• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

he is not good enough to make up for the lack of perimeter defense on the roster by himself.

Indeed. Critical point. What's UTH's highest priority this off-season if you read their bloggers and beat writers?

Sounds familiar.

Perimeter defense, as far as I've read.

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

Indeed. Critical point. What's UTH's highest priority this off-season if you read their bloggers and beat writers?

Sounds familiar.

Perimeter defense, as far as I've read.

I think that's why they wanted Hunter, perimeter defense and big wing 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I know I'm really good at these totally distracting out-of-nowhere comments and questions every now and then, or at least as good as any other Sqawker... so here's a doozy, but I'm asking an honest question and not really looking for the obvious knee-jerk answer if one can avoid the temptation to offer that...

Is there any plausible theory in which Gallinari remains a Hawk, or if not "plausible," what's the closest to that that you can come up with?

(Thanks in advance for indulging me.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

I know I'm really good at these totally distracting out-of-nowhere comments and questions every now and then, or at least as good as any other Sqawker... so here's a doozy, but I'm asking an honest question and not really looking for the obvious knee-jerk answer if one can avoid the temptation to offer that...

Is there any plausible theory in which Gallinari remains a Hawk, or if not "plausible," what's the closest to that that you can come up with?

Is it possible that he could agree to play for a reduced amount, like 12 million instead of the full 21+? If so I could think of a scenario.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, sturt said:

I saw a snippet awhile back about waiving him and resigning him. Haven't seen or heard anything in awhile.

I don't think he remains a Hawk fir $21 million.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol. I hear what you are saying but I would not like that at all. 

We're going into the season knowing we lack POA defense on the perimeter and a consistent secondary scoring option - we can't not address this even if we end up with Goberrated.

I'm in to this nickname! lol

My best case scenario based on today's updated info is coming out of the offseason  looking something like this:

Trae/Russell

Delon/Kev

Dre/ 

JC/JJ

(Ayton or Gobert)/ OO

And fill in the rest of the roster with a couple of cheap vets.

Russell is a exactly the kind of scoring/creation type player we need off the bench but obviously get starter's minutes.

Kev's role gets reduced but he get's to back up both the 2 and 3.

Nate finally owns up to his defensive reputation and gives Delon the starting nod. This opens up more shot opportunities for Dre who finally stays healthy and takes a leap

Dre and Russell will average 18 to 22 ppg apiece. Russell is in the mix for 6MOTY, Hunter gets talks of MIP.

JC and the Center we bring in average a combined 32 pts and 20+ rebs.

Delon and OO have low counting stats but make a huge impact outside of the boxscore.

Kev and JJ are able to have huge nights here and there with out being counted on to contribute every night. Kev becomes the wildcard for us that when he is on, we blow teams away, but even if he is off, we still have more than enough fire power to win.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae/Russell

Delon/Kev

Dre/ 

JC/JJ

(Ayton or Gobert)/ OO

So you've traded Bogi and Gallo for Russell? Don't think Minny can take back all that salary. Very expensive backup.

Won't have Kev since he'll be included in the Gobert trade.

How much are you paying Delon?

41 minutes ago, sturt said:

It's America. You get to do that.

But you just have to face the music--and you've mainly been dancing around it (see what I did there 🙂 )--that you cannot not appreciate that .621 is .621.

What you've done at every turn in this exchange as far as I've participated in it is rhetorical whack-a-mole (can't debunk that .621 happened, and of course you can't... so you push the spotlight on the MIA series, and ignorantly (by the dictionary definition of the term) call me out as-if I've been disingenuous on that part... and then when that lazy accusation proves hollow and a fuller discussion of the MIA context is laid out, you move move the spotlight backward as-if to zoom out from the close-up examination given to just repeat the broad assertion as-if that's somehow compelling.

I'll do one better.

This team even with injuries to its most major assets STILL went .621. The vast majority of this past season, even just analyzing the 60 Real Hawks' games were played with one or more of BogBog, JC, Hunter, Capela taking a DNP.  We only had every one of our rotation players for a handful of games.

That's a damn strong team, I'm sorry, not sorry.

Could it be better? Well, it has to try because Gallo's contract demands some modifications. And certainly one has to wonder if this team had been even in the range of the middle of the pack in terms of defensive metrics, could .621 have been .671?

Theoretically? Yes. But who knows whether the defensive improvement wouldn't also correlate with an offensive correction? Hard to say, but it's cool to think about.

No context needed for the MIA series. We got tarred and feathered. Drawn and quartered. Feel free to add your own analogy. 

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So you've traded Bogi and Gallo for Russell? Don't think Minny can take back all that salary. Very expensive backup.

Won't have Kev since he'll be included in the Gobert trade.

How much are you paying Delon?

I thought that Gallo's contract was not worth the full value in a trade or something like that? Or am I confusing that with Ayton...

Either way, if that means we can take back a player or pick from Minny I am cool with that too.

Kev wasn't included in the Ayton deal iirc. But yes, that just opens up more minutes and scoring for Russell.

Wright, idk, just got to squeeze him in some kind of way, I'm not the money guy. I am a visionary lol

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Is it possible that he could agree to play for a reduced amount, like 12 million instead of the full 21+? If so I could think of a scenario.

From my understanding, he can only agree to a different guarantee, but not that he can reduce the salary.

I do wonder--and just haven't studied it--if he could be extended (???) and agree to play on an exceptionally-team-friendly deal... for, say, two more years at, say, $5m each... thus a $10m AAV for 3 yrs doing the math.

Christian Wood is not an upgrade. For scraps yeah but he can be a headcase with no defense. Dallas out of the center market. Also more importantly a domino has fallen so closer to having our smoke clear 🙏🏻

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Proof that Capela is already someone else's Prom date since he was Dallas' first choice?

They were also rumored to have Gobert interest - the less suitors the better.

Besides they have nothing I'd want for Capela.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

No context needed for the MIA series. We got tarred and feathered. Drawn and quartered. Feel free to add your own analogy. 

I'm being punked. There's no other explanation. You're not serious, you're just wanting to see how many nothing posts you can post and elicit some response.

*sigh*

I'm so naive... so trusting... it took me, what 5 or 6 to catch on???

1 hour ago, sturt said:

What you've done at every turn in this exchange as far as I've participated in it is rhetorical whack-a-mole (can't debunk that .621 happened, and of course you can't... so you push the spotlight on the MIA series, and ignorantly (by the dictionary definition of the term) call me out as-if I've been disingenuous on that part... and then when that lazy accusation proves hollow and a fuller discussion of the MIA context is laid out, you move move the spotlight backward as-if to zoom out from the close-up examination given to just repeat the broad assertion as-if that's somehow compelling.

11 hours ago, sturt said:

Dismissiveness isn't an argument. It's only dismissiveness. (You're allowed to quote me on that. 🙂 )

Be intellectually sincere enough to debunk the substance offered.

2022-06-15_20-23-52.png

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I thought that Gallo's contract was not worth the full value in a trade or something like that? Or am I confusing that with Ayton...

Minny has been looking for a PF for a long time, I assume they'd want to keep him so assumrd guaranteed his contract....but yes if traded without full guarantee, his value is $8 mill plus Bogi $18 mil...that's $26 mil...we'd be over by $5 mil for Russell's $31.