• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk: "Maybe I should lower my expectations for this team"

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

• Premium Member

I feel for the players.  If you are a core guy and you here the mastermind say something like that... it should make you feel a way. 

That's like Professor Xavier saying that he f---ed up when he put together the X-Men. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Well as disappointed as i am there are a LOT of extenuating circumstances.     Last night was very disappointing but we're missing our 3 best wings and 4 guys coming back after being out 2 weeks. 

The season's a mess but there's no reason we cant get it going.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Three trades that would make us better

1. https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7506705

2. https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7506718

3. https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7506720

PGs: Trae, Augustin, Coop

Wings: Cam, Hunter, Baze, Mays, Prince, Bogi, and Red Velvet. 

Bigs: RoCo, JC, Dieng, Capela, Okongwu, and JJ

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Me after 1 and 2 ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47eklr4wvnkc725x14lj

Me after 3 ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47kd02hipp07fqvskf67

Bazemore's fake D and hustle were terrible when he was in his prime.  Now?  H nawl.

Just now, shakes said:

Maybe we should lower our expectations for our GM being able to sign a friggen competent back up point guard?

I detect no lies.  It's been how many years?  Geez.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

#1 - where to i sign?   this would be huge.   Would portland do it?

#2 - I like it.  Getting DJ would be great.  But we'd be left with no bigs who can shoot outside of JC

#3 - I get the desire to unload Lou but I don't need Baze back.   I don't know what he does for us.   Plus Lou has to approve any trade anyway right?

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Me after 1 and 2 ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47eklr4wvnkc725x14lj

Me after 3 ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47kd02hipp07fqvskf67

Bazemore's fake D and hustle were terrible when he was in his prime.  Now?  H nawl.

I detect no lies.  It's been how many years?  Geez.

We need more locker room guys who play hard off the bench. That was my thinking with Bazemore for Lou and Lou has a NTC. We can only trade him to LA

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

#1 - where to i sign?   this would be huge.   Would portland do it?

#2 - I like it.  Getting DJ would be great.  But we'd be left with no bigs who can shoot outside of JC

#3 - I get the desire to unload Lou but I don't need Baze back.   I don't know what he does for us.   Plus Lou has to approve any trade anyway right?

1. Why not, RoCo is rotting on their bench

2. That's what RoCo and Dieng are for. 

3. Yep which is why we are limited. The Clippers aren't doing no deal and LAL would but Baze is the only one they are willing to trade plus it would save us a few bucks.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We need more locker room guys who play hard off the bench. That was my thinking with Bazemore for Lou and Lou has a NTC. We can only trade him to LA

Just sign one of the 10-dayers.  Keep Lou here as our Haslem.  Never to be played again.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. Why not, RoCo is rotting on their bench

2. That's what RoCo and Dieng are for. 

3. Yep which is why we are limited. The Clippers aren't doing no deal and LAL would but Baze is the only one they are willing to trade plus it would save us a few bucks.

Covington trade is a win win in my book.  Meaning we get rid of some underperformers and get a gritty player.

RoCo isn't what i'd call a shot maker like Gallo though.  I realize he brings a lot of stuff Gallo doesn't but he and Dieng aren't going to be supplying much offense come playoff time.  Having no floor strechers in the frontcourt is a problem for me. 

Yeah i'm not really interested in Baze.  I don't think he really brings much at this point even in the locker room.   I think Lou still has spots where he'll be really useful.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Here's the deal...

After the summer, I was actually looking forward to seeing what we could do with Wright/Hunter/Cam in rotation (especially with OO coming back).   I mean, Hunter is a great perimeter defender.  Wright is a pretty good perimeter defender... and Cam can defend the perimeter. 

Unfortunately injuries came.

And I know a lot of Guys have forgotten that we still have the possibility.   Now.. I'm reading of us trading for Covington, trading for Baze,  trading for Augustin... It's like I have been transported back to 2016 with these trades. 

I say.. Hold tight.  We've yet to see what we can do and we've let the visions of Kat Stevens and Gallo in with the starters distort our vision of what Travis has built.

In another thread I asked the statheads to tell me how bad has Wright really been (statistically).   I'm suggesting that he still picks up players on the perimeter.   We just only had him yesterday.. but the dream is still alive:  OO, Cam, Hunter, and Wright. 

That's a lot better than Baze, Covington, and Augustin. 

• Like 3