• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

40 minutes ago, sturt said:

From my understanding, he can only agree to a different guarantee, but not that he can reduce the salary.

I do wonder--and just haven't studied it--if he could be extended (???) and agree to play on an exceptionally-team-friendly deal... for, say, two more years at, say, $5m each... thus a $10m AAV for 3 yrs doing the math.

If he can't play on the Hawks for less than the 21 million, then yeah he'll be gone one way or another.

43 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Christian Wood is not an upgrade. For scraps yeah but he can be a headcase with no defense. Dallas out of the center market. Also more importantly a domino has fallen so closer to having our smoke clear 🙏🏻

Banchero to Houston confirmed.. lol

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Banchero to Houston confirmed.. lol

I never thought they were seriously considering anyone else. It’s going to be one of the 3 but they are preparing for Banchero.

I can imagine the Jazz FO has the Capela/Huerter/16 offer on their table and they have tried every angle to get either added or swapped Collins/Hunter/additional picks. It’s a waiting game of chicken until free agency before the Ayton smoke clears if Jazz stay stubborn. I’d bet the Hawks will be fine with them taking the Jazz trade as structured by the Hawks and the Ayton structure would be leverage or 2nd deal smoke by the Atlanta front office/agents to spook Jazz. 

Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see if Detroit throws a max offer and Phoenix doesn’t match. They gonna need to take a bare bottom offer if Atlanta takes Gobert. James Jones might get torched. He can easily get outleveraged quick with Gobert gone.

Edited by theheroatl

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yep. Could be. There are teams willing to pay heavily for Clint that have no interest in JC. 

I wasn't told if Utah preferred one over the other. I know both were offered a the main piece but not as a pair 

Clint could always be flipped to the Raptors for OG if salaries work.

Hows this lineup?

Trae

OG

Hunter

OO

Gobert

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Hows this lineup?

Trae

OG

Hunter

OO

Gobert

Masai is not letting go of OG. That ship gonna sail. One of the most team friendly contracts if not the most.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

So in summation, our injuries count. Their injuries don't count. Ok, usually your very objective and unbiased in your analysis, that doesn't appear to be the case this time.

To say it better, our injuries effected us far more than their injuries effected them. 

They came in with a slightly sprained ankle.  We came in missing a leg...    Yet... you want to make them equal??

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

THAT game bothered me. It really really did.

What @AHF said is all valid, too, but I really felt like that's got to be a game that our people study hard in the off-season, to fully understand how we didn't even really compete. I don't dismiss any of the plausible explanations, and every single person who played or coached that game should have been interviewed to ascertain some well-grounded answer as to how that one got so out of hand given all of the factors, pro and con.

BUT. It's still just one game. There are 60+2+4 others that have to be given appropriate weight in the analysis as well.

Sturt... I was not so bothered...

We were missing Lou &Bogi & CC and Collins was out there gimpy...  They replaced Butler with Oladipo and Lowry with Vincent (who is better than Lowry at this stage)...   To say we didn't really compete is disingenious too.  Hunter had the game of his life.    We lose by three.  It was a close out game in Miami.  Nah.. I'm not bothered. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Hows this lineup?

Trae

OG

Hunter

OO

Gobert

We still have a bonified 2nd option problem. Who's running the offense when Trae is trapped at halfcourt.

And OG is not a SG...I don't care what anyone says about positionless basketball. Not buying this one.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We still have a bonified 2nd option problem. Who's running the offense when Trae is trapped at halfcourt.

And OG is not a SG...I don't care what anyone says about positionless basketball. Not buying this one.

List your 2nd option players who are available or rumored to be available.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

To say it better, our injuries effected us far more than their injuries effected them. 

They came in with a slightly sprained ankle.  We came in missing a leg...    Yet... you want to make them equal??

If I may improve on that...

It's less about the nature of the injury/illness itself... it's about the quantity of players at one position hit at the same time, and so, what was the talent level and familiarity with the offense+defense of the replacement player.

This kind of thing happens in football just every now and then... you'll hear of your team having to "sign X off the street" b/c the team got hit hard at a particular position... especially kickers and punters, of course.

This kind of thing happens in baseball with some frequency since you have a AAA club that routinely has players on the cusp of breaking into the league, and others who we might call "AAAA" players who seem to always travel b/t the big league club and the AAA. (My team, of course, is routinely bringing up pitchers at the moment, often to start, because we're in that cycle now.)

This kind of thing, though... hardly ever happens in the NBA, that you'd be so depleted, you have to go sign-up guys who aren't even able to get an NBA contract to start for you. Maybe to be on the bench, maybe even to fill a rotation role. But it's really the first time I recall the Hawks ever picking up G-Leaguers to fill-in and start.

That's the difference. Most other teams had a better outcome because it was their 2nd string guys--players their other starters were used to playing beside anyhow--filling in as starters as necessary.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We were missing Lou &Bogi & CC and Collins was out there gimpy

Not CC... he logged 20-ish minutes... which, yes, he wasn't 100%, but I just thought we didn't have any fire in our collective belly with the exception of Dre.

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If only Reddish would've worked out.. smh

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, JTB said:

List your 2nd option players who are available or rumored to be available.

Malcolm Brogdon is the 1st that comes to mind.

Trade #16 to Spurs for #20 and #25. 

Trade Bogi and #25 for Brogdon (his constant injuries and contract length are concerning). Healthy Brogdon plays defense and can adequately run the offense to score for himself and set up others.

Hawks still have #20 and Clint to trade.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Russell Westbrook is available I hear.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, terrell said:

If only Reddish would've worked out.. smh

But Jalen still might. My Spidey sense is that he's not just going to have had "a" role when we get to the end of 82 games, but he will have been asked to be to the 2nd unit what Reddish never quite became.

• Like 2