• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

The more I see a Hawks team without Gallo it makes me realize how much we miss him. It isn't just his personal offense but his spacing makes the 1/5 PNR possible. Same with JC when he's healthy. No Gallo if we trade him could be tough to adjust to.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Assuming Boston wins tonight, they'll be two games behind Miami with two games for each to play.  If Boston loses to Milwaukee tomorrow, then Miami's game with us will be meaningless and hopefully they'll rest everyone.  

I'll edit myself.
Too many variables for me to figure out.  I don't know who has tie breaker advantages among Miami, Boston, Milwaukee, and Philly.

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Not gonna lie. I'm not a fan of the play-in tournament.  If you can't finish in the top 8 of the conference, you got no business being in the playoffs.  It obviously helps the Hawks this year, but I still don't like it.  It cheapens the playoffs.

If 7-10 have basically the same record, it seems fair. There might come a year where the 7th seed has nearly the same record 3rd seed and in that instance it might be unfair. 

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If 7-10 have basically the same record, it seems fair. There might come a year where the 7th seed has nearly the same record 3rd seed and in that instance it might be unfair. 

If I was Minnesota, I'd be aggravated.  They have a big lead over 8th and huge lead over 10th.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What about 11 thru 15?  What if they have a similar record?  They had played the top 8 teams in each conference since 1984.  Might as well let everybody into the playoffs.  Its always a money play.  More games, more commercials to sell.

17 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Trae had to get some straightenin' there. The only reason he didn't get tossed is probably because the ref knew he was wrong.

Ref must've said something rude tho. And, yes, he was deda** wrong 

• Thanks 2