• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

The gap between Miami and Atlanta isn't even that big. Its minor but our f***ing floor is so much lower than their floor even if our peak is nearly the same. 

I think we close. I just think our floor is too f***ing low.

Its annoying watching so many players unable to do anything other than hang around the 3pt line while other teams attack the Hawks in the paint and make things happen.

• Like 1

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Of course he's a massive swing, question is what is the cost and if he's even available. 

High and he should be available. I don't see any reason to believe he won't be. Either him or Mitchell. 

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

Its annoying watching so many players unable to do anything other than hang around the 3pt line while other teams attack the Hawks in the paint and make things happen.

Atlanta defense allows more penetration than the average but what really kills Atlanta is they don't communicate on defense without JC and with JC, they stubborn and don't always listen. They gotta get in sync. I've never seen this team in sync outside of last year's playoff. Even in the regular season last year, they never communicated like that. They just vastly ran up the points and it was hard for others to keep up.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He had two terrible shots. He had been so magnificent late in games lately I will give him a mulligan. He's damn sure not the reason we lost. Stone hands Capella and why is he even in the NBA Hunter are bigger culprits.

We gave up 8 and 17 for Hunter... I could throw darts at the draft board and come out with 2 players better than Dre... smh. He's been so disappointing this season...

Edited by terrell

29 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

The Hawks aren't legit no matter if they get into this participation trophy tournament or not.

It could have been different if Schlenk wasn't a dumb bald fuckhead.

We have beaten 1 team over 500 on the road in 2022. Any half way decent team just has to keep the game close, and then in the 4th we will take a ton of horrible shots and self destruct. smdh

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team is mid and that's why they are going to be 42-40. They actually out produced late in the season but too little, too late. That said, Travis gotta raise that floor. Gotta get impact players in Atlanta.

Travis better make something happen in the offseason... This is his last dance...Im losing interest in the Hawks.. Im More interested in the Falcons right now.. lol.. I already know all I need to know about this hawks team.... Hopefully the Falcons dont fk up all of their draft capital like Schlenk did..... smh

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

Just now, terrell said:

We have beaten 1 team over 500 on the road in 2022. Any half way decent team just has to keep the game close, and then in the 4th we will take a ton of horrible shots and self destruct. smdh

That's what is going to happen when nobody can create shots, nobody gets to the free throw line and nobody attacks the basket... Nobody besides Trae and teams Will either double him late in games or put their best wing defender on him.

It's predictable, but the team always looks caught off guard by it.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The gap between Miami and Atlanta isn't even that big. Its minor but our f***ing floor is so much lower than their floor even if our peak is nearly the same. 

I think we close. I just think our floor is too f***ing low.

Close to what?

3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

That's what is going to happen when nobody can create shots, nobody gets to the free throw line and nobody attacks the basket... Nobody besides Trae and teams Will either double him late in games or put their best wing defender on him.

It's predictable, but the team always looks caught off guard by it.

Im worried about Houston right now.... Those young guards might go off...Trae might have to go for 50.. smh

4 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Honestly, what is Travis going to be able to do this off-season? None of this team's young players have any notable trade value.

Cap is overpaid... KH is overpaid... Wright is mediocre.

Collins is probably the only one with any value and this was one of his worst seasons.

OO?

Knox?

Mays?

JJ?

You might be right.. smh. We're fkd...

That 2019 draft was a killer...

Edited by terrell

13 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Honestly, what is Travis going to be able to do this off-season? None of this team's young players have any notable trade value.

Cap is overpaid... KH is overpaid... Wright is mediocre.

Collins is probably the only one with any value and this was one of his worst seasons.

Short of a miracle run (highly unlikely, imo), this has been a supremely disappointing season. I believe a significant number of us think we have the wrong starting PF, SF, and SG to surround Trae. Switching out 60% of your starters in a single off-season seems a tall order. Good luck, Travis.