• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bushel-o'-Bulls "at" Handful-o'-Hawks

lethalweapon3

12 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

He's realized what a lot of modern players haven't (aside from Kahwi)

You can easily dominate from the mid-range

You REALLY are bonkers.  DeRozan BEEN a midrange player his whole career.  I wanted him when he was with Toronto.  DeRozan, Lavine, Leonard, Kyrie and a healthy Klay Thompson have the best midrange game in the league.  Just off the top of my head.

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Cam has to start the rest of the season. When Hunter is healthy start him at SF and Cam at Sg.

I have been pushing for this lineup for two years now:

Young

Cam

Hunter

Collins

Capela

Bogi and Huerter can hang in the second unit with Gallo and OO.

With OO get ALOT of Capelas min..Especially late game min.. lol. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

McMillan gotta make decision on playing capela late in games. It’s either you going to go into a full zone and keep Trae near the baselines or you gon just pull capela out completely.

the switching on purpose with capela isn’t working. Capela can play in space but he cannot stay on the perimeter for long term. He’s very ineffective once he’s brought out there and AGAIN I been saying this all season….Teams have figured out how to pull away even when we are in games by going small or having a big that can stretch the floor.

we have other problems guarding the perimeter no doubt but it starts with the adjustment they make against capela and trickles down.

OKungwu is likely our closing center this season. There’s nothing McMillan can do other than going full zone if he wants to keep capela on the floor late. A full zone may expose Trae however just as much as switching but it may be better that way to dictate the opponents offense.

If you go full zone, go BIG with Cam.

That way, if Capela gets drawn away, you still have a guy with size that should be around the rim to get the rebound.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Cam has to start the rest of the season. When Hunter is healthy start him at SF and Cam at Sg.

I have been pushing for this lineup for two years now:

Young

Cam

Hunter

Collins

Capela

Bogi and Huerter can hang in the second unit with Gallo and OO.

I mean. That was the lineup last season until Dre got hurt, and then Cam got hurt

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Welp. I liked the effort in the 4th. 

The Bulls hit some tough shots. 

If we get 75% of this Cam offensively when everyone is healthy we will be fine. 

Bogi had a good game too, but his defense is bad.

Trae is rusty, missed a ton of floaters he normally makes.

Not too upset with this loss.

The Bulls have two regular season closers.

Lol like how you specified “regular season.”

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You REALLY are bonkers.  DeRozan BEEN a midrange player his whole career.  I wanted him when he was with Toronto.  DeRozan, Lavine, Leonard, Kyrie and a healthy Klay Thompson have the best midrange game in the league.  Just off the top of my head.

He never said he wasn't one his whole career

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

CapelA was eating Vuceics lunch all game long. He hit most of his shots when Capela wasn't in the game. This is a great where nate should have played Dieng with Capela a little. 

Vuc finished  9 - 19 FG for the game.

In the 4th, he was 4 - 6 FG ( 3 - 4 from 3 pt range ).

So you're probably right.

But Vucevic's stat line is Hall of Fame worthy

24 pts - 17 rebs - 6 asst - 4 blks

Not bashing Trae, so many moving parts, but it’s just funny in the two bookend games he played in these last 5 we’ve given up 130+ points.  The three in the middle he didn’t the average given up is 100.

And Cam’s scoring isn’t nearly enough to make up for his below average rebounding, assist to turn, and off ball play.  Averaging 24 points these last 4 games, and also a -7.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Lol like how you specified “regular season.”

I only say that because Derozan has been bad in the playoffs. I believe Lavine will be good.

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Not bashing Trae, so many moving parts, but it’s just funny in the two bookend games he played in these last 5 we’ve given up 130+ points.  The three in the middle he didn’t the average given up is 100.

And Cam’s scoring isn’t nearly enough to make up for his below average rebounding, assist to turn, and off ball play.  Averaging 24 points these last 4 games, and also a -7.

This ain't it chief. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Lavine and DeRozan barbecued Trae.  It is what it is on defense with Trae in the game.  I also agree that Cam has a lot of work to do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Wtf are u talking about?

Who the hell said he hasn't been a midrange player. Man shut the f*ck up and get all the way off my d*ck

Edited by Bonkers

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If you go full zone, go BIG with Cam.

That way, if Capela gets drawn away, you still have a guy with size that should be around the rim to get the rebound.

I don’t know what the answer is. While I can admit bulls hit some tough shots the perimeter defense has been our biggest defensive issue as a team.

I just want to know what the plan is first off….there was a lot of on purpose switching  going on more so in the 4th than any other quarter from the looks of it …is that McMillans late game defensive strategy or is it just him working with what he has due to COVID???

If the plan is to switch alot on defense in close games or vs tough opponents …I’m ok with it when we are healthy and OO and hunter can be out on the court with Reddish. Ultimately McMillan need to find a way to hide Trae defensively as much as possible and keep capela near the goal as much as possible….not sure where to start but he’s been a defensive minded coach his whole damn career so I expect him to figure something out soon.