul hunt, but at the same time, you have to call fouls when guys are repeatedly getting hit when they drive to the rim. 

Meanwhile, on realgm ...

"Aw, you jussa Trey young fanboiy!!!! Admit it, Trey suuuuuuxxxx.  Thas 'why you cryin'!  Stop flopppin.'" - Typical Rgmer today

🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2