• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Happy Birthday!   I feel a breakout year coming for him. We are going to see the ECF Cam more consistently throughout the year. I don't expect the shooting percentages to be that elite, but way more  consistent shot making and elite defense.  I'm still a Cam Stan!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, marco102 said:

Happy Birthday!   I feel a breakout year coming for him. We are going to see the ECF Cam more consistently throughout the year. I don't expect the shooting percentages to be that elite, but way more  consistent shot making and elite defense.  I'm still a Cam Stan!

New nickname alert 🚨 

"Clamp God"

Hawks TV with the goods

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It seems a lot of fans on here are starting to give up on Cam. I won't be one of them. 

https://theathletic.com/2865070/2021/10/06/cam-reddish-and-his-pursuit-to-find-his-old-self-and-help-the-hawks/

I'm sorry, but that piece from the article does NOT do Cam any favors.  One, if that's the advice that his trainers are giving him, he needs new trainers. Cam doesn't need cheerleaders in his ear to keep shooting, when he's missing shots during training sessions ( another red flag ).  Cam needs trainers that will fix his mechanics on his shot, so that it'll have a better chance of going in.

If those guys think that Can can go 0 - 6 in a game, and still have the green light to keep shooting, they are sadly mistaken,  We have way too much talent on the team to let anyone not named Trae Young start out a game 0 - 6, before he gets sent to the bench for another guy who can immediately come in and knock down shots.  And that's only because Trae can create 10 points while scoring 0.  Cam can't do that.

The problem I see with Cam, is that he's a tremendous raw talent that would probably kill people in a park setting,  For you 2K players, he'd be the guy that tries to do everything on his own at the park, and might be successful at it.

But put him in an organized team setting, his talent doesn't come through consistently enough.

I just want consistency from Cam.  Come in and make a few shots, play good defense, and don't kill the team by trying to do too much.

What we don't need is for him acting like he's the best shooter on the team, and has the unlimited green light.

Cam's shooting light should always flash yellow.

What Does Blinking Yellow Traffic Light Mean | hno.at

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For you 2K players, he'd be the guy that tries to do everything on his own at the park, and might be successful at it.

I let him run the 2nd unit as the point guard. I use his natural skills to score and distribute so not all one on one. 

Cam just plays too cool for school, he’s gotta ugly it up a bit and be ok with that. 

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I just want consistency from Cam.  Come in and make a few shots, play good defense, and don't kill the team by trying to do too much.

This. Just let the game come to you without forcing anything but not being too passive either. It’s a fine line for sure but he needs to find it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I let him run the 2nd unit as the point guard. I use his natural skills to score and distribute so not all one on one. 

Cam just plays too cool for school, he’s gotta ugly it up a bit and be ok with that. 

Or as LP said....stop trying to look good playing and just play, keep it simple.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Felt like he did a good job of that in the playoffs.  Most of his shots were in the flow and by taking those good shots it gave him success that fed his confidence.

No doubt. I’ll roll with what we saw in the playoffs vs 1 preseason game where he looked like he slipped into a couple bad habits with complicating a few moves on the court. If we get that playoff game 6 vs Bucks Cam, the league should be very afraid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm sorry, but that piece from the article does NOT do Cam any favors.  One, if that's the advice that his trainers are giving him, he needs new trainers. Cam doesn't need cheerleaders in his ear to keep shooting, when he's missing shots during training sessions ( another red flag ).  Cam needs trainers that will fix his mechanics on his shot, so that it'll have a better chance of going in.

If those guys think that Can can go 0 - 6 in a game, and still have the green light to keep shooting, they are sadly mistaken,  We have way too much talent on the team to let anyone not named Trae Young start out a game 0 - 6, before he gets sent to the bench for another guy who can immediately come in and knock down shots.  And that's only because Trae can create 10 points while scoring 0.  Cam can't do that.

The problem I see with Cam, is that he's a tremendous raw talent that would probably kill people in a park setting,  For you 2K players, he'd be the guy that tries to do everything on his own at the park, and might be successful at it.

But put him in an organized team setting, his talent doesn't come through consistently enough.

What we don't need is for him acting like he's the best shooter on the team, and has the unlimited green light.

He can do more than that but he needs to master that component is something I agree with. 

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

Felt like he did a good job of that in the playoffs.  Most of his shots were in the flow and by taking those good shots it gave him success that fed his confidence.

The perfect player who gets the most simple part is Tony Snell. He can do the simple and do it very well. Now when you need to do more is when Snell gets in trouble because he can't. Cam can but he needs to do the simple so he can eventually be trusted to do more.

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The perfect player who gets the most simple part is Tony Snell. He can do the simple and do it very well. Now when you need to do more is when Snell gets in trouble because he can't. Cam can but he needs to do the simple so he can eventually be trusted to do more.

Snell does it to an extreme.  Not saying it is the wrong thing given his limitations but I definitely have hopes to see Cam in a more assertive role on offense.  But moving towards Snell would be a good step.

• Like 1

Is really difficult for me to understand why people are giving up on Cam. We are deep, we can afford to have some young guys developing. The talent is there, the hightlights are there, you can see he can be special, consistency is not there but it takes more time for some players. We have 2 seasons to discover what we have on Cam, relax and enjoy the growth. 

We already have Huerter, Bogi and Hunter Claiming big  minutes, we can wait on Cam, prize is too big to change him for a role player.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let's not jump to far fetched conclusions here. The trainers working on his confidence doesn't mean he isn't training on his shooting and form. In fact judging by the way his outside shot has looked since coming back from his most recent injury I would wager that him and the trainers put a metric ton of work on it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

You are describing the very healthy notion of athletes having short memories to forget their mistakes and stay in a good frame of mind.  Totally agree that Trae is a great example of this.  

Cam needs that type of mentality but that is different than a "green light, shoot whenever" mentality.  

You can be a chucker who takes shots without a conscience but still gets in his head when he is missing them and can be someone who puts that last play behind them but very carefully chooses good shots and passes up on bad ones.

Ideally, we want Cam to have both the good shot selection and the confidence/short memory to keep his head in the game the right way.

Sounds like my love life (pre-marriage).

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2021 at 1:16 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They are trying to instill confidence in him, get him to play assertive. But yes, the truth is this the NBA, and you gotta hit shots or you'll be on the bench. But Cam is a streaky shooter, guys like that have to keep shooting to get hot. 

• Like 1