• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lukastans are biting at the bit to take a shot at Trae

NBASupes

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey, @shakes is onto something.  And not "on" something, for a change. (haha)

If GSW wins with an aged Curry/Klay/Green with the only difference being Wiggins instead of Durant ... oowee the heat is on Durant, baybee.  Not only did he have to run there to get rangs.  His replacement was considered an unmitigated bust and they still got to the conference finals?  Solidifies Durant's perception as a ring chasing roleplayer, fair or unfair.

Shirley that warrants wanting to see GS win it all, right squd?  Shirley.  Can I call you Shirley?

I’m sorry I didn’t hear most of that. I’m busy..

image.gif.9fc233704d27bfa61e0b4a69d09765f9.gif

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey, @shakes is onto something.  And not "on" something, for a change. (haha)

If GSW wins with an aged Curry/Klay/Green with the only difference being Wiggins instead of Durant ... oowee the heat is on Durant, baybee.  Not only did he have to run there to get rangs.  His replacement was considered an unmitigated bust and they still got to the conference finals?  Solidifies Durant's perception as a ring chasing roleplayer, fair or unfair.

Shirley that warrants wanting to see GS win it all, right squd?  Shirley.  Can I call you Shirley?

lol This Warriors squad is not getting past those peak Rockets teams, but I'm on board for the slander and hot takes on Durant, even though the 2017 playoff run he had was one of the best ever.  People slated the Warriors as champs as soon as he signed but he still put on an absolute clinic in that run.  Like 30 ppg on 55/45/90 or something crazy.  He was actually playing defense that year too

• Like 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol This Warriors squad is not getting past those peak Rockets teams, but I'm on board for the slander and hot takes on Durant, even though the 2017 playoff run he had was one of the best ever.  People slated the Warriors as champs as soon as he signed but he still put on an absolute clinic in that run.  Like 30 ppg on 55/45/90 or something crazy.  He was actually playing defense that year too

I mean, you say that, but it sure doesn't sound like you mean it cupcake.   😛

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

He's taller, that's the only difference. That's a significant thing though. 

I've ben saying since year 1 that the only difference between Trae and Luka is height.  Unfortunately that is a big difference.    Luka being able to see over double teams and traps is a massive advantage over Trae.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, shakes said:

I've ben saying since year 1 that the only difference between Trae and Luka is height.  Unfortunately that is a big difference.    Luka being able to see over double teams and traps is a massive advantage over Trae.  

Well we were saying strictly defensively, but yea for sure. Offensively it's also an advantage.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trae does fine with traps and double teams.  His teammates weren't making shots or the right play whenever he got the ball to them against Miami.

The real difference is on defense.  That's where Luka's size helps him more although he's terrible there too.

Trae does fine, but he would do MUCH better if he was as tall as Luka.      Being over to immediately see over the double team is a massive advantage over having to try and find an angle to see through a double team.   

10 minutes ago, shakes said:

Trae does fine, but he would do MUCH better if he was as tall as Luka.      Being over to immediately see over the double team is a massive advantage over having to try and find an angle to see through a double team.   

6’7” Trae has GOAT potential. I see his skill level as > Luka. 

6’1” trae is all nba and a superstar. 

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Agree.  That’s my point.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry I didn’t see it. I didn’t even see the highlight of it and won’t. You’re gonna have to lock me up in a room, tie my hands together and beat the snot outta me and even then I’ll look away.

#cursethescrubs #gentrification #traitorstoOAKTOWN 

All the fans they had in Oakland, suddenly they don’t look like the same fans. 🤔 

#lightershadeofwhite 

That's a shame. It was the poster dunk of the Playoffs so far. Wiggins took Luka along to the "Temple Of Boom" for Sunday night service. I totally don't blame him for flopping in a futile attempt to get an offensive foul. It almost worked, but Kerr was having none of that and immediately challenged the call.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, hawkman said:

That's a shame. It was the poster dunk of the Playoffs so far. Wiggins took Luka along to the "Temple Of Boom" for Sunday night service. I totally don't blame him for flopping in a futile attempt to get an offensive foul. It almost worked, but Kerr was having none of that and immediately challenged the call.

I’ll prolly end up seeing it accidentally. ANY TEAM besides the scrubs slammin on Luka I would have watched it a dozen times. NBA gods got me between some rocks 🪨 in a large body of wavy waters.

Which by the way, I’ll tell you guys the story one day it happened to me in Costa Rica on vacation and I almost died because the currents had me stuck and the ocean was very angry and windy. From boulder to boulder it was about 15 years or less but the scariest ever, I hit a wave and it crashes me backwards into a rock then I’m not telling this story.

6 hours ago, shakes said:

Rooting for GSW for sure now that Dallas is out of it.  How can you not love Steph?

And more importantly, GSW winning with Wiggins in place of Durant completely takes away from Durant's accomplishments and puts a big ugly ink smudge on his resume.   And who doesn't want that?

Not really. The NBA is kind of weak right now.

Not that I like Durant.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Trae still has one more growth spurt in him, don’t give up yet.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, marco102 said:

Trae does fine with traps and double teams.  His teammates weren't making shots or the right play whenever he got the ball to them against Miami.

The real difference is on defense.  That's where Luka's size helps him more although he's terrible there too.

It is so true though regarding their size. It’s much easier to dribble and pass around a shrub than a mountain. They both are awful defensively, but one of them takes up half of the court as he moves around.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, shakes said:

Did you guys watch the Trae interview on the Redick podcast? He pretty much says what we are saying here. Trae is a shorter Luka Doncic. 

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Not really. The NBA is kind of weak right now.

Not that I like Durant.

I wouldn't say weak, but it's more "even". There is a lot of parity and not a lot of difference between the top 1-10 teams like there usually is. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

How bout a 6’1” Luka? :sarcastic:It would be like playing against Bob or Texaschick at your local park.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1