• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

A media member should ask Trae if he’s enjoying the regular season now.  I’m sure he’d chuckle.

I never worry about Trae’s individual shot selection and scoring, whether it be bad, good, or nuclear.  Over the long haul that doesn’t really decide games considering the very best offensive players only hit shots half the time.  A solid floor game has 100% efficiency.

Not allowing  Bradley to snatch the ball out of his hand during stoppage wins games.  Barking on Tony Brothers (and knowing when to cool it) wins games.  Dribbling along the baseline in order to get off the ball and set Kevin up for the touch pass back to him in the corner for the three wins games.  Deterring dribble drives with your stance to relieve pressure on the back line that helps you so much wins games.  Getting to your rotations a step ahead instead of behind wins games.  Even when committing a foul, running Anthony Davis over wins games.  Hell, playoff games.

I loved his grit and floor game today.  He’s learning how to empower his teammates through sacrifice. It’s so contagious and guys play above themselves.  He was like Ice Trae with a little Kyle Lowry sprinkled in.  

Shout out to Capela and John, 5 assists to no turns as their offensive ratings climb higher.

I agree with you 99%, my only caveat is that there were times this game and several other games this year where he clearly lets the emotions get the better of him. It happened against Sacramento when he got into a verbal match with Hield and today with Tony Brothers. As the leader and PG you gotta keep your cool in those situations. Other than that I don't have an issue with the way Trae is playing. He hasn't been at his absolute best lately, but he took over the game late today and his presence alone even when he struggls pretty much makes our elite offense every single night.

10 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I agree with you 99%, my only caveat is that there were times this game and several other games this year where he clearly lets the emotions get the better of him. It happened against Sacramento when he got into a verbal match with Hield and today with Tony Brothers. As the leader and PG you gotta keep your cool in those situations. Other than that I don't have an issue with the way Trae is playing. He hasn't been at his absolute best lately, but he took over the game late today and his presence alone even when he struggls pretty much makes our elite offense every single night.

It's because people constantly come at him. Players try to punk him and push him around.  Refs let him get beat up.  Even his own coach won't go to bat for him at times, and just tells him to tough it out and be quiet.  Sometimes you can't be quiet.

He's had fans spit on him. He's had fans say F--k Trae Young. He's had media constantly doubt his abilities.

It may be a Napoleon complex, seeing that he's normally the smallest on the court.  But he uses all of that to fuel himself.   What Nate calls "emotionally drunk" is actually "competitive fuel".   It's a trait that only maybe Josh Smith has had on this team in the past 30 years.  Josh just didn't have the talent to go with that ultra competitiveness.   Trae does.

So in his mind . . . it's Trae vs Everybody.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

They want Trae to do every single thing he is doing but also have an elite turnover/assist ratio and play good defense. If he could do that he would be the consensus no doubt about it MVP. If that is the bar, maybe it's not the most realistic one? 

Look, we all know he needs to limit turnovers and maximize defense, but most of us are willing to accept baby steps in those areas when he is doing such an incredible amount of things scoring the ball and setting guys up. 

Just ignore the noise. There's a couple of posters that it literally doesn't matter what Trae does or even whether the team wins. They're still going to gripe about Trae regardless. 

Trae may be the most dynamic offensive player in the NBA. He's ELITE.  You ask for effort defensively and try to limit the live ball TOs that put your D in a bind. But otherwise, very little to whine about. But certsin posters just can't enjoy an elite player and a long winning streak. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's because people constantly come at him. Players try to punk him and push him around.  Refs let him get beat up.  Even his own coach won't go to bat for him at times, and just tells him to tough it out and be quiet.  Sometimes you can't be quiet.

He's had fans spit on him. He's had fans say F--k Trae Young. He's had media constantly doubt his abilities.

It may be a Napoleon complex, seeing that he's normally the smallest on the court.  But he uses all of that to fuel himself.   What Nate calls "emotionally drunk" is actually "competitive fuel".   It's a trait that only maybe Josh Smith has had on this team in the past 30 years.  Josh just didn't have the talent to go with that ultra competitiveness.   Trae does.

Still doesn't make it ok. There's a difference between being driven by those emotions, and losing control. He wasn't playing out of control in New York in the playoffs. The way he was playing in the second quarter this game and against the Lakers the first meeting is bad. You can't lose control like that. You need to harness emotions not let them control you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nate never said Trae was emotionally drunk.  He said the TEAM was emotionally drunk in the first half and really hyped up because they were playing the Lakers and driving recklessly to the basket. 

Trae needs to stop the arguing and letting that get him out of his game.  Yeah, all those things may happen to him, but I'd like him to be more mature about his approach like in the second half.  He played much better when he said forget the refs, I'm going to dominate and that's what he did.

Nate has played point guard in the league.  Trae has to realize he is the on court leader and all that yapping with the refs affects his other teammates too. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Believe it or not, I wasn't nervous the entire game.  When the Chiefs had the ball at the end, I would've been at peace with them scoring the TD.

It was only after the Bengals got the turnover in OT, did I start to believe that . . . "wow . . we're going to win this huh?".

I can't lie.  I teared up after he made that FG to win it.

It's going to be a great day at work tomorrow.

And Trae had a hero ball three to help win the Hawks game. Your day bro. lol. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Still doesn't make it ok. There's a difference between being driven by those emotions, and losing control. He wasn't playing out of control in New York in the playoffs. The way he was playing in the second quarter this game and against the Lakers the first meeting is bad. You can't lose control like that. You need to harness emotions not let them control you. 

I noticed when Nate does take in the Refs for his team Trae is quite and the team responds. I think that first tech he got was really the spark that turned this around. 

• Premium Member

After tonight's tech, Trae has 10 technical fouls in 49 games. After his 16th technical he'll be suspended one game. For every two technicals he gets after the 16, he gets a another game suspension.

1 tech per 4.9 games. We have 33 games left. Can Trae avoid another 6 technicals?

Leave the refs Trae!!! (I know it's hard but no good can come from it)

I would like to see Nate step in more often and take one for him.

Screenshot_20220130-220620_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Believe it or not, I wasn't nervous the entire game.  When the Chiefs had the ball at the end, I would've been at peace with them scoring the TD.

It was only after the Bengals got the turnover in OT, did I start to believe that . . . "wow . . we're going to win this huh?".

I can't lie.  I teared up after he made that FG to win it.

It's going to be a great day at work tomorrow.

Northside...  No 49ers this time.  Yall can win!!!

Bengals Super Bowl history: When was last time Cincinnati Bengals made a Super  Bowl appearance? - DraftKings Nation

10 interesting facts about the 1981 Cincinnati Bengals

I was worried that yall would see them again!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I wanted the Niners!!

We needed to exercise ALL the demons of the franchise.

9ers had too big of an advantage in the trenches. 

It would have been hard to watch yall lose a 3rd SB to SF.

I grew up a Falcons fan.

For some reason, we used to be in the NFC West.   IN that conference, there was Atlanta, New Orleans, LA Rams and SF 49ers.   Therefore, I hate New Orleans, LA Rams, and SF 49ers.   I was with you all in your previous two SBs... Even with Ken Anderson's Stache.  Even though I hated yall for beating my AFC team (San Diego).   But.... I was with you none the less because somebody had to beat Joe Montana.  Yall Failed. 

I should be with the Rams because they did beat Tom Brady (Who I hate)...  But I'm going with yall because it's the Rams and this time yall got the Joe. 

• Like 1