• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Ayton will only include Clint which means we're absorbing an extra $10 million in salary so one of the players we mentioned earlier would still most likely be sent out.  In order to get Phoenix to bite, the Ayton deal would likely include 2x 1sts instead of 1.

Don't care about the absorbing of more salary, my point is we then would have less committed in 2 players with Ayton thus we would have more flexibility in the future.  If it doesn't work out, Ayton will still have value in 3-4 years.  Gobert will be 34-35 and making 46 million, we will be stuck with him.

BTW I love that Ayton trade.  It's likely #16 and a future protected 1st.  Ayton still has a lot of potential and can be a part of the core for 10 years.  Even if he doesn't improve at all we are way better offensively, but he likely will.  He has hardly been featured in PHX's offense.  Here he will get 20+ PNR's per game with a PG who loves to get his bigs involved.  

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Its all media posturing. If the asset is Huerter, that needs to happen after the Moratorium to make the salaries work. If its BB, it can happen pre-draft but it would cost Utah more in LT this year (couple million more). So from a financial standpoint, in either deal they wouldn't consummate until Jul 8th or later. They're feeling out their options incase there is a late offer to the party.  The media needs something to write about in the interim so they make stuff up to fill article quotas. That's really it.

Recognizing that I'm probably asking a fool question, is this Gobert talk anything more than just media / internet rumors and /or two teams having mutual interest but no real movement toward a deal yet?  Or as an insider is this actually something you've heard is likely happening and now we are discussing the ramifications of the deal on the Squawk?  

I'm just curious if this is a legit happening or just us discussing media rumors at this point?  And I understand nothing happens until it happens, but hopefully you get what I'm asking.  

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And power forward

Hopefully JJ is ready and OO comes back with a better offensive game...

Its not like JC and Gallo wouldnt miss at least 20 or so games a piece..

Edited by terrell

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta comes away with an offseason of 

Trae/Delon

Daniels/Bogi

Hunter

Okongwu/JJ

Gobert

Lots of unproven talent here outside of Trae and Gobert. 

Do we really think Daniels / OO / Gobert > Kev / JC / Cap? Because I don't think it is...actually, I know it isn't right now. Could it potentially be in 3-5 years? Sure, I guess. Gobert could also be declining when these 2 start hitting their stride in 3 years. But it's too early to answer that on Daniels and OO and I think that's a BIG problem & a BIG risk for TS to take right now when you have a team that's in a win-now mode.

I also understand the rationale of this though. We need another wing next to Trae. In a perfect world, we'd land LaVine. But that seems like a dream now and if you want that wing, seems like the best way is gambling for it in the draft. But damn that's risky as hell.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Top 10: Lillard, Doncic, Embiid, Tatum, Bron, Leonard, Durant, Jokic, Giannis, Steph 11-15: Butler, Tatum, Booker, Trae, and Gobert. Harden, PG13, KAT, Brown, Morant, and Siakam are just outside of the top 15. 

For me, Gobert has a case for top 10 over Lillard. 

Supes Gobert isn’t even the best player on his team!

he’s a top 30 guy but nowhere near the top 15!

• Thanks 2

hace 9 minutos, ShooterSays dijo:

Lots of unproven talent here outside of Trae and Gobert. 

Do we really think Daniels / OO / Gobert > Kev / JC / Cap? Because I don't think it is...actually, I know it isn't right now. Could it potentially be in 3-5 years? Sure, I guess. Gobert could also be declining when these 2 start hitting their stride in 3 years. But it's too early to answer that on Daniels and OO and I think that's a BIG problem & a BIG risk for TS to take right now when you have a team that's in a win-now mode.

I also understand the rationale of this though. We need another wing next to Trae. In a perfect world, we'd land LaVine. But that seems like a dream now and if you want that wing, seems like the best way is gambling for it in the draft. But damn that's risky as hell.

I will believe when I see it but in my opinion

Capela, Huerter and 16 >> Gobert

Collins>>>> 7th pick

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta comes away with an offseason of 

Trae/Delon

Daniels/Bogi

Hunter

Okongwu/JJ

Gobert

I love our starting five chances to win 50-60 games in the regular season. 

That team reeks of the bud years!

Great regular season team that gets swept in the playoffs!

Who’s the #2 guy on the team?? Hunter?? Rudy??

That’s a team that goes nowhere!

We need to find that #2 guy!

No more role players!

outside of Trae that’s all I see in that proposed lineup!

Just now, Dean Walker said:

No more role players!

Rudy and Hunter will share those responsibilities. 

Hell yeah, it's an elite regular season team. Shit, it will be elite in the playoffs too. 

We need the right type of role players. 

We need to be completely switchable. Everyone can defend multiple positions outside of Trae. I don't think know how you play a team with optimal wingspan and size at every position and have an all world offensive player on offense like Trae. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

No more role players!

Treadmill! Plus we give up most of of our draft assets making it impossible to improve.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Rudy and Hunter will share those responsibilities. 

Hell yeah, it's an elite regular season team. Shit, it will be elite in the playoffs too. 

We need the right type of role players. 

We need to be completely switchable. Everyone can defend multiple positions outside of Trae. I don't think know how you play a team with optimal wingspan and size at every position and have an all world offensive player on offense like Trae. 

But when I said we need to be completely switchable the other day.............. NVM... lol

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Treadmill! Plus we give up most of of our draft assets making it impossible to improve.

What draft assets? #16?  We already have basically 2 rookies on the roster who should contribute next season(JJ/Rife)... And we may even trade up this year for a top 7 pick.. Im not agreeing or disagreeing with either of yall.. Just sayin.. 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

What draft assets? #16?  We already have basically 2 rookies on the roster who should contribute next season(JJ/Rife)... And we may even trade up this year for a top 7 pick///..

Knowing you if Travis does exactly what you are supporting now and it blow up in his face, guess who will be the 1st in line clowning moves!

17 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

No more role players!

Yeah I don’t know how anyone could watch that Miami series and think we’d be better off with even worse offensive support for Trae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3