• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

No doubt what a loser; runs at the first sign of adversity. 

The moment he signed with the Warriors after his team lost a series to them being up 1-3… he was dead 💀 to me.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just as an aside, Durant deserves to be traded to the team that gives the best offer. His wishlist should influence that (why offer a ton if you think KD will be unhappy) but if Sacramento wants to give up a Kings’ ransom then he should get sent there after committing to Brooklyn and abandoning them so fast. KD signed a long term deal but not one that gave him a veto over trades.  

The thing is though, let's say your Sacramento. Are you going to make this massive trade if KD does not want to play for you? 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The thing is though, let's say your Sacramento. Are you going to make this massive trade if KD does not want to play for you? 

That was explicitly covered in my post.  I was just saying that he doesn’t deserve to be able to cherry-pick his new team beyond that level of influence. The Nets deserve to be able to shop him for whatever they can get irrespective of whether he wants to live in Minnesota or Utah or wants to play with any particular player.

• Like 3

• Admin

I am not going to give a kings ransom for a 34 year old past his prime malcontent.

how many years left will he have playing at the superstar level … he has had a pretty severe knee injury.

why mortgage the future on a guy who will probably hit the wall soon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am not going to give a kings ransom for a 34 year old past his prime malcontent.

how many years left will he have playing at the superstar level … he has had a pretty severe knee injury.

why mortgage the future on a guy who will probably hit the wall soon.  

His game has been about God given length and skill. So he should age well, but without question, age has be considered. 34 is not the new 24. Mid thirties is when guys start to decline. If I was a GM, I just couldn't go though with it, to offer an all star, a good young player, 4 unprotected picks , etc. for a 34 year old. There's too much risk. One, what if the remainder of KD's career is marred by injuries? Two, what if there a decline in his play?Three, what if KD becomes unhappy and wants out again? That's too much risk for me at their asking price. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wonder why exactly the Spurs signed him other than salary filler/roster spot. They could’ve done worse / better tanking.

Also, was thinking Durant ain’t getting traded to the Nets division rival. That is like trading prime D-Wade to the Hawks. 

• Thanks 1

hace 5 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Kaba

I hope is not the plan, we really need a true 7 footer to defend big centers. And there are still options on the FA market. Makes very little sense to go all in with Murray and be cheap with roster fillers, we need to go for the best possible team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I hope is not the plan, we really need a true 7 footer to defend big centers. And there are still options on the FA market. Makes very little sense to go all in with Murray and be cheap with roster fillers, we need to go for the best possible team.

We only have money for rookie mins and he just won MVP in Turkey which is the best country league in Europe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hace 18 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

We only have money for rookie mins and he just won MVP in Turkey which is the best country league in Europe.

We already have "small" centers like Capela and Okongwu. I think we have MLE to sign someone, there are some options out there like Cousins, Bryant, Whiteside or Moses Brown that we could definately use against Embiid, Jokic, Gobert...

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Loss of a 2nd round pick most likely.  If the NBA wants to actually curtail tampering they need to hand down some punitive punishments like loss of a 1st round pick or just outright overturning the deal.  But the reality is it's probably not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.  

What I don't get is why teams do it in these circumstances.  It's obvious Brunson wanted to be on the Knicks and the Knicks wanted him.  Just wait til FA actually starts, negotiate your deal and sign.  There was never any real risk of him bolting for another team.  Why even bother with the pre-FA stuff?  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Both the Suns and Nets have had some weird low tier signings.

If they are trading KD and Kyrie, they'd want good players for cheap to still remain competitive. Warren probably sees an opportunity for minutes at SF with a KD trade.

• Like 2