• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

44 minutes ago, akay said:

Ok, he gets roasted on social media. How does that translate to no one around the league likes him and good players don't want to play with him?

Actually when I was talking about other players not really liking him I was referring to the whole Regular Season quote and I think I remember players sending subliminal tweets directed at that quote when it spread like wildfire on twitter

But hey maybe it's nothing *shrug*

Edited by Bonkers

• Premium Member
Just now, Bonkers said:

Actually when I was talking about other players not really liking him I was referring to the whole Regular Season quote and I think I remember players sending subliminal tweets directed at that quote when it spread like wildfire on twitter

Sub tweeting Trae cause he said something dumb != players around the league not liking him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

@Sothron was it you saying not to buy a Capela jersey? Has anything changed there, or still expected? 

I forgot about this!

@Sothron source says “Don’t buy a Clint Jersey”

@NBASupes source recently said that “Trae prefers to keep Clint around” or something along those lines.

Don’t know which is which or if you guys have compared information in your insider thread or not BUT I’m wondering which source is hearing the right information. I understand all you guys can do is report it but I’d love to know if we are still in the Ayton running!

9 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Why do we care what Trae wants? I understand he's our best player but he shouldn't be put on a pedestal. If I was JC I'd be furious with him. Not to say that JC is the same caliber of player but it should be recognized that he's sacrificed in order to accomodate Capela and now he's looked at as expendable. Why isn't the conversation based around finding a center that complements JC more, so we we can improve in a way that makes us less dependent on Trae on offense? 

Good ….actually great questions! All I can say is that with Trae being the superstar and the first actual superstar in the making since nique we are probably catering to some of his demands.

its just what it is in this era. Personally I’d still get Ayton even if Trae doesn’t initially like it. Just doesn’t make sense to me but I understand it both ways.

• Like 1

I personally don’t mind anybody staying BUT I will be disappointed if we start the season without a star shooting guard that plays defense.. Murray.

It would be considered a whiff if they can’t find some angle to pry him away from Buford without overpaying.

13 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

You say this about the leader of assists in all of the NBA? Somehow you know how to play basketball better than one Trae Young?  

By DEFAULT Trae should have a high number of assists because the ball is in his hands the majority of the time. 

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Confused 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

By DEFAULT Trae should have a high number of assists because the ball is in his hands the majority of the time. 

Because he is good at it. If you can’t build a winner around that, then I don’t know what to tell ya. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

I forgot about this!

@Sothron source says “Don’t buy a Clint Jersey”

@NBASupes source recently said that “Trae prefers to keep Clint around” or something along those lines.

Don’t know which is which or if you guys have compared information in your insider thread or not BUT I’m wondering which source is hearing the right information. I understand all you guys can do is report it but I’d love to know if we are still in the Ayton running!

I am sure all the sources are all hearing the right information.  This just proves how many discussions are taking place and the constant changing of minds, etc.  Schlenk is probably having a completely different conversation right now than he was 6 hours ago.

All teams are having tons of conversations.  Pretty much everyone outside of Trae has a chance to get traded, and most players have been included in discussions with numerous teams.  Hawks have initiated some, other teams initiated some.  The probability of certain players being traded is higher than others, but there is still a chance they don't.  Depends on what other teams offers are and their willingness to deal.  Each team has numerous offers to review for each of their players and want to extract as much value as possible, plus things are constantly changing, so an offer made last week may not still be available etc.  When you get into 3 and 4 team deals, negotiations can REALLY take time.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Good ….actually great questions! All I can say is that with Trae being the superstar and the first actual superstar in the making since nique we are probably catering to some of his demands.

its just what it is in this era. Personally I’d still get Ayton even if Trae doesn’t initially like it. Just doesn’t make sense to me but I understand it both ways.

I don't think we're close to a point where we really need to be factoring in what Trae wants when making personnel decisions. The best comparison I can make is with Utah. Mitchell and Gobert clearly don't favor each other, but that doesn't mean their FO is gonna ship someone off just to accomadate the other. If they can't bring in an adequate return, both players have to deal with it. They got paid, until their contracts are close to expiring they don't have much leverage to be making demands.

In regards to Atlanta, Trae isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If Collins can be moved for an upgrade, then so be it, but Trae sentiments shouldn't be a factor. To be clear, I'm not criticizing Trae because it's not like he's made public statements. But I do find it problematic it seems like he has an opinion about teammates that's respected more than others. I feel like that builds resentment. Collins isn't a superstar, but he should be considered a leader on this team. If not him then what do we really have on this roster besides Trae.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, deester11 said:

So..we got a player who is a bonafide star,  but he's disliked because of numerous shocking revelations (passes to his pet, he's arrogant and cocky), he nutmegs people and he had an admittedly dumb quote.  Can't wait for the stories about him shoving old ladies down so they can really not like him!

Its one thing when other players don't like a teammate, but its a whole other situation when that player's OWN head coach goes on a conference call and lets the league know that even HE doesn't like how Trae plays the game.  Some of yall keep hiding your heads in the sand.  Pierce gone.  Reddish gone and Collins on his way out.  Trae has the juice in Atlanta so since he has that much control, the Hawks failures BEGIN AND START WITH HIM.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261709/Lloyd-Pierce-Complained-About-Trae-Youngs-Foul-Drawing

Lloyd Pierce Complained About Trae Young's Foul Drawing

Lloyd Pierce’s comments about Trae Young’s game was surprising for other coaches around the league.

During a league office Competition Committee call on Dec. 30, Pierce was among a couple of members who spoke out about the way certain players are able to draw fouls. 

Pierce spoke about how he “hates” the shots Young takes at times and the fouls he’s able to draw on them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1