My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Remember when Haliburton allegedly told the Hawks (and other teams) not to draft him because he preferred to slide to the Kings? I do.................................... lol

It was a smart decision at the time. He basically was the star of the Kings. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was a smart decision at the time. He basically was the star of the Kings. 

Hes a nice young player, but not a star imo...Haliburton making any kind of statement about what team he would prefer is stupid, because if you are actually that talented, you end up being a centerpiece. Instead he’s now trade fodder...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hes a nice young player, but not a star imo...Haliburton making any kind of statement about what team he would prefer is stupid, because if you are actually that talented, you end up being a centerpiece. Instead he’s now trade fodder...

He's in his 2nd year and a top 50 player. That's extremely impressive. I've never been over the hill on his upside but Sacramento had to choose between him and Fox

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's in his 2nd year and a top 50 player. That's extremely impressive. I've never been over the hill on his upside but Sacramento had to choose between him and Fox

Yeah I get you.. It's just the word Star and Superstar gets thrown around way too much for my liking these days.. lol

And Why did they have to choose? He has another year on his rookie contract..

So now they have to choose between Fox and Mitchell? lol..

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah I get you.. It's just the word Star and Superstar gets thrown around way too much for my liking these days.. lol

And Why did they have to choose? He has another year on his rookie contract..

So now they have to choose between Fox and Mitchell? lol..

Mitchell is an off guard. The issue is Fox and Haliburton need the rock. Fox less than Hali but his effectiveness is with the rock.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

A point guard that can flat out shoot and has the size to guard 2's. Travis is a believer in multiple ball handlers. They would figure it out. 

Yea, but he isn't maximazed at the two on either end. He's too good at the PG spot to just give him spot minutes at his best position.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Hali is getting paid. Cam's situation is much more tenuous. It's not comparable. 

he didn't want to be drafted by us since we already had a starting superstar PG, why would then be happy being traded here?

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'd trade JC for Halli. Did you see Halli's 17 assist game recently? His shooting efficiency plus smarts on defense. He's only 21 mind you. I'd bet on a Trae/Halli back court all day every day.

Really stinks we chose Cam over him in the draft.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

he didn't want to be drafted by us since we already had a starting superstar PG, why would then be happy being traded here?

Jay, these things mostly have to do with money, based on advice from their agents. They want a situation where they can shine so they get the big second contract. It's all about getting the big second contract. Halli is an analytics darling, he will get paid. We clearly would be trading away Bogi to clear minutes for Halli in the event of a trade. There's no reason he wouldn't flourish here