• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

But Jalen still might. My Spidey sense is that he's not just going to have had "a" role when we get to the end of 82 games, but he will have been asked to be to the 2nd unit what Reddish never quite became.

I hope so. I'm also hoping Hunter takes a Jalen Brown leap like he did in year 4.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

But Jalen still might. My Spidey sense is that he's not just going to have had "a" role when we get to the end of 82 games, but he will have been asked to be to the 2nd unit what Reddish never quite became.

Can JJ play the 2?

Didnt he play PG in Highschool? lol

You think he'll get some run as Point Forward?

Edited by terrell

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Malcolm Brogdon is the 1st that comes to mind.

Trade #16 to Spurs for #20 and #25. 

Trade Bogi and #25 for Brogdon (his constant injuries and contract length are concerning). Healthy Brogdon plays defense and can adequately run the offense to score for himself and set up others.

Hawks still have #20 and Clint to trade.

Anyone else? Just Brogdon?

Outside of Ayton, Brogdon, Lavine I don’t see many real second option choices that we could possibly get. The only other way to address second scoring option need is moving up in the draft. But you can’t move up for anyone it has to be a move up to get Ivey if we are going to address the 2nd scoring option need but then many hate what it takes to do that which likely includes trading JC away.

Ayton really does solve a lot of problems including second scoring option. That’s not to say don’t get another scoring wing player but it wouldn’t be as critical if Ayton was on the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Be honest...

If nobody ever started these rumors about Gobert to Atlanta... if the rumor never hit..

Would you have thought about him?  At All?

How about Ayton?  If it was expected that he were going to sign with Phoenix, would you have said, you know what, we need to target him??

Just asking....

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

How about Ayton?  If it was expected that he were going to sign with Phoenix, would you have said, you know what, we need to target him??

Wait what? I don’t think I’m understanding the question. If he wasn’t available would we say we want him… ummm no.. it’s like saying we want Embiid when he’s not on the block, but Ayton happens to be so..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If nobody ever started these rumors about Gobert to Atlanta... if the rumor never hit..

Yes. When you have Trae, you should be one of the teams considering Gobert. Ya I would have targeted him. 

1 hour ago, AtLaS said:

His contract is insane.  And hes 30, and he is a terrible offensive player.  

We just cant include Collins in this deal, it has to be Capela.  I really dont like throwing in the 1st either.  Maybe a pick swap.  

I really wish we would try for Ayton before panicking and going this route.

Why can't the hawks offer the protected future 1st from Charlotte owed to us from the Cam trade instead?

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes. When you have Trae, you should be one of the teams considering Gobert. Ya I would have targeted him. 

I would be targeting him although he would probably be much lower on my list than alot of players.  Mainly because he only upgrades a strength we already have.  As i said im not against getting him here but i don't think it's smart at all to destroy another strength at either PF or SF with Collins or Hunter to get him here.   If we can get Rudy here without giving up those 2 specific guys and Trae then im probably open for it. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait what? I don’t think I’m understanding the question. If he wasn’t available would we say we want him… ummm no.. it’s like saying we want Embiid when he’s not on the block, but Ayton happens to be so..

No.. Ayton would still be a RFA... but it was just expected that he would resign with the Suns.. would we look at him and say... we ought to make a push to get him?  Or even if he were a UFA and it was expected that he would resign with the Suns.. would we say.. we ought to take a shot?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Diesel said:

No.. Ayton would still be a RFA... but it was just expected that he would resign with the Suns.. would we look at him and say... we ought to make a push to get him?  Or even if he were a UFA and it was expected that he would resign with the Suns.. would we say.. we ought to take a shot?

Ya, I would. Again, Trae is small. I wanna pair him with either a big who is one of the best defenders in the league in Gobert or Ayton, another huge dude whose got skills on the other end. Eithe way he needs to be paired with big long guys whether bigs or wings.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well Bradley Beal is available.. his name never comes up...

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Ya, I would. Again, Trae is small. I wanna pair him with either a big who is one of the best defenders in the league in Gobert or Ayton, another huge dude whose got skills on the other end. Eithe way he needs to be paired with big long guys whether bigs or wings.

There are a whole slew of FA bigs available.. we don't talk about half of them.. Nobody has said a word about Mo Bamba?  Kevin Looney? JaVale McGee?

• Like 1

I have a question here.

So the report is some combo of 

Cap/JC/Huerter/16

Then the article hints JC not in that deal.

So we assume Cap/Huerter and ..

because JC to Blazers for #7, then we package 7 and 16.

So my question is we secure Gobert and then have pick 7 and want to combo it with 16 to land who? What position? 

It would rule out PG (Trae) C (Gobert) and SF (Hunter; unless Hunter is used with picks 7 and 16 to land an even bigger fish.

Could it be …

Hunter/7/16 for Beal @kg01 hates me bye 👋 

🏃‍♀️ 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well Bradley Beal is available.. his name never comes up...

Jinx I just mentioned him. Buy me a coke I didn’t see ur Beal till after I posted 😂.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I would be targeting him although he would probably be much lower on my list than alot of players.  Mainly because he only upgrades a strength we already have.  As i said im not against getting him here but i don't think it's smart at all to destroy another strength at either PF or SF with Collins or Hunter to get him here.   If we can get Rudy here without giving up those 2 specific guys and Trae then im probably open for it. 

Logically, we know it's not the best move but we're driven by the rumors.  The rumors drive our conversation and for some of us our desire. Like I said in the other post, there's a whole lot of other bigs available in FAcy that won't cost us near as much.  The point is, we were never concerned about C into somebody told us that we can get one.   Now we have made it our main objective.   When the real problem is at the wing position. 

For some reason, we have no thoughts about that.  I mean, Beal is there.   Dennis is there.  Gary Harris is there... but there is no talk about these fellas.  

• Premium Member

That’s cuz their tier is different.. or as Supes would tell you.. they suck a$$ 😂 

Actually, the comparison of Ayton to McGee...  McGee wipes the floor with Ayton defensively.

Bomba... is cheaper, better offensive ass that Gobert. 

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Logically, we know it's not the best move but we're driven by the rumors.  The rumors drive our conversation and for some of us our desire. Like I said in the other post, there's a whole lot of other bigs available in FAcy that won't cost us near as much.  The point is, we were never concerned about C into somebody told us that we can get one.   Now we have made it our main objective.   When the real problem is at the wing position. 

For some reason, we have no thoughts about that.  I mean, Beal is there.   Dennis is there.  Gary Harris is there... but there is no talk about these fellas.  

The wing objective has literally been my objective for like a year + now lol.  On here and on real GM i have complained non stop about Bogi and Huerter being our weak link and Sg being our biggest position of upgrade need.   It's the main reason i have also complained about us targeting rudy so much is because i feel if we do that giving up good assets.  Then we will have very little to trade for a legit 2 way star SG upgrade to put next to Trae which to me is HANDS DOWN the biggest priority to get this team to the next level. 

I preached about it so much that people were getting irritated at me on RealGM because i would pop in on every single Jaylen Brown  Zach Lavine(i know he's not 2 way but still a very good scorer and playmaker)  Paul George, OG  etc... trade trying to find a way to get them to the hawks over the last year.  Even when we wasn't the team that was in the trade proposals at times 😄

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Threezus said:

Capela, Kevin, 16 and you got me on that trade im willing to do that for Rudy.    Collins added in and im not taking it he needs to be paired with Rudy or were gonna be destroyed on the boards unless we can get a really good PF from somewhere else to pair with Rudy.  Jalen might can be that guy but i dang sure wouldn't hold my breath on it this season.  He is still to fresh because nates lack of playing time to take over completely imo.

To me Collins pairs with Rudy wonderfully as he can be the stretch 4 with above avg defense Rudy needs next to him to make him work perfectly in a scheme.    To me thats always been the move is to upgrade capela without hurting the 1 thing that is your best asset next to capela or rudy.  

Maybe the Hawks should offer Capela - Hunter - 16th pick. Sell high on Hunter while we can.

The smoking gun about DeAndre is his overall motor to play basketball. Does he have that desire to be a star player, or is he content with being one of the guys?

The Hawks may deem Hunter to be "untouchable", but they better guess right. We must find that 2nd "dog" to play alongside Trae. Or we must acquire a true impact player.

Because I don't see "future all-star" talent in Hunter, my offer to Utah would be:

Capela + ( pick a wing ) + 16th pick + 2023 2nd rd pick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Bingo

We have 48 minutes of Capela + OO at center right now. Both very talented defensive centers. And all the talk is about needing to bring in a center that can play defense…? We have TWO of them, and their combined salary is by far less expensive than the one we want to add. Something doesn’t add up to me there.

Meanwhile, there isn’t a single guard on this team other than Trae that can attack a defense and get to the FT line. And other Delon, none that can stay in front of their man.

Let’s take inventory:

Trae: Superstar, check

Dre: 2-way player with size, major offensive upside and real defensive talent, check

JC: 2 way big man that can stretch the floor, get buckets in the mid post, and is a big time finisher at the rim, check

Clint/OO: between the two of them can guard ANY big man in the league with proven results, check.

We insert a SG, Combo Guard, or Wing in to this equation that can defend at a high level and take pressure away from Trae on offense and you are talking about a complete and contending lineup.

What’s that you say? Oladipo is an UFA? He played under Nate before? His market value is still low?  Got it, let’s trade 2 of our best players for a draft pick and a Center. That’ll fix the problem.

• Like 3