• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lukastans are biting at the bit to take a shot at Trae

NBASupes

59 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I wouldn't say weak, but it's more "even". There is a lot of parity and not a lot of difference between the top 1-10 teams like there usually is. 

To me, that's actually a good thing.  You never know who is going to win it all and it keeps more fans engaged.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, shakes said:

Trae does fine, but he would do MUCH better if he was as tall as Luka.      Being over to immediately see over the double team is a massive advantage over having to try and find an angle to see through a double team.   

See this is the paradigm...

I would be willing to beat that if Trae was Luka's size, he may not be as good as he is now.

I think a great part of Trae's drive is that he has been the little man who has had to prove himself everywhere he went.  He has used that as motivation to make himself great.  If he were 6'7"... he may not have that same drive. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Did you guys watch the Trae interview on the Redick podcast? He pretty much says what we are saying here. Trae is a shorter Luka Doncic. 

Even shorter, Trae is so much better than Luka. 

Trae's outside shooting trump's  Luka..  Luka is only better in rebounds..and that's due to size. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

See this is the paradigm...

I would be willing to beat that if Trae was Luka's size, he may not be as good as he is now.

I think a great part of Trae's drive is that he has been the little man who has had to prove himself everywhere he went.  He has used that as motivation to make himself great.  If he were 6'7"... he may not have that same drive. 

I don't disagree, but for different reasons.   I think the area where he could suffer if he was taller is his quickness and ball handling.  obviously you lose a little bit of both the taller you get.

That said, the improvements he would make by being taller might outweigh that.   

All you can do now is avert your eyes if you're squeamish. Luka is just better, period, but now it's going to be seen as especially lopsided with Trae coming off of one of the worst playoff series ever by a star player. No sense in trying to fight it. Trae and the Hawks have to bounce back in a big way next season to get that respect again.

31 minutes ago, High5 said:

All you can do now is avert your eyes if you're squeamish. Luka is just better, period, but now it's going to be seen as especially lopsided with Trae coming off of one of the worst playoff series ever by a star player. No sense in trying to fight it. Trae and the Hawks have to bounce back in a big way next season to get that respect again.

Dallas is on the verge of getting swept in this series but we need to avert our eyes?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, High5 said:

If you're concerned with Luka vs Trae. 

Why would you be concerned?  

Trae did not have one of the worst series ever for a star player.  Jimmy Butler averaged like 12 points a game in his first round sweep of the Bucks. Many more examples of star players struggling in a series ESPECIALLY young ones.

Y'all be coming with too much hyperbole when it comes to these two. 

So damn reactionary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Both Luka and Trae are great.  Luka's size makes it much easier to build a team around versus Trae.  I think that coupled with his overall game is why every NBA GM and assistant GM would take Luka over Trae in a trade or to build a team around.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae did not have one of the worst series ever for a star player.  Jimmy Butler averaged like 12 points a game in his first round sweep of the Bucks. Many more examples of star players struggling in a series ESPECIALLY young ones.

So damn reactionary.

CP just had a truly awful series playing on the supposed best team in basketball

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Luka's size makes it much easier to build a team around versus Trae.

Reasonable.

Easy for me to imagine, though, that Luka's size is going to work against him over time... and I'm talking, of course, about his girth, not his height. He's already self-evidently fighting the BMI thing off-season. He's going to lose some of what quickness he has for now in his early 20s... or if he starts giving-in, he's going to lose a lot of it, and sooner.

Trae, otoh, may actually benefit as his body ages and he gains a more mature abdomen/shoulders.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So damn reactionary.

Trae put up 15.4/5/6 with 6.2 TO on .290/.167/.644 splits. There’s no way around calling that one of the worst series ever by a star player. Especially considering his defensive limitations.

6 minutes ago, High5 said:

Trae put up 15.4/5/6 with 6.2 TO on .290/.167/.644 splits. There’s no way around calling that one of the worst series ever by a star player. Especially considering his defensive limitations.

You do you and if you dig around, you can find a lot more performances like that from star players.

If y'all want Luka so bad, go be a Mav's fan.

Also, where were you with this take from last year's play off run? 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

You do you and if you dig around, you can find a lot more performances like that from star players.

If y'all want Luka so bad, go be a Mav's fan.

Also, where were you with this take from last year's play off run? 

Saying Trae was coming off of one of the worst playoff series ever wouldn’t have made sense last year. But I’m not going to be content with Trae and the Hawks performing so poorly moving forward just because they had a good run once before.

Just now, High5 said:

Saying Trae was coming off of one of the worst playoff series ever wouldn’t have made sense last year. But I’m not going to be content with Trae and the Hawks performing so poorly moving forward just because they had a good run once before.

That's not the problem.  The problem is saying " Oh look Trae had a bad playoff performance, Luka's the greatest. "  I'm summarizing but you get the gist. 

If you didn't have that energy when he was tearing up the Eastern Conference. You shouldn't be saying that today.  You weren't worrying about Luka when he was sitting at home, so why bring that up now. 

One can acknowledge Trae's bad performance without being reactionary to the current situation.  

Maybe if Luka gets to the finals and wins it will make sense for you to make the statements you made. 

Luka is doing what Trae did a full year after him.  Not sure why we should be looking away.

46 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That's not the problem.  The problem is saying " Oh look Trae had a bad playoff performance, Luka's the greatest. "  I'm summarizing but you get the gist. 

If you didn't have that energy when he was tearing up the Eastern Conference. You shouldn't be saying that today.  You weren't worrying about Luka when he was sitting at home, so why bring that up now. 

One can acknowledge Trae's bad performance without being reactionary to the current situation.  

Maybe if Luka gets to the finals and wins it will make sense for you to make the statements you made. 

Luka is doing what Trae did a full year after him.  Not sure why we should be looking away.

This is a thread about "Lukastans" gearing up to trash talk Trae. Well, the majority of people already believed Luka to be the superior player and now with Trae coming off of an abysmal first round exit and Luka making the WCF that gap is going to only increase. So if that is something that bothers you then you should just avert your eyes from those discussions. No hot takes, just the reality of the situation. 

1 hour ago, High5 said:

This is a thread about "Lukastans" gearing up to trash talk Trae. Well, the majority of people already believed Luka to be the superior player and now with Trae coming off of an abysmal first round exit and Luka making the WCF that gap is going to only increase. So if that is something that bothers you then you should just avert your eyes from those discussions. No hot takes, just the reality of the situation. 

Sounds like you're the one with hot take.  I'm just explaining your rationale. You haven't answered why YOU didn't have that same energy last year, but come here with it now? Are you a Lukastan? 

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Can't lie, I'm as confused as marco is with your comments.

Seems like you would've said the opposite this time last year, no?

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, High5 said:

If you want to totally ignore last year's playoffs...

Trae had a poor showing in the playoffs where his team was down two starters and they were playing a team whoose total object was to stop Trae Young... using triple teams....and physical (almost illegal) play.  I mean, Lowry did try to sweep the leg...

Now.. in the soft Western Conference, Luka hasn't had any of that kind of action...  But Trae has been where Luka is.. with more wins.

• Like 2