• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lukastans are biting at the bit to take a shot at Trae

NBASupes

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Hey guys...what @High5is saying is pretty straight forward. Let's pretend the stats were reversed and Luka went out in thev1st round with Trae's stats while Trae had Luka's stats while in the conference finals...would the conversation be the same or would their be some homerism involved like  outright declaring Trae is better? I know I hope I never see this year's version of playoff Trae ever again.

Let's look at their careers and not one playoff series. If someone was saying this about any other player like JC you would be defending them.

Trae did what Luka is doing last year.  He had a bad playoffs this year. That doesn't mean look away Luka is clearly better and Trae has all this work to do.

The perception has always been that Luka is better so there is no need for us to look away or feel bad for ourselves. We have a super star with flaws and Luka is a superstar with flaws 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

That's BS...

How many times does Trae have to carry guys before he can get credit?

Luka and Ja's team's win without them.   Trae's team win because of him...

That's the point...he didn't carry the team in any of the playoff games this year! In fact in at least 2 of the 5, he was a detriment. I don't think anybody is saying that he is a worse player because of this year's performance in the playoffs but it hurts the argument for him vs other great players none the less. He just can't have another playoff series like that again.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

That's the point...he didn't carry the team in any of the playoff games this year! In fact in at least 2 of the 5, he was a detriment. I don't think anybody is saying that he is a worse player because of this year's performance in the playoffs but it hurts the argument for him vs other great players none the less. He just can't have another playoff series like that again.

Thats not what high5 said though. He said look away Luka is clearly better because of this playoff run.

Luka has gotten a lot of points and assists when Dallas was down big. They count the same, but he didn't contribute to winning because the teams were attacking him on D. 

Yall can say alot, but Trae has never been attacked like Luka in the playoffs. 

Not saying Trae is better than Luka. They are the same tier player if you ask me. 

It is the exaggeration, that there is this huge gap between them and it is not.

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Thats not what high5 said though. He said look away Luka is clearly better because of this playoff run.

Luka has gotten a lot of points and assists when Dallas was down big. They count the same, but he didn't contribute to winning because the teams were attacking him on D. 

Yall can say alot, but Trae has never been attacked like Luka in the playoffs. 

Not saying Trae is better than Luka. They are the same tier player if you ask me. 

It is the exaggeration, that there is this huge gap between them and it is not.

I'm not going to get into the comparison zone. Trae just has to be the best Trae he can be and I think there is more growth to come.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Please explain.

This is such a simplistic view of things. Their regular season box score stats are similar so they are the same. They’ve both won a single game in the conference finals so far so they’re the same. (Yeah you guys conveniently ignore Trae wasn’t playing in one of those wins) Luka is from Europe so that’s the only reason people think he’s better. Sorry Diesel, you have to do better.

Compare their advanced stats. Compare their team records. Compare their playoff stats. Compare their playoff competition. Compare their accolades. Luka is clearly ahead at this point whether you like it or not.

Playoffs are everything on here when it’s our guy still playing and we laugh at Luka losing while putting up triple doubles against the Clippers, but when our guy goes home early and in embarrassing fashion we want to say that it’s no big deal. Can’t have it both ways.

10 minutes ago, High5 said:

This is such a simplistic view of things. Their regular season box score stats are similar so they are the same. They’ve both won a single game in the conference finals so far so they’re the same. (Yeah you guys conveniently ignore Trae wasn’t playing in one of those wins) Luka is from Europe so that’s the only reason people think he’s better. Sorry Diesel, you have to do better.

Compare their advanced stats. Compare their team records. Compare their playoff stats. Compare their playoff competition. Compare their accolades. Luka is clearly ahead at this point whether you like it or not.

Playoffs are everything on here when it’s our guy still playing and we laugh at Luka losing while putting up triple doubles against the Clippers, but when our guy goes home early and in embarrassing fashion we want to say that it’s no big deal. Can’t have it both ways.

Thats not it. Trae has always been perceived as less than Luka no matter what he does. Now we have a Hawks fan spouting off on here like a Luka fan. 

Let's erase what Trae has done to uplift Lukas run is what you are doing.

And you can't say that the competition was better when no one here thought we would beat Philly with three all NBA defenders. 

Ben Simmons may be booty on offense but his defense was stifling. 

Edited by marco102

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Thats not it. Trae has always been perceived as less than Luka no matter what he does. Now we have a Hawks fan spouting off on here like a Luka fan. 

Less erase what Trae has done to uplift Lukas run is what you are doing.

No, I’m just being honest. You guys are so trained to be hyper defensive because of rival fans elsewhere (which I get) that you can’t turn it off when you’re just among Hawks fans. 

11 minutes ago, High5 said:

No, I’m just being honest. You guys are so trained to be hyper defensive because of rival fans elsewhere (which I get) that you can’t turn it off when you’re just among Hawks fans. 

Yes, you are being honest in your truth. 

That doesn't mean that's how others see it.  

Again, you don't have to put Trae down to uplift Luka.  We talk crap about Luka because we got crapped on for years even though we have a super star.

I readily admit that Luka may be better, but there's not a HUGE gap between them. 

On 5/23/2022 at 12:09 AM, NBASupes said:

I told ya'll Golden was gonna win this series with ease

Golden still getting beat by Miami or Boston

Not so fast..

I still have Boston and Dallas winning.. lol

GS better close them out tonight.......................

Edited by terrell

10 hours ago, High5 said:

If Trae wants to be in the conversation with Luka he absolutely has to redeem himself. Steph has won more championships than Trae has won playoff series. One loss where he scores 39 isn’t going to put a dent in his reputation. Trae having more turnovers than assists and some of the worst shooting splits you’ll ever see in his 2nd playoff appearance is obviously more damaging.

And again, please point out where I said Trae wasn’t great. You keep making things up because you can’t argue the actual point.

Trae shot like shit last season in his 1st playoffs too if we're being honest..

25 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae shot like shit last season in his 1st playoffs too if we're being honest..

Rd1 vs Knicks.. 11-23, 11-20, 8-19, 9-21, 10-28(closeout game)

Rd2 vs Philly.. 11-23, 6-16, 9-17, 8-26, 10-23, 13-30, 5-23(close out game)

Rd3 vs Bucks.. 17-34, 6-16, 12-23, 4-17(win or go home game)

So he shot well in 5 out of 16 games..

3 pt shooting was bad too.. 45-138

Game 1 seems to be when he plays his best..

And then they adjust and it goes downhill from there....

And then he follows that up with the clusterfuck vs MIami.. 

Not all his fault, but Trae has to be more efficient in the Postseason... Plain and simple.

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Let's look at their careers and not one playoff series. If someone was saying this about any other player like JC you would be defending them.

Trae did what Luka is doing last year.  He had a bad playoffs this year. That doesn't mean look away Luka is clearly better and Trae has all this work to do.

The perception has always been that Luka is better so there is no need for us to look away or feel bad for ourselves. We have a super star with flaws and Luka is a superstar with flaws 

I hope Trae can keep his ear muffs on because he said it best on JJ's podcast when he said that the comparisons will be, at least to this point, be made with an extreme focus on recency bias.

• Like 2

I don’t hold Trae’s percentages against him from last season. He was going against some tough defenders in his first playoff appearance and was still highly productive overall. Plus he tanked his numbers a bit trying to play through his injury.

The performance against the Heat was a different animal. His efficiency was horrendous and he honestly seemed to check out at some point. 2-12 and 11 points in an elimination game (right after 3-11 and 9 points) while Butler and Lowry were laughing it up in street clothes was shameful.

That’s something he’s doing to have to work his way back from. If he comes out playing well next season you know the popular sentiment is going to be “yeah, but the Heat showed that he can be shut down in the playoffs.”

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think you have completely misread High5's posts here.

This is how I read them:

• This thread is about Luka fans coming after Trae and generally Hawks fans not appreciating that
  • This was a thing before the playoffs this year because they were already arguing he was way better
  • This year's playoff run for Trae was brutal while Luka has been pretty great and his team has done well (clearly not title contenders so a run to the conference finals is clearly a success)
  • The fact that many media and Dallas fans, etc. already believed Luka was better than Trae combined with the actual playoff performances by each player and their teams has one predictable outcome:  we will see more arguments that Luka is better than Trae this offseason
  • Trae will need to have another playoff run like last year to set the record straight for the people who are inclined to think the worst of him and that can't happen until next seas
  • Therefore, if you don't want to see people taking shots at Trae to promote Luka then look away because that is inevitably going to be part of the offseason narrative for many media members and fans

I just don't see the anti-Trae agenda that you are seeing in High5's comments and post history.

I think that is basically the same point that High5 is making.  He isn't making the case for Luka >> Trae, he is making the case that this is going to be a narrative this offseason.

Great post AHF!!!

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, High5 said:

You are right High5, this is simplistic...

You believe what the media feed you and you have a simpleminded view of how to rate a player.  You said compare advanced stats.. they say the same thing that the regular stats say.. Trae dominates the offensive side of the ball.   Trae  has more WS.. Trae has more WS/48...   You said compare team records??  Really??  So you want to look at what the COVID virus does to a team record???  GTFOH...

But the accolades??  Really?  You mean what the media votes on??  You mean where Jalen Rose will pick 29 games played Jalen Rose to be All NBA?  What is this elementary school??  Oh yeah.. I forgot... SIMPLISTIC!!!