• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dre’s Offensive Impact

benhillboy

2 hours ago, terrell said:

Yeah I remember us discussing it.... Why are we taking players that dont fit with Trae?   He even gave up picks to move up for him.....Good lord.. I hate bringing up old stuff.. But damn..

There was no way at the time of knowing this. This is why wasting high picks on wings is a mistake for Trae. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

LMAO and you laughed at my Kittles comp which is a million times better than this. Kersey literally never shot threes. 

We’re you around during the Kersey era Supes or a baby? Honest question 🙋🏻‍♀️ just wondering if you saw him live or you YouTubing him? I think it’s a pretty close comparison to Hunter from the guys back then. I mean, not many players took 3’s, the only SF’s popping them consistently were Bird and Mullin and maybe a handful of others, not many players launched 3’s back then. Teams took like 5-10 a night.

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nobody did back then. 

Yes they did and this is a horrible comp. 

A lesser playmaking, bigger, stronger Kittles is spot on. Kittles was an excellent man defender who was conservative off the ball even though he had the length. He was smart and skilled like Hunter. He always surveyed the floor. He can score from all three levels. Both had tremendous college success. I see so many similarities between the two personality wise. The thing is, Hunter is more valuable as he's a big wing. I don't know what happened to Dre's shooting touch this year but generally, he's been money from range and the FT line. They are very similar. 

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We’re you around during the Kersey era Supes or a baby? Honest question 🙋🏻‍♀️ just wondering if you saw him live or you YouTubing him? I think it’s a pretty close comparison to Hunter from the guys back then. I mean, not many players took 3’s, the only SF’s popping them consistently were Bird and Mullin and maybe a handful of others, not many players launched 3’s back then. Teams took like 5-10 a night.

Garbage comp. Kersey couldn't shoot. This is a terrible comp. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

Came across this on the old Hawksquawk twitter feed that dolfan set up ages ago, and I occasionally still use...

This is something like we need to see written in the near-to-very-near future about Dre.

2022-02-22_12-47-37.png

People continue to talk as-if these guys are 7 and 8 years into their careers and mostly at the ceiling of their development. I don't know why. It's short-brained, in my opinion, to be so dead-set convinced as so many seem to be that we should expect that Dre... or for that matter any of the others that just yesterday we were celebrating as the "young core"... um, no, make that "sacred young core"... should be considered to be disposable depending on their performance this season.

No.

A big part of the reason for so much Hawksquawkers' bull-ishness on the stock of our sacred young core... that is, up until the 21-game health/rotation swoon of this season... was that so many ascended to the conventional wisdom that until you're 25 in this league, there's a pretty decent chance you still haven't plateaued.

We all saw what we saw this team do post-Pierce era, and we weren't wrong to think, "Damn. If this young core did that and all of them are still at least a year or two or three from reaching their most likely plateau... ??? Damn. This is shaping up to be a master class in how to build an invincible juggernaut in the NBA."

That to say, Dre is capable still of becoming something special. He really seemed on his way to that until fate and Kelly Oubre took him down hard several games ago, and he's really not seemed completely himself since. God willing, Dre's back and all his other parts have been able to take advantage of the break, and we're about to see him re-claim his previous trajectory.

You give me a Special Dre ( ...you like what I did there, right?... 🥣) , with Trae and JC... we have our "big 3" after all... and with KVon... and with Big2O... even more.

• Thanks 1

I say no matter what unless we are getting a star player in return we need to keep Dre at all cost. 
Perhaps he was once expendable when Reddish was around but now he’s a must keep . 

here’s what need to happen in my opinion….the Front Office and coaching staff who’s so high on Dre need to go to him and refocus his role and what he should be doing for the team.

Soth, Supes, & thecamp have all told us the front office raves about Hunter and likes him a lot…and I’m guessing they make hunter believe he’s going to be a star for the team which is ok but he really need to get his focus back to strictly defending, being a better rebounder, and knocking down good looks.

im done with trying to paint him as the teams 2nd best scorer next to Trae. The truth is , is that if he can be that then he will if can’t then at minimum he should be a better solid role player. We don’t need to upgrade the SF position we need to upgrade the center position and look for a great talent there.

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sometimes it takes guys awhile to 'get it' and on the flip side, some don't.   He has got to stay off the injury report though.

100%

Dre showed us his potential before his injuries in 2020. He was getting back to that before his freak fall against the Hornets.

I say, he has had some bad injury luck the past year or so. But the tools are there. The frame is there. The mind is there. Everything is there except staying healthy long enough for it to make a difference for the team.

I think as long as he can finish the season healthy, let him get back in to his bag over the offseason instead of having to re-hab, we should see a major difference going in to next year. 

Dre is hella nice at his best. Maybe not a superstar, but like JC level nice, peak Paul Millsap level.

Stay the course unless we can bring in someone bonafide in his place. Health is the determining factor.

So guys i see that most Hawks fans might be ok with trading would be Capela, Hunter, Collins, and Huerter.

Who would take over as backup for each of these guys being traded.  Onyeka for Capela is a given unless we traded for a guy like Gobert.  But who backups the other players to take over and what position would you target in trade for what position and who would you move to do so.  Would say targeting a superstar here i would imagine if we are moving a number of those guys.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 2/14/2022 at 3:58 PM, Atlantaholic said:

i don't know who I would compare Hunter too. He's physically unique for sure. Offensively he's similar to Marvin in that they were both not very fluid athletes which limited their effectiveness to use their athletic ability to go to the rack. 

DMC d-alltimegreat. 

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where they at :er:

Here and real GM combined and posted in different threads over the last few weeks.  Different people saying different players at different times.  But those are the 4 guys i see linked most often.  Rarely ever see anyone wanting to trade  Trae or Onyeka at all and no one ever brings up Bogi or Gallo outside of salary matches because they usually don't think we can get much from them in a trade much less for a star lol.   The rookies for some reason i don't ever see put in trades either which is sorta rare but cool none the less.  Guessing people want to see something from them before offering em in trades.

Edited by Threezus

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Most Atlanta fans are delusional. They think Zion will instantly come here and just be Duke Zion and they don't realize, everyone defensive metrics in NO got killed with him on the floor.

Once upon a time the Atlanta Hawks had a talented player who ate his way out of the NBA.  He just couldn't, he refused to, control his eating habits.  He wasn't a starter but he was a talented bench player.

Now, along comes NO with a player with the exact same problem.  Zion, expected starter and star, can't or refuses to control his eating habits.  Remember the Hawk?  Where is he now?  

Some people have habits that they can't change.  

🕵️‍♂️

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Threezus said:

Here and real GM combined and posted in different threads over the last few weeks.  Different people saying different players at different times.  But those are the 4 guys i see linked most often.  Rarely ever see anyone wanting to trade  Trae or Onyeka at all and no one ever brings up Bogi or Gallo outside of salary matches because they usually don't think we can get much from them in a trade much less for a star lol.   The rookies for some reason i don't ever see put in trades either which is sorta rare but cool none the less.  Guessing people want to see something from them before offering em in trades.

Hawks fans are not posting those trade proposals though, those are other teams fans looking for a 'defensive anchor'. Examples:

Gobert and M Brogdon for Capela, Collins, Gallo, Huerter, OO and 1sts

Capela for Holmes and Thybulle

....and more of that ilk.

• Thanks 1