• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

No doubt.  But it is a big leap to go from where we were 30 minutes ago to NBA champions.  Hope this is the next step down that road but it is far from a fait accompli.

I may be a homer, but I really do think we were contenders before this trade. We just need a healthy playoff run and we can beat any team in a 7 game series. And if this roster still needs to be tweaked, we can still make some moves. We haven't handicapped ourselves yet.

• Like 3

Just talk to Spurs fan friend. He gave the seal of approval on Murray FWIW. We definitely got significantly better. I wonder how he will adjust to a secondary role. Heard he’s a very good defender. Between him and Hunter we are pretty good on the wings.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Threezus said:

We appreciate what Trae wants in capela.  But at this time since we secured out perimeter defense and 2 way SG.  we need to go get Supes guy and what he has asked for all offseason.  Rudy to the Hawks and Supes gets what he wants more than trae does. It's a fair trade off imo Trae gonna have to deal with it to upgrade the team as a whole to a true championship contender.

It's bigger than that. Atlanta isn't trading Hunter and Utah isn't trading without him in the deal. It really doesn't go much further than that. It's been that way for awhile which is why Atlanta been moved on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

He is actually very good slashing and finishing at the rim. He is a primarily a mid range shooter (average) which usually doesn't look good for TS%. Better at 3 pt spot ups (will get them from Trae) than shooting 3's off the dribble. Wish we could have LP to help him out with his offensive profile (he was good at that), but I think he will improve. He has darn near elite ball handling skills and is a very good slasher. Add a near elite passing vision to boot with an elite perimeter defensive acumen and you have a great player. He is near the perfect complement for Trae.

He's an excellent attacker and creator off attacks. But he has to improve his shot if he's gonna be our SG next to Trae or he's gonna be splitting a lot of SG mins with Bogi and Kevin. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

It's bigger than that. Atlanta isn't trading Hunter and Utah isn't trading without him in the deal. It really doesn't go much further than that. It's been that way for awhile which is why Atlanta been moved on. 

Oh well. Hunter isn't going anywhere, if they won't take Bogi, CC and our 23 pick then we are done this offseason. 

• Like 2

Bogi should be next to go. With Murray he is expendable.

I am not fully sold on the duo, we are really the smallest backcourt on the league, Murray is really skinny. When you have some weaknesses on your lineup and this duo has obvious ones you have to chose very carefully the bench players you select, need to be players that can fill your weaknesses. I think we still need someone like Delon Wright and someone like Bruce Brown, defensive presence with size for PG and SG. I don’t know how we can sign them but would be ideal fits. We need to clear cap space for them.

Is key to see how the next moves go. They need to think twice how to build he team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks have never ran out a team as talented as the team they have right now, today.

That's been the case for years now but this new squad is next level talented. 8 guys who are all starters is impressive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sure, giving up three picks and swap was costly, but I think that pick from the Hornets will turn into second round picks and we still have our 2023/2024 picks to use them for another trade or Bogi is going to get us another pick.  Its a good trade

Just now, bleachkit said:

Gobert costs too much. Salary is a non starter.

Actually the salary matches up quite well in a trade of Capela, Bogi, and a 2023 1st if they would take it.

Capela is 19 million  Bogi is 18 million thats  37 mil in salary going out

Rudy is 37 or 38 mil coming in.   It's literally almost a perfect match with those exact players and those are the 2 players we would need to move on from after these trades. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

He can improve his scoring wherever he wants (go to the line more, improve his jumper, improve his slashing, etc.) but .515% TS% is garbage.  His career high of .533% TS% is bad (Bogi ****s on that number and he isn't elite by any means).  DM needs to do better as a scorer with all the defensive attention that Trae draws.

The defense and rebounding are a given for me and are huge positives.  His playmaking is also a huge positive.  I'm skeptical the ball will be in his hands a lot as the creator when Trae is on the floor but every minute Trae is on the bench should be a minute where Murray is running the offense.  Trae also needs to get moving off the ball when Murray does take on that playmaking role.

No more Miami junk defenses throwing the kitchen sink at Trae for sure.  That is good news.

If our bigs are hurt, they can still do that sellout method but they likely won't be health so it's Miami's ass