• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upgrade coming per Schlenk

Spud2nique

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I actually like the Crowder move. Mainly because he knows how to play at a high level. Fits extremely well with Okongwu and gives an P.J. Tucker type with toughness and an edge. I still don't trust JJ even though I am very aware of his talent level and potential. I still want JJ in the Gleague with the other prospects. I just want a vet that's impactful off the bench. We don't have many outside of A. Holiday and Bogi. Griffin or Martin can be SFs in place of J. Holiday, preferably Martin.

How tough is he really? Lets see....lol. He's played for a gazillion teams that's for sure...

Edited by terrell

16 hours ago, Diesel said:

I'm not for the trade.   However, we know nothing about Johnson.   It's we believe in him because we drafted him.   We haven't seen him on the court enough to know what we have.. so to say that he's worth more than a vet who will come in and contribute in an area of need (right away).. is a guess.   Really a Hope.   We hope that Johnson is going to be really good.   Johnson may be crap.. We don't know. 

Me either......Crowder is about done. Dude makes a jump shot every once and a while. Let's see what this current roster looks like before giving up a young piece. Just bring in Solo for cheap if we need more "toughness"... With that siad, he'd be nice insurance for Hunter/JC.. lol

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I see his addition as somebody who can make us less finesse.   

We don't need all these finesse players and then get pushed around when it counts. 

I’m leaning towards trading for Crowder even if it means giving away Johnson and some second rd pick in the trade then so be it.
The suns had a similar offense as us and Crowder fits in greatly. I say make the trade and extend Crowder for another season if possible that way we don’t lose him in the off season.

We have a ultra young starting 5 (outside of capela…still young but not in early 20s). I think we need more of a vet bench to mix it up with our core young players.

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

I’m leaning towards trading for Crowder even if it means giving away Johnson and some second rd pick in the trade then so be it.
The suns had a similar offense as us and Crowder fits in greatly. I say make the trade and extend Crowder for another season if possible that way we don’t lose him in the off season.

We have a ultra young starting 5 (outside of capela…still young but not in early 20s). I think we need more of a vet bench to mix it up with our core young players.

With Crowder, there's an age issue but toughness is hard to find in this league.   Our team has made a move towards toughness (DJM).    Plus he's a vet that can get you 10/5  off the bench.  I haven't looked at the trade possibility with specifics because I think about other areas (big man) but I do see the utility and value in getting Crowder. 

• Premium Member

One more word on Crowder....

Phoenix is in no place to negotiate.   What if they would take a 2nd rd Pick and player for Crowder just to get something. 

First... is he worth going into the LT for if we can get him on the cheap?

Second... he wanted out of Phoenix because he lost his job to Cam Johnson?  Well, he's not going to start here either... Is that a problem?

He fills a big hole at BU SF.   I mean we have potential people to fill it but He would fill it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Phoenix is in no place to negotiate.   What if they would take a 2nd rd Pick and player for Crowder just to get something. 

If you assume it's down to one trading partner, then yeah, they're at a disadvantage.

That's a big assumption, though.

I'd think it's more likely there's enough competition to allow them to get something in the range of FMV.

I thought the whole reason Crowder wants out of Phx was because they want to start Cam Johnson and Crowder wants to start. He isn't starting here so why would he want to come and extend? 

I like him as a player but I don't see how his situation fits the Hawks. And I don't see an easy trade for him. I'm not interested in giving away JJ. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I thought the whole reason Crowder wants out of Phx was because they want to start Cam Johnson and Crowder wants to start. He isn't starting here so why would he want to come and extend? 

True, true.

I get the impression though that the bigger picture here is that he doesn't feel wanted in PHX anymore... double-whammy for him that they both want to reduce his role and that they're not interested in an extension. Could be wrong, but if you say all the right things and make him feel highly regarded, that could be enough to satiate him even if he's only getting 20-24 min instead of his customary 26-30 min.

But to your point, the FO needs to have reliable source intel on that... perhaps that's part of what Trae's objective has been, to get a read on how Crowder would react to relocting to ATL (?).

17 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't see an easy trade for him. I'm not interested in giving away JJ. 

Think there's a pretty definitive majority (for what that matters) among Squawkers that a deal that involves JJ... or OO... or AJ... ought to be DOA.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JTB said:

You love giving away the Hawks stuff :er:😄.

I'll say what I've said before:

It's about value and asset management.

Just like you don't trade Reddish and #16 for Andre Drummond when he gets traded for a 2nd rounder. Or trade #16 for an expiring Grant when he goes for a protected pick 3 years out.

Crowder is not that needle mover to consider going into the tax and overpaying for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crowder, to be happy here, must start.  If we're going to do the swap, we should, therefore, send them our starter.  Is this possible?  Yes, it is.  Is it reasonable?  You decide.

If we do the trade and keep our present starter but send him to the bench, how will he feel about losing his starter slot?  Whichever one starts, the other one is unhappy.  

Therefore, it makes sense to give them our starter for Crowder.  If we do it this way, everything else remins the same.  Thoughts?

😉

Edited by Gray Mule