• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Everyone is going with the LA Rams approach.  F them picks.  

Also, it's hopeless.  I'm getting nothing done.  Thought things would settle down after landing Dejounte.  This is insane.  

I'm glad I'm off today.  With the Huerter news and now the Gobert trade, I'm so unsettled..lol

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

This was not a move to improve the team.  There are only three possible explanations:

(1) It was done to get a first round pick for a trade.

(2) Fields/TS concluded that we didn't have enough minutes to go around at SG and either Bogi or Kev had to go and Kev could return you an asset (which is the FRP, not Holiday or Harkless).

(3) It was done to move the team from a tax paying team to under the tax line.

Those can overlap as well.

Hopefully it's over now because the more moves this front office makes, the worse the team looks.

• Like 1

Just now, theheroatl said:

Wolves desperate to make a deep playoff run. Let's hope Gobert helps them over the hump for their sake, else they will continue the narrative that he doesn't help that.. 

When's Gobert ever spurred a deep playoff run?  Shhh, don't tell MIN.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Everyone is going with the LA Rams approach.  F them picks.  

Also, it's hopeless.  I'm getting nothing done.  Thought things would settle down after landing Dejounte.  This is insane.  

It's good to be retired!  🙂

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

This was not a move to improve the team.  There are only three possible explanations:

(1) It was done to get a first round pick for a trade.

(2) Fields/TS concluded that we didn't have enough minutes to go around at SG and either Bogi or Kev had to go and Kev could return you an asset (which is the FRP, not Holiday or Harkless).

(3) It was done to move the team from a tax paying team to under the tax line.

Those can overlap as well.

Both of those guys are at minimum, TLC-like players who may can help on defense if people get injured.  Don't ask them to be positives on offense, just tell them to defend.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Hopefully it's over now because the more moves this front office makes, the worse the team looks.

I have zero insider info but this makes me more optimistic we keep JC.  If you assume this was a deal to get under the tax line, then there is no need to get rid of JC to save money anymore.  

If I had to choose between losing Huerter or JC, I'm picking Huerter.

(I will say that Holiday is better than his numbers in Sacramento look so he is a useful rotation piece but I'm still not high on him.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Danny Ainge fleecing always for his Celti.... I mean Jazz warchest.. 6 FRP in 24 hours.

I'm glad we didn't get Gobert, and I'm glad he didn't come east. All the better he went to the Wolves, where it would be nice to see a Memphis-Wolves WCF

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1