• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

Well the off-season seems that is over for us. We got Murray that was a big trade, we gave a lot but after all the effort we failed to fill the roster appropriately to be able to compete, we were cheap on that. 

There were some FA options that would have been extremely valuable for us and were signed cheap, affordable for us, we are going to the LT anyway. Now all the guards and wing options are already signed, we could still find a decent backup big center but I am convinced we are not going to sign any veteran center like Whiteside, Cousins or any other….

I think this roster with some additions as DiVincenzo and Roby and Whiteside would have been a real contender, I think we will stay as we are and I think we are missing some pieces and some flexibility to play some teams.

In a situation like this as most are saying the most sensible thing would be to go all-in with Jalen Johnson and Griffin and try to get that contribution for them but our coach is really conservative, do not develop young players and will play the Holidays and Harkless with a scrub at center and a hole to defend big centers so our ceiling is capped.

Anyway I think we are better than last year but it was so easy and close to finish the job that I recognize that I am upset at the FO for been cheap on the FA signing. I am not criticizing the Huerter trade, I think we needed to do it and was a decent trade but we lack 2-3 players to compete. Holiday is useful but he is not a playoff guy, neither is Harkless.

Edited by gurpilo

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Kevin Durant a diva? I believe what his teammate, Draymond Green, said about him over how the fans and media feel about Durant.  Green had ZERO to gain after winning a chip without Durant to say that the Warriors wouldn't have won their 2017 and 2018 rings without Durant. ZERO to gain.  He has FIRST HAND knowledge.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/06/28/draymond-green-warriors-wouldnt-have-won-17-18-finals-without-kevin-durant

“I don’t think that team wins another championship if Kevin doesn’t come,” Green said. “Now you may say, ‘But y’all won the fourth one without Kevin.’ But there’s a gap in there where teams started to figure us out.”

All due respect, think that conflates "what does a teammate believe would have happened if we didn't have KD (past tense)" with "what was the diva's mindset in deciding on a team?"

The diva's mindset was almost irrefutably,

"I'm finding this championship ring thing too difficult, so let me go hook up with a team where, with me, they/we are as assured of getting me mine as can be possible in this game."

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

All due respect, think that conflates "what does a teammate believe would have happened if we didn't have KD (past tense)" with "what was the diva's mindset in deciding on a team?"

The diva's mindset was almost irrefutably,

"I'm finding this championship ring thing too difficult, so let me go hook up with a team where, with me, they/we are as assured of getting me mine as can be possible in this game."

When Kyrie wasn't playing, everybody was saying he was letting Durant and the Nets down.  Now that Durant wants to leave because of Kyrie and how the team is being run, now Durant is a Diva. lmao  Durant has NEVER quit on his team ON THE FLOOR.  I know someone who quit on the floor the very next game after a team meeting he didn't like.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

When Kyrie wasn't playing, everybody was saying he was letting Durant and the Nets down.  Now that Durant wants to leave because of Kyrie and how the team is being run, now Durant is a Diva. lmao  Durant has NEVER quit on his team ON THE FLOOR.  I know someone who quit on the floor the very next game after a team meeting he didn't like.

Cannot speak for "everybody."

But he is the definition of a ring brat.

And ring brats are essentially divas who take short cuts to cement their legacy as superior to the Bob Laniers and Charles Barkeleys of NBA history.

You try to manipulate the system to take short cuts to a ring? You may get the ring, but for some number of us, you also will get lifelong disrespect.

• Premium Member

Perk has an interesting take on the Durant saga:

I don't think the time it's taking is a good indicator to key on.  Between all the inquiries coming in, BKN's expectations of compensation, and KD's desire to have a winning core intact after the trade...I'd expect things to take a long time.

It's a little curious though considering all the talk he's had to endure the last 4 seasons.  He doesn't like criticism and is super thin-skinned, so it's a little bit surprising that he put himself out there with this request.  Especially considering BKN already has what he's looking for elsewhere - aside from the circus of course.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, sturt said:

Cannot speak for "everybody."

But he is the definition of a ring brat.

And ring brats are essentially divas who take short cuts to cement their legacy as superior to the Bob Laniers and Charles Barkeleys of NBA history.

You try to manipulate the system to take short cuts to a ring? You may get the ring, but for some number of us, you also will get lifelong disrespect.

Wow.  You just wrote spot on Lebron James whole career.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm with @AHF No more bandaids! We have enough of them already so let's get to work and build this into a championship roster by developing these young guys period!

Umm what young guys are we using?  If it's Cooper then by god im all for it.  But from what it seems most people are saying is he won't be on the main team this year.  Is that the wrong assumption based on what most others have said? 

Outside of that that i know of we don't have PG outside of maybe Holiday who to me is a 3rd string PG on the team that he would be in front of. 

But yes if Coop is legit allowed to play im more than ok with him getting minutes behind Trae over Bledsoe and Holiday as i think Coop has some really good upside.   It's more so on if nate and them well let him get some run on the main squad but im not sure if they will do that or not.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Cwell said:

Brooklyn sealed their fate when they traded away solid pieces in Allen, Levert and Prince for Harden. They became top heavy with a bunch of wtf after it. They def. get by Milwaukee without that trade.

They were gambling on a win now approach. Had Harden, Irving and Durant been healthy a full season they would have probably cruised to a championship. Of course the risk of that is... well exaclty what is happening now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

No no he can’t. Nate isn’t gonna bury him.

We hope he doesn't but nate absolutely can and is probably the main reason fans of other teams have blasted him when he was let go from their team lol.  If it was a 1 time thing thats one thing but when fans of every team he has left says the same thing and we also were complaining about it last year.  At that point it's just who he is and he refuses to change. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

All of them on the main roster!

That i know of i never said i was against it hell i thought Johnson and Cooper should have gotten some time last year alot more than they did.  But for that to happen you probably need to go with a HC that prefers young much more upside talent over lesser talented vets he trusts more in the 1st 2 years.

Edited by Threezus

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

That i know of i never said i was against it hell i thought Johnson and Cooper should have gotten some time last year alot more than they did.  But for that to happen you probably need to go with a HC that prefers young upside talent over lesser talented vets he trusts more.

This is how the Jordan Pooles of the world become significant contributors on a championship team while on their rookie contracts

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Threezus said:

We hope he doesn't but nate absolutely can and is probably the main reason fans of other teams have blasted him when he was let go from their team lol. 

True but he’s on “watch” now because of the fact that everyone witnessed it. He’s read it, he’s prolly been told about it, he better get right too for his sake.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Kevin Durant a diva? I believe what his teammate, Draymond Green, said about him over how the fans and media feel about Durant.  Green had ZERO to gain after winning a chip without Durant to say that the Warriors wouldn't have won their 2017 and 2018 rings without Durant. ZERO to gain.  He has FIRST HAND knowledge.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/06/28/draymond-green-warriors-wouldnt-have-won-17-18-finals-without-kevin-durant

“I don’t think that team wins another championship if Kevin doesn’t come,” Green said. “Now you may say, ‘But y’all won the fourth one without Kevin.’ But there’s a gap in there where teams started to figure us out.”

Two faced Green...who cares. He's preparing for a TV career after his playing days are over. He had a 'made for TV special' with and soft 'interview' with Durant and they squashed their beef.  However, this was Draymond last year:

Last November, in the middle of a Warriors game that wasn't going so well against the Clippers, Draymond Green infamously blew up on Kevin Durant, reportedly calling him a 'b----' multiple times before dropping the real bombshell that the Warriors didn't need Durant, that they had won without him, and that he should go ahead and "leave" as a free agent. 

Well, Durant did leave. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2