• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Only thing I'm worried about in that regard is the fact that Brown came up as a PG, for the most part.  HIs handle has been fine.  Hunter's needs work.

That's the difference that could (emphasis on 'could') cap Hunter's potential ascension to where Brown is right now.

I think moreso than handling it is his consistency. He disappears sometimes due to yielding to the guards. He certainly fits a different mold (wing slasher) than ball handler like Brown. He has to turn on the switch and keep it on all game. Maybe that is a maturity thing but if it is an actual personality thing than he could suffer and decline.

• Like 2

Been thinking a lot about the rumors. It's hard for me to get excited about Gobert. Yeah yeah I get how he raises our floor, but between his contract and age (he turns 30 in a week), I just don't see it. This trade would also cost way too much imo.

Ayton on the other hand...sign me up. Let's get it done. A SnT should cost way less than a straight up trade like we'd have to do for Gobert. Gobert is obviously the better player today, but I think Ayton could be the better player very soon. He'll be cheaper to trade for, on a better contract, and fits our timeline perfectly.

The JC rumors are a lot to take in. I love JC - he's the heart and soul of the team. I'd rather keep him, but I understand the need for an elite perimeter defender and playmaker to pair with Trae. LaVine made a lot of sense, but he won't be available. Doesn't seem like there will be an established player available to fit this need anytime soon - so I think we have to look to the draft. If we trade JC, Ivey is really the only player in the draft that I wouldn't have concerns about.

Trae/Ivey/Hunter/OO/Ayton

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Only thing I'm worried about in that regard is the fact that Brown came up as a PG, for the most part.  HIs handle has been fine.  Hunter's needs work.

That's the difference that could (emphasis on 'could') cap Hunter's potential ascension to where Brown is right now.

His handle hasnt been fine.. That dude fumbles more balls away than Capela.. lol. But yeah he can dribble better than Dre..Which isnt saying much..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Been thinking a lot about the rumors. It's hard for me to get excited about Gobert. Yeah yeah I get how he raises our floor, but between his contract and age (he turns 30 in a week), I just don't see it. This trade would also cost way too much imo.

Ayton on the other hand...sign me up. Let's get it done. A SnT should cost way less than a straight up trade like we'd have to do for Gobert. Gobert is obviously the better player today, but I think Ayton could be the better player very soon. He'll be cheaper to trade for, on a better contract, and fits our timeline perfectly.

The JC rumors are a lot to take in. I love JC - he's the heart and soul of the team. I'd rather keep him, but I understand the need for an elite perimeter defender and playmaker to pair with Trae. LaVine made a lot of sense, but he won't be available. Doesn't seem like there will be an established player available to fit this need anytime soon - so I think we have to look to the draft. If we trade JC, Ivey is really the only player in the draft that I wouldn't have concerns about.

Trae/Ivey/Hunter/OO/Ayton

"heart and soul of the team".. Here we go again...What does that even mean?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see no need to move JC right now. It screams of desperation and frugality.

OO is not a PF today. We do not need to rush this process. There will be another draft, there will be more vets that want out of their current situation.

If it’s not there its not there. No need to force change. Losing a bonafide starter for a rookie and a scrub vet is cheapskate team management. Contenders do not make those moves. They are not giving away proven talent for picks. 

I hate we even think this is a reasonable idea.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JTB said:

When it’s all said and done there’s going to be some happy fans and some upset fans .

which side will you be on???

If we give up Capela, Collins, and 16 for Rudy i'll be on the upset side thats for sure 🙂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

"heart and soul of the team".. Here we go again...What does that even mean?

Do you even watch the games? There’s one player who stands out as being the most active in timeouts, most active in congratulating and interacting with his teammates. It’s JC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I see no need to move JC right now. It screams of desperation and frugality.

OO is not a PF today. We do not need to rush this process. There will be another draft, there will be more vets that want out of their current situation.

If it’s not there its not there. No need to force change. Losing a bonafide starter for a rookie and a scrub vet is cheapskate team management. Contenders do not make those moves. They are not giving away proven talent for picks. 

I hate we even think this is a reasonable idea.

I think it's about his contract.  It kind of surprised me that we played some of our best ball to close out the year without him.  

Also, as a side note I’ve seen the Jazz fans pick up a Capela/Collins trade for Gobert and they are lapping it up. That is on the same level that idiot Knicks fans dream of.

Seems like some of their people got the wires crossed and ran with it. 

Atlanta will never offer that deal. It will be Capela/Huerter/16 final offer or no deal.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Do you even watch the games? There’s one player who stands out as being the most active in timeouts, most active in congratulating and interacting with his teammates. It’s JC. 

JC  best asset is a PnR partner to Trae. The issue is that Capela is at his best offensively...as a PnR partner to Trae. Two guys screening a rolling to the rim is one too many when you have a starting lineup with very little shot creation outside of Trae.  I feel like the Hawks need more of a creator at the 4 rather than a rim runner if you employ Trae and Capela or Gobert.

This is why I would like to see the PF position on the Hawks have a skillset more positioned to switch on defense, defend in space, and fight screens. 

The Hawks have a record of 50-51 in the last two seasons in which both Capela and Collins played as compared to 34-19 when only one or neither played.

Collins nor Capela can dribble, pass or score consistently in 1 v 1 situations. The last few years has shown us that one of them has to go.

JC is a good basketball player. The problem with JC is that he is awful against physical teams. JC is what he is. A tall skinny PF that gets pushed around a lot by bigger and more physical players. The Hawks have to get more physical if they ever want to compete for a NBA Championship. John is the best piece on this team to trade in order to do so. 

Now back to the rumors.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

Question to throw out there… Assuming there is an agreed upon framework, do you think any trades will be submitted before draft day or just at draft day… I’m wondering if it just comes down to leveraging down to the minute like Brooklyn and Philly did with the Ben trade or if the deal is pretty much going to be it.

Mainly referencing any John Collins, Gobert, or Grant trades because that seems to be where a lot of smoke is. 

Judging from history it seems likely that a wojbomb on any of those players won’t come until the 23rd so 7 more days of smoke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

This is why I think there’s a lot of truth to the JC rumors currently going around. We were targeting LaVine, and as soon as this Zach news hit, we shifted our focus to finding our star SG through the draft. Also of note:

Crap this is bad. Vivek likes my prospect. Vivek track record sucks lol.

• Haha 3

If Blazers and 7 is coming over here would you rather have it attached to Hart or Bled. 

Bled expires at 19 mill after next season and Hart has a 12 mill next season and a 12 mill player option the following year (2023-2024).

I like Hart, always have. He’s a steady hand that’s a big body combo that can handle, truly a vet now but came in vet like as a rookie.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If Blazers and 7 is coming over here would you rather have it attached to Hart or Bled. 

Bled expires at 19 mill after next season and Hart has a 12 mill next season and a 12 mill player option the following year (2023-2024).

I like Hart, always have. He’s a steady hand that’s a big body combo that can handle, truly a vet now but came in vet like as a rookie.

Hart...

14 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Also, as a side note I’ve seen the Jazz fans pick up a Capela/Collins trade for Gobert and they are lapping it up. That is on the same level that idiot Knicks fans dream of.

Seems like some of their people got the wires crossed and ran with it. 

Atlanta will never offer that deal. It will be Capela/Huerter/16 final offer or no deal.

They actually offered Capela or Collins/Huerter and 16. Utah is discussing potential picks outside of 16, Atlanta pretty hard line. This is the best offer Utah has received by far but they are just negotiating at this point. No telling if this will happen or not at this point 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

If you want to side debate John Collins please start another thread. Please post about trade rumors or signings here.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Seriously, can we keep this is to trade rumors or ask questions of the insiders? This is becoming once again a daily talk thread.

“The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.”

Sorry I missed the memo where this was a trade/FA signing only discussion thread. 

That being said. JC’s name is the most referenced in regards to trade rumors. I do not see an issue with diving in to his value and impact as it relates to our opinion on what is being rumored  in return for him.

We are only talking about JC because the insiders and rumors are talking  about him. He is one the hot takes right now. Gobert being the other.

I think its a little nit-picky to try and filter that out. Once the insiders report that his name has been pulled off the trading block maybe then we can re-focus the conversation. 

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know how y'all do it day in and day out.  Gotta tip my hat to guys that come here and listen to the same garbage and argue like is new news.

Hat Tip GIFs | Tenor

It's crazy town.  I'm all for upgrading the roster but trading Collins for some random draft pick and a non-NBA player like Winslow does not constitute a roster upgrade.  And I don't care who's available in the lottery.

• Like 4