CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

For @AHF, Cam's metrics in the playoffs:

OBPM 2.6 DBPM 3.9 BPM 6.5 VORP 0.2
Per100

Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS ORtg DRtg
2020-21 21 ATL NBA SF 4 0 92 10.2 19.4 .528 4.8 7.5 .643 5.4 11.9 .455 2.2 2.7 .800 0.5 7.0 7.5 3.8 3.2 1.1 2.7 5.9 27.5 121 107

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My reply on RealGM to a rubbish moderator

Good to see you coming around on Trae. That's growth and development on your part. The kid is a monster.

Sad to see you completely behind the 8-ball on Cam Reddish who will likely end up being one of the best players if not the best player in this draft class. It's okay to lack foresight. I'll excuse that. Cam Reddish is a beast. 6.5 BPM in the playoffs. Lead the playoffs in 3P%, 6th in steals playing only 23MPGs, 59th at blocks, 48th at FG%, 29th at 3PM, 12th in TS, 27th in PIE, top 10 of STL%, top 50 of BLK%, top 75 of FD, 6th in deflections, 6th in PPT(Massive), 1st in EFG% and FG% for C&S, 48th in C&S PPG, 18th on EFG% and FG% for pull up shooting, 8th in EFG% for shooting efficiency, 2nd avg speed def, 41th avg speed off, and 4th in avg speed with a min of 20MPG played.

See, I don't think you get it at all. The reason why Cam Reddish is a monster is that he's something we have never seen before. He can cover ground like a Hawk. When his shot mechanics are sound, he's a lights-out shooter who can shoot with high-end variance, he can put the ball on the deck and get to the rack even if his handles are a tad loose and he doesn't always drive in control. He has good court vision. He's 6'9-6'10ish but moves like a 6'3 guard. He's not normal. He gets on-ball blocks, that's extremely hard to do but it's critical for perimeter defenders who are elite. His point per touch when he's shooting well is normally in the top 5 of the NBA with guys like T. Ross, Norm Powell, Zion, and Jordan Clarkson. That means with limited touches, he's a freaking bucket. You see, Cam Reddish is a monster. When he hits his peak, he will be one of the most impactful players in this league and it's not close.

Once again, you are out of the loop but luckily, I am here to help you get on track. Before you say something like, what about the regular season, Cam had an Achilles injury in one of our preseason games with Memphis which lingered and hurt his production which is why he missed so much time. He was our most productive player when the preseason ended with the highest PIE.

What prime Cam Reddish will be is a scoring bucket like Norm Powell, with the okay passing metrics but he will be able to create for others, a lights-out shooter who can score on all three levels. Defensively, he's something like a cross between Ben Simmons and Danny Green. He can cover a lot of ground and defend multiple positions like Green but he's athletic enough to really impact your offensive value like Simmons. He's not quite Simmons but he in some ways can be better considering his movement is relentless and consistent. He's a special talent, it's all about consistency moving forward which I believe will come soon.

100% this is why Reddish was my first non-Trae jersey of this group of dudes, even though he was a rookie struggling in the first half of the season.  I wish I could give you 3 reactions bc parts of this made me "haha", parts deserve a "thanks" and i "like" the whole post

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Good to see you coming around on Trae. That's growth and development on your part. The kid is a monster.

Sad to see you completely behind the 8-ball on Cam Reddish who will likely end up being one of the best players if not the best player in this draft class. It's okay to lack foresight. I'll excuse that. Cam Reddish is a beast. 6.5 BPM in the playoffs. Lead the playoffs in 3P%, 6th in steals playing only 23MPGs, 59th at blocks, 48th at FG%, 29th at 3PM, 12th in TS, 27th in PIE, top 10 of STL%, top 50 of BLK%, top 75 of FD, 6th in deflections, 6th in PPT(Massive), 1st in EFG% and FG% for C&S, 48th in C&S PPG, 18th on EFG% and FG% for pull up shooting, 8th in EFG% for shooting efficiency, 2nd avg speed def, 41th avg speed off, and 4th in avg speed with a min of 20MPG played.

See, I don't think you get it at all. The reason why Cam Reddish is a monster is that he's something we have never seen before. He can cover ground like a Hawk. When his shot mechanics are sound, he's a lights-out shooter who can shoot with high-end variance, he can put the ball on the deck and get to the rack even if his handles are a tad loose and he doesn't always drive in control. He has good court vision. He's 6'9-6'10ish but moves like a 6'3 guard. He's not normal. He gets on-ball blocks, that's extremely hard to do but it's critical for perimeter defenders who are elite. His point per touch when he's shooting well is normally in the top 5 of the NBA with guys like T. Ross, Norm Powell, Zion, and Jordan Clarkson. That means with limited touches, he's a freaking bucket. You see, Cam Reddish is a monster. When he hits his peak, he will be one of the most impactful players in this league and it's not close.

Once again, you are out of the loop but luckily, I am here to help you get on track. Before you say something like, what about the regular season, Cam had an Achilles injury in one of our preseason games with Memphis which lingered and hurt his production which is why he missed so much time. He was our most productive player when the preseason ended with the highest PIE.

What prime Cam Reddish will be is a scoring bucket like Norm Powell, with the okay passing metrics but he will be able to create for others, a lights-out shooter who can score on all three levels. Defensively, he's something like a cross between Ben Simmons and Danny Green. He can cover a lot of ground and defend multiple positions like Green but he's athletic enough to really impact your offensive value like Simmons. He's not quite Simmons but he in some ways can be better considering his movement is relentless and consistent. He's a special talent, it's all about consistency moving forward which I believe will come soon.

You back on realgm?  Let me go on over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's okay that others can't see it though, as Hawks fans we will always be ahead of the curve on our players.  I don't even expect all Hawks fans to have seen every Reddish workout, game time, press conference, etc, but for those that have been paying attention they can see the subtle shift in his attitude, body language, and confidence.  There's a reason why NBA players talk about him like he's the real deal after playing pickup.  It's starting to translate on the court and he's going to be a problem for teams for years to come 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I really wonder if the Hawks let Cam run some PG in summer league to get him more work helping him tighten his handle.

While they should do that at times, he shouldn't be the primary ball handler. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I've been Camfam from day one. During the drafting process I saw him and hoped and prayed the Hawks would draft him.  I saw him as a perfect fit with his skillset next to Trae.  The selection of Hunter through me for a loop, but I'm so thankful he's here.  

I'm just so happy about this team and its future.  Next year, when the Hawks are the number one seed, the doubters will still have a lot of negative things to say, but we Hawks fans won't care.  As the saying goes when you get haters, you are doing something right.  Trae's also tired of this.

This is Beautiful!

tumblr_p6o4c7pjlY1ura1cxo3_400.gif

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1