• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Whaaaat?  I thought you knew it all, supey. 😉

And y'all leave my guy, @Spud2nique alone.

I have no idea what the argument is but I get my boy's back.

No argument just some friends conveniently forgetting who said what. it ain’t the first time but I ain’t surprised either. I go shoot now. Hoops 🏀 

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Nah but at least I ain’t someone’s cheerleader or groupie.  :cheer::saythat: 

The sonic boom you may have just heard is that comment flying over my head.

tenor.gif?itemid=15405360

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

That's the point Diesel. Other teams got better and developed counterattacks for what we had. We have no counterpunch and we needed that. We needed something else for teams to think about and we didn't get it. 

No.. They didn't...

This is the problem... you watched us limp into the playoffs and got beat and came back with the thought that other teams got better with better counterattacks.   NO.. not true.

Milwaukee didn't get better.   Philly didn't get better.   Brooklyn.. didn't get better.   Boston... didn't get Better.  Miami didn't get better.  Toronto didn't get better.  NY didn't get better (even though they added different core players). 

These were the same teams and they did the same things.  There were only 2 teams that got better in the East:  Cleveland and Chicago.   Those are the only two teams that had changes in personnel that led to them being better. 

Nobody's counterattacks got better either.  Do you know that for the last 4 years, teams have been trying to surround Trae because he was our guy...  That's nothing new.  Go back and watch what NY and Philly tried to do to us last year.   The thing that stopped them then was JC and Clint with the lobs and the back doors attacking the rim.   Why do you think the PNR was so effective for us???  It keeps teams honest.  They can't bust the PNR if you have players that can attack the basket off ball.   That's JC's job.

Watch this clip it shows what happens when a defense tries to bring an extra player into the 1-5 PNR..

It's that same on Stockton Malone type play.. they perfected the backdoor cut/pop out. 

JC couldn't go in the playoffs and Clint wasn't the picker... OO is not fluent in PNR.   Miami had us served up and their coach knew that we didn't have the personnel to stop them.

So... here's another video.. just watch the play at about 48 seconds... This is Hawks Heat and it shows how Trae normally handled the triple team...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Other teams got better

WhatchutalkinboutWillis?

Than .621???

Not many.

This is fallacious thinking that is going to lead us into a very dark place if Schlenk's not sober to Real Hawks body of work.

You're no doubt talking about Gumbo Hawks... which will never (*knocks on wood*) grade the State Farm hardwood again.

As far as Rudy to the Hawks goes for me i don't mind him coming here he is a good player. But for me it also ends all discussions when they ask for  Capela + any of Trae, Collins, Hunter, or Okongwu in the trade as well.    You can pretty much ask for anything else on the team with any combination and i'll more than likely give it a good look over and accept most the time.  I might even be ok with adding Okongwu in there although i want more than Rudy coming back if we do Capela + Okongwu and 16.   But still Trae, Hunter, or Collins added + capela = automatic no because where as it is a bit of a upgrade over capela i think it makes us a whole a worse team.

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Recognizing that I'm probably asking a fool question, is this Gobert talk anything more than just media / internet rumors and /or two teams having mutual interest but no real movement toward a deal yet?  Or as an insider is this actually something you've heard is likely happening and now we are discussing the ramifications of the deal on the Squawk?  

I'm just curious if this is a legit happening or just us discussing media rumors at this point?  And I understand nothing happens until it happens, but hopefully you get what I'm asking.  

No one is going to say a deal is happening for sure but even if our insiders here didn’t report anything I believe there is real true interest in acquiring Gobert and trading JC even if some don’t want to believe it.

as far as the squawk goes for some reason Jake Fischer report seem to have really lit a fire in the national media regarding Hawks and  Gobert ….it’s not really shocking news but it seem to have more of a pull.

I for one believe a framework deal was really discussed for Gobert and Ayton by the hawks. We will see what happens. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I won't count last year for Lillard, seeing that he was hurt.  Let's compare Lillard 2018 = 2021 to Trae 2019 - 2022.  Both are 3 season stretches.

PPG

• Lillard - 28.0
  • Trae - 27.8 . . . . last season:  28.4

REBS

• Lillard - 4.4 
  • Trae - 3.9 . . . . . last season:  3.7

ASST

• Lillard - 7.4
  • Trae - 9.5 . . . . . last season:  9.7

STLS

• Lillard - 1.0
  • Trae - 1.0 . . . . . last season: 0.9

TOs

• Lillard - 2.9
  • Trae - 4.3 . . . . . last season:  4.0

FG%

• Lillard - 45.2%
  • Trae - 44.7% . . . last season:  46.0%

3FG%

• Lillard - 38.7%
  • Trae - 36.4% . . . last season:  38.2%

FT%

• Lillard - 90.9%
  • Trae - 88.4% . . . last season:  90.4%

eFG%

• Lillard - 54.5%
  • Trae - 52.0% . . . last season:  53.6%

ORtg

• Lillard - 124 
  • Trae - 117 . . . . . . last season:  119

DRtg

• Lillard - 116
  • Trae - 117 . . . . . .  last season:  118

PER

• Lillard - 25.4
  • Trae - 24.2 . . . . . . last season:  25.4

TS%

• Lillard - 61.2%
  • Trae - 59.8% . . . . . last season:  60.3%

WS/48

• Lillard - .213 
  • Trae - .160 . . . . . . . last season:  .181

OBPM

• Lillard - 7.5 
  • Trae - 6.3 . . . . . . . . last season:  7.1

DBPM

• Lillard - ( -0.8 )
  • Trae - (  -2.0 ) . . . . . last season:  ( -2.0 )

BPM

• Lillard - 6.7
  • Trae - 4.3 . . . . . . . . . last season:  5.2

Just showing people how close that Trae is right now, to PRIME Lillard.  And his season last year was very Lillard-like.

The biggest detriment to Trae's game is his turnovers, which has a negative impact on his advanced metrics.  The turnover also affect his defensive numbers, seeing that a good number of Trae's turnovers lead to fast break points. 

There's no doubt that having CJ McCollum as a backcourt running mate, helped Lillard achieve some of his greatness, because you couldn't just lock in and double Lillard.  If you did that, CJ would kill you.

This would be a big reason why adding an All-Star caliber guard or wing with Trae, could make him even more efficient as a player.

image.jpeg

So it's CJ who you want beside Trae?

Here's your guy then.... 

He should be there at 16... lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There's no doubt that having CJ McCollum as a backcourt running mate, helped Lillard achieve some of his greatness, because you couldn't just lock in and double Lillard.  If you did that, CJ would kill you.

This would be a big reason why adding an All-Star caliber guard or wing with Trae, could make him even more efficient as a player.

I mean...this isn't complicated and it's not like we haven't been watching it the past 2-3 seasons.

Regardless of how well we execute defensively, we're not going to just come down and set up the pick and roll...no matter who's cutting.  We will keep seeing that junk defense against the penetration and it's a coin toss as to whether or not the remnants of our offense can hit an open shot.  We may slow the game down to a defensive grind, but the timely shots that guys like Tatum and Brown are hitting will be the difference.  On the other end, we will have Trae standing off to the side watching Rudy/Capela/JC/OO or whoever fumble around in the paint and/or brick after brick raining from the perimeter. 

Getting bigger/tougher solves one part of the puzzle.  Which I'm good with.  We will still need a 2nd go to scorer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I won't count last year for Lillard, seeing that he was hurt.  Let's compare Lillard 2018 = 2021 to Trae 2019 - 2022.  Both are 3 season stretches.

PPG

• Lillard - 28.0
  • Trae - 27.8 . . . . last season:  28.4

REBS

• Lillard - 4.4 
  • Trae - 3.9 . . . . . last season:  3.7

ASST

• Lillard - 7.4
  • Trae - 9.5 . . . . . last season:  9.7

STLS

• Lillard - 1.0
  • Trae - 1.0 . . . . . last season: 0.9

TOs

• Lillard - 2.9
  • Trae - 4.3 . . . . . last season:  4.0

FG%

• Lillard - 45.2%
  • Trae - 44.7% . . . last season:  46.0%

3FG%

• Lillard - 38.7%
  • Trae - 36.4% . . . last season:  38.2%

FT%

• Lillard - 90.9%
  • Trae - 88.4% . . . last season:  90.4%

eFG%

• Lillard - 54.5%
  • Trae - 52.0% . . . last season:  53.6%

ORtg

• Lillard - 124 
  • Trae - 117 . . . . . . last season:  119

DRtg

• Lillard - 116
  • Trae - 117 . . . . . .  last season:  118

PER

• Lillard - 25.4
  • Trae - 24.2 . . . . . . last season:  25.4

TS%

• Lillard - 61.2%
  • Trae - 59.8% . . . . . last season:  60.3%

WS/48

• Lillard - .213 
  • Trae - .160 . . . . . . . last season:  .181

OBPM

• Lillard - 7.5 
  • Trae - 6.3 . . . . . . . . last season:  7.1

DBPM

• Lillard - ( -0.8 )
  • Trae - (  -2.0 ) . . . . . last season:  ( -2.0 )

BPM

• Lillard - 6.7
  • Trae - 4.3 . . . . . . . . . last season:  5.2

Just showing people how close that Trae is right now, to PRIME Lillard.  And his season last year was very Lillard-like.

The biggest detriment to Trae's game is his turnovers, which has a negative impact on his advanced metrics.  The turnover also affect his defensive numbers, seeing that a good number of Trae's turnovers lead to fast break points. 

image.jpeg

I'm confused.  My guy told me Lillllr'd was a tier above Trae in every way.  🙄

23 minutes ago, terrell said:

So it's CJ who you want beside Trae?

Here's your guy then.... 

If it's CJ who you want beside Trae, here's your guy ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470ptb0lqhs33fhfwl6g

Stop putting these rookies in the category of seasoned NBA pros.

#NoMoreTanking

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I'm confused.  My guy told me Lillllr'd was a tier above Trae in every way.  🙄

If it's CJ who you want beside Trae, here's your guy ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470ptb0lqhs33fhfwl6g

Stop putting these rookies in the category of seasoned NBA pros.

#NoMoreTanking

Thats my comparison dude.. Chill...

18 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I mean...this isn't complicated and it's not like we haven't been watching it the past 2-3 seasons.

Regardless of how well we execute defensively, we're not going to just come down and set up the pick and roll...no matter who's cutting.  We will keep seeing that junk defense against the penetration and it's a coin toss as to whether or not the remnants of our offense can hit an open shot.  We may slow the game down to a defensive grind, but the timely shots that guys like Tatum and Brown are hitting will be the difference.  On the other end, we will have Trae standing off to the side watching Rudy/Capela/JC/OO or whoever fumble around in the paint and/or brick after brick raining from the perimeter. 

Getting bigger/tougher solves one part of the puzzle.  Which I'm good with.  We will still need a 2nd go to scorer.

Yeah I for one didn’t see a huge defensive overhaul coming and it’s not for sure it is coming. To your point you made you listed JC in your comments and while I 100% agree he’s not a true 2nd scoring option keeping him would strongly help the offense.

but say we trade JC as the strong rumors suggest and hawks draft aggressive defensive minded soon to be rookie Dyson Daniel and the Hawks roll out a lineup of Trae-Daniel-Hunter-OO-Gobert…..I’m not excited about this lineup offensively but I’m extremely excited about the lineups height, length, aggressiveness, and defensive abilities! 

See I agree that the offense doesn’t get upgraded here unless the rookie surprises us and Hunter can show some real true promise which is a long shot for both but if you want to put defense around Trae and treat this like the 2001 Iverson/Larry Brown 76ers this is definitely the way to go! 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

I think it is okay idea with Gobert and Daniels plus we will get more help in the next couple of offseason, so it is a good idea for now

Yeah I don’t think it’s a bad idea and I really do believe Trae/Gobert team will get us 50 wins minimum but the playoffs is what will really be looked at since that’s where Goberts fans or non fans pay most attention to him.

I will say that the Gobert haters have to chill on the playoff stuff. Sometimes it’s all about fitting in on the right team and being able to do what you do best comfortably (Wiggins).

Those jazz teams did not try to put good defenders around Gobert and the hawks approach would likely be completely different! If Gobert is DPOY on a team of bad perimeter defenders then what kind of impact is he going to have when he could possibly have strong perimeter defenders beside him?!….he’s already damn good defensively what does he look like when Hunter is locking down his guy or when OO is defending these top PFs at a high level ???

See thats the difference we’d be looking at. Making what he does great already even better by putting more than competent defenders around him. 

1 hour ago, georgia said:

Gobert for Capela and huerter is 5 million off.    Collins for pick 7 won’t work with the cap.    None of this works?     Sorry if I missed the discussion 

Yeah, you missed it and you have to reread everything, and it does work with the cap with Collins for pick 7 if you added salary from other players