• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'll be optimistic until they are officially eliminated.  Just the way I'm wired.  I don't have the answers as to HOW they turn it around, but I've seen enough good play out of several of these players over the last 2 years to believe wholeheartedly that we have some good NBA players on the roster.  They just need to play better.  IF that means a major shake up or a few tweeks, I don't know.  But I don't believe for a second that they are incapable of turning it around.  

I'm pretty optimistic and the last 2 games have been better, at least we've had chances to actually win those games unlike the previous games.

Our late game execution needs fixing from coaching X and Os, rotations and player execution.  I would like to see us more aggressive in taking our offense to the defense vs just settling for what the defense gives us. Attack early and if it's not there then run something. Then on the flip side, more communication.on defense.

I like watching these breakdowns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, GameTime said:

I see it a different way. Let us say we bring Tobias in on the Big Ben deal with Collins/Gallo/Bogi off the books. We get a year and a half test drive with him and Simmons (this year and next) until Tobias becomes a valuable expiring via trade. We also could let him walk in 2024 and have a max player to add with Trae and Ben. It actually could give us more options if Schlenk doesn’t believe this core can get it done.

And we get to keep Hunter? Hell yeah do it..

Trae/Hunter/Ben/OO is a nice start to the re"tool".. lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Travis wants to see what getting rid of Cam and tightening up rotation will do before the deadline. He said as much in the media conference after the trade. I don't see this getting better. That Knicks game is the "fire Nate" moment for me because he literally gave a game away by refusing to adjust to the game flow. Leave the bench in and we win the game. Even Vince Carter could see that and was saying it on the telecast.

The debate now is do we chalk this up to a lost season and do nothing until the draft and then try to make some big trades OR do we try and do something now to save this season and get in the play in format. My source says the FO wants to chalk up a  lost season and use the draft to make trades including our pick but ownership wants them to do something to save this season to get in for playoff money. 

We will see which side wins. Travis despite some of the handful of haters on here has done a great job at GM. it was common sense to bring  this team back after their fun last season. Unfortunately that isn't working. I trust Travis to wait until the draft and be able to flip Capela plus everyone on the roster not named Trae. But if ownership tells him to do a save the team now trade he has no choice but to make the best trade he can.

Is Simmons still on the table in the save the season trade? Or is the cost too high?

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Travis wants to see what getting rid of Cam and tightening up rotation will do before the deadline. He said as much in the media conference after the trade. I don't see this getting better. That Knicks game is the "fire Nate" moment for me because he literally gave a game away by refusing to adjust to the game flow. Leave the bench in and we win the game. Even Vince Carter could see that and was saying it on the telecast.

The debate now is do we chalk this up to a lost season and do nothing until the draft and then try to make some big trades OR do we try and do something now to save this season and get in the play in format. My source says the FO wants to chalk up a  lost season and use the draft to make trades including our pick but ownership wants them to do something to save this season to get in for playoff money. 

We will see which side wins. Travis despite some of the handful of haters on here has done a great job at GM. it was common sense to bring  this team back after their fun last season. Unfortunately that isn't working. I trust Travis to wait until the draft and be able to flip Capela plus everyone on the roster not named Trae. But if ownership tells him to do a save the team now trade he has no choice but to make the best trade he can.

Not gonna matter how tight the rotation is if Nate is gonna keep playing Gallo/Collins frontline.. smdh

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Travis wants to see what getting rid of Cam and tightening up rotation will do before the deadline.

Part of that is having everyone available though. We just can't seem to get the entire squad healthy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My source says the FO wants to chalk up a  lost season and use the draft to make trades including our pick but ownership wants them to do something to save this season to get in for playoff money. 

We will see which side wins

This will be interesting since there is no consensus. A battle of wills.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

This will be interesting since there is no consensus. A battle of wills.

That's true but...one is the owner. The GM works for the ownership. If Ressler lays it out for Travis that you WILL make a trade to save the season then Travis will do it. I don't think they have that kind of relationship but this is the first time this franchise has been in this position.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We offered two starters not named Trae plus working other players as needed to make salary work plus picks. I don't know if Philly will take it. Something to keep in mind: if we trade for Ben he will need time to get ready for games. He's missed the entire season so his conditioning will be a problem.

Morey would be a fool not to take Collins, Hunter + picks for Simmons. I think he is posturing. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I agree. Personally, I think we should play out this season and let the chips fall where they may. Ben would need weeks to get into game shape for us. By the time he could play plus the guys we lost on our team we definitely would be a lottery team. If we wait until the draft to trade for him that's a WHOLE different situation because then he can integrate in the offseason.  That gives him a much better chance to mesh with our team without having the pressure of coming in cold THIS season and being the savior or something.

I mentioned the same in a earlier post regarding the timeline in acquiring Simmons to make a realistic playoff bid. We'd have 28 games after the trade deadline. We'd need to go 10-2 to get to .500 before the deadline.

Like you said, how long before Simmons is ready to play and play effectively. This would seem more an offseason trade.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I mentioned the same in a earlier post regarding the timeline in acquiring Simmons to make a realistic playoff bid. We'd have 28 games after the trade deadline. We'd need to go 10-2 to get to .500 before the deadline.

Like you said, how long before Simmons is ready to play and play effectively. This would seem more an offseason trade.

Plus Capela could be moved during the offseason right? If you're gunning for Ben it's a given that he'd be on his way out.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Can't believe there's so much talk of getting Nate out the door 6 months after we extended him for 4 years... not because I don't agree with the criticism, just that this is where we're at... sad.  Hope we turn it around.  

• Like 2