• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pelicans at Hawks

lethalweapon3

55 minutes ago, terrell said:

Imagine being Cam Reddish, when they tell you that the guy who averages 11 points and 3 assists, and NEVER gets to the FT line, is playing in front of you for the foreseeable future. lol

Cam had his flaws, but come on.

He was better than Cam. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Bruh, for the upteenth time. Offensive rating is a stupid stat, it is a TEAM stat that is turned into a player stat. Mitchell Robinson is the NBA leader in both offensive rating and net rating by an enormous margin. If you want to use something like this you can use RAPTOR which at least attempts to isolate the player impact from the lineups.  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

@NBASupes Check out Trae's defensive rating. That actually is WOAT. 

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Best thing for Cam would have been to go to the Rockets or Pistons or Magic.  I actually can't believe the Magic didn't want him. 

He went to the right spot. Make his ass earn it Thibs. He was good for defense with us but his offense was terrible due to a lack of development of any off ball ability outside of planned actions. Defensively, it was clear we all saw a drop in effort. 

While even though I knew Trae and him would never work, I still think he can be a star in time but he has to work. Tim did it in Atlanta,  Cam needs to do the same.

Just now, bleachkit said:

It's so many metrics where Trae is just alone as the worst. His defense is even worse than people think it is.

• Like 1

I usually love watching the Hawks but when I waste 2.5 hours watching us lose to a team without Thingram and Zion and whoever else, it’s sad.

Having said that, Val always gives us fits he’s just a load. Jose hustled and we didn’t. 

Huerter is lost, confidence is shot right now. 

Bad loss. We just can’t lose to the Pels in Atlanta, not even on their own court. We are the better team on paper…

Knicks on Tuesday, beat goes on.

At this point, are we gonna end up .500 at 41-41 or still have a winning season at 42-40.

Regroup.

GO HAWKS!

ps Delon Wright anticipation of the steal is a beautiful thing. Can’t teach that.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's terrible, yes. But it was actually worse last year, and worth noting offensive minded guards like , Kyrie, Ja Morant, Derozan, Devin Booker have all had seasons with defensive ratings that were just as bad. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He went to the right spot. Make his ass earn it Thibs. He was good for defense with us but his offense was terrible due to a lack of development of any off ball ability outside of planned actions. Defensively, it was clear we all saw a drop in effort. 

While even though I knew Trae and him would never work, I still think he can be a star in time but he has to work. Tim did it in Atlanta,  Cam needs to do the same.

It's so many metrics where Trae is just alone as the worst. His defense is even worse than people think it is.

Better defender Trae or IT?

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's terrible, yes. But it was actually worse last year, and worth noting offensive minded guards like , Kyrie, Ja Morant, Derozan, Devin Booker have all had seasons with defensive ratings that were just as bad. 

There is no way those guys are as bad as Trae Young defensively.. Fk ratings.. lol

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

There is no way those guys are as bad as Trae Young defensively.. Fk ratings.. lol

Kyrie and Ja play no defense whatsoever if you've watched them play, Derozan is also a turnstil. 

I mean we just saw Morant get COOKED by Delon Wright last game lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

IT by a mile. Trae is a better man defender but that's where it ends. IT is way better off the ball and he's tough to screen. IT height will always hurt him in m2m D. IT was a bad defender but it wasn't due to a lack of effort. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

On some defensive possessions Trae will literally just stand there. I think he would almost rather be away from the play and leave it 5 on 4 than get constantly scored on. 

• Premium Member

If we want to start a thread about how shitty Trae's defense is, I'm all for that. That's a legit criticizm. The other stuff (he turns the ball over too much, our guards can't play offense with him on the floor, our offense struggles because of Trae etc.) range from flat out false to overstated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1