• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

There's still time to fight for position in the play in game.  The problem is that we have to solve these little things.   Namely  Bogi's defense.   Bogi did so much to screw this game up.. so many bad little things.  It's the Bogi/Hunter switch that leave shooters wide open on the three point line.  Why are we switching?  If Bogi grabs the rebound instead of trying to tap it out...  Bogi with the foul on Cade. 

Trae was targetted but this is what we should expect.  Everybody got a big that they will put on Trae at the top of the key... Trae should work to foul him out.   Clear out and Trae has to go to the rack with it. 

Said it 100 times...Hawks aren't winning with Trae scoring 14 points even with his 12 assists. 

Hawks with 5 other guys in double figures including Bogi with 22 but still lose to the fiesty but still sorry ass Pistons. 

As bad as Trae was tonight I gotta wonder if he's hurt. He's had bad shooting nights before, but he was bricking FTs tonight.  Never seen that before. 

Started 3-3 and then everything went to hell for him.

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They've won 6 of their last 8.   

Yeah.. I knew that they would scrap..  They are young and well coached.  They had a plan for Trae.  Casey is not a bad coach, he put in some very good schemes and really outcoached and outhustled us.. and Cade will be a star. 

7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

scoring 14 points even with his 12 assists. 

Hawks with 5 other guys in double figures including Bogi with 22 but still lose to the fiesty but still sorry ass Pistons. 

As bad as Trae was tonight I gotta wonder if he's hurt. He's had bad shooting nights, but was bricking FTs.  Never seen that before. 

"Said it 100 times...Hawks aren't winning with Trae"......................

Yeah me too...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I want to review Trae's shots tonight.   Pistons made life difficult for him, but I don't remember too many floaters at all.   A lot more off balance layups off the wrong foot, than floaters.  At least that's what it seemed like.

Trae had an ass performance tonight.   Bad passes is what most concern me.  Long passes into a crowd like he's Aaron Rodgers or something.    

I live with the fact that Trae can have a bad night.   But tonight Trae had a bad night and Bogi had a bad night...  That cannot happen.   I take back the bad things I said about Hunter.   He has played OK as of recently.. and tonight Clint worked his ass off. 

It's just when it came down to little things...

even JC's missed FT...  or Trae's missed FT.

When you lose in OT.. it's always little things. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Said it 100 times...Hawks aren't winning with Trae scoring 14 points even with his 12 assists. 

As bad as Trae was tonight I gotta wonder if he's hurt. He's had bad shooting nights before, but he was bricking FTs tonight.  Never seen that before. 

Started 3-3 and then everything went to hell for him.

That's why I'm waiting for the video box scores to be ready.  I want to see all of his shot attempts.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

And this is why this team can't be taken seriously right now. Sigh.

Back to two games under .500

Oh.. I don't know...

8 Wed, Feb 16, 2022 7:30p   Box Score @ Boston Celtics W   112 111 13 45 W 1  
59 Thu, Feb 24, 2022 7:00p   Box Score   Cleveland Cavaliers W   106 103 14 45 W 2  
60 Sat, Feb 26, 2022 12:00p   Box Score   Boston Celtics L   104 113 14 46 L 1  
G Date Start (ET)       Opponent     Tm Opp W L Streak Notes
61 Sun, Feb 27, 2022 7:00p   Box Score @ Charlotte Hornets W OT 127 126 15 46 W 1  
62 Tue, Mar 1, 2022 7:00p   Box Score @ Washington Wizards L   113 116 15 47 L 1  
63 Thu, Mar 3, 2022 7:30p   Box Score @ Toronto Raptors W   108 106 16 47 W 1  
64 Fri, Mar 4, 2022 7:00p   Box Score   Indiana Pacers W   111 106 17 47 W 2

This team is scrappy.  Since Feb 16, they have won 6 of 8...

Boston, Cleveland. Toronto, Charlotte, and Us...  I guess none of us can be taking to seriously under your logic??

They are 9-2 in close games...

Don't let their record fool you.. those guys are scrappy and they have beaten good teams. 

I have 5 games left to see in my ticket pack. I am committed with friends and family for 2. I am selling the rest. My interest in this team is at the lowest it’s been in 4 years. Well, I can also get $800/ticket to see Ja Morant. 

So stupid Nate left Lou on the bench while Trae continued to play like absolute Trash... 

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Nah....you're just a hater. Nothing to say the majority of nights. Whine and cry on the few occasions he plays poorly. Typical.

Im here every game.. Stop it...I critisize every player but for some reason Trae seems to be off limits around here.. Just sad..

Makes me sad Kobe is gone. I'm sure after that performance, he would have sent Trae a message. Never just airmail a game in man. If your shot ain't falling and the refs are terrible, find a way to effect the game in a positive way. Tonight, he could have done that by tightening up his turnovers and drawing defenders and kicking. Make your team better when the offense isn't there...

• Premium Member

What a roller coaster, uneven, up and down, yo-yo season. 🤢

There is no margin for error. 

Like I said doesn't matter if other teams ahead of us lose if we aren't/won't take care of our own business.

Screenshot_20220307-220833_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

Our 2 best players had a chance to close the game out. Collins choked on the ft and Trae looked like a bum the entire game.

This team can’t win on the road. Any game we play on the road is most likely a loss. Wow.