• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If they are trading KD and Kyrie, they'd want good players for cheap to still remain competitive. Warren probably sees an opportunity for minutes at SF with a KD trade.

Agreed. I think they still be competitive if they swapped JC, OO, and Hunter for KD. That is enough depth to and scoring to easily replace KD. Who knows they might even be better.

I’m okay with Hawks staying as is or getting a signature JC trade and/or KD. But JC better bring an top 3 protected FRP at least or a serviceable defensive 4 or 3.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

The thing is though, let's say your Sacramento. Are you going to make this massive trade if KD does not want to play for you? 

They are dumb enough to do it lol. Anyway Durant has to play for whoever he ends up with or sit out and forfeit his game checks. If I'm Brooklyn I ain't trading his ass.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Agreed. I think they still be competitive if they swapped JC, OO, and Hunter for KD. That is enough depth to and scoring to easily replace KD. Who knows they might even be better.

I’m okay with Hawks staying as is or getting a signature JC trade and/or KD. But JC better bring an top 3 protected FRP at least or a serviceable defensive 4 or 3.

I'm concerned that the Hawks may have killed JC's desire to be here and someone ends up stealing him from us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Sothron said:

He is. Both my sources were pretty high on him as a hire. 

fanbases hes coached in the past seem to have hated him. cavs fans hated him and said ty lue had to take over his coaching responsibilities. also been a coach of some of the worst defenses EVER. a nate hire through and through though I don't think those worst defenses are his fault. cant wait for nate and this whole staff to be gone next summer after we fail. Dude is garbage

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm concerned that the Hawks may have killed JC's desire to be here and someone ends up stealing him from us.

Schlenk isn’t stupid enough to let him go for free. He is the type of GM that has no problem holding JC over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

fanbases hes coached in the past seem to have hated him. cavs fans hated him and said ty lue had to take over his coaching responsibilities. also been a coach of some of the worst defenses EVER. a nate hire through and through though I don't think those worst defenses are his fault. cant wait for nate and this whole staff to be gone next summer after we fail. Dude is garbage

Be careful what you wish for.. there are plenty of garbage coach replacements out there.

Nate has experience and experience coaching veterans which our team is slowly turning into.

If you really want me to barf go ahead and start listing your best available coaching candidates here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Be careful what you wish for.. there are plenty of garbage coach replacements out there.

Nate has experience and experience coaching veterans which our team is slowly turning into.

If you really want me to barf go ahead and start listing your best available coaching candidates here.

Ive been barfing at this hire since BEFORE he took the interim job. retread hires rarely work in the nba. The dude is garabge and has made it out the first round 2 times in his entire coaching career. Gimmie a break

give me kenny atkinson who should have never been fired from the brooklyn job to begin with. David vanterpool also a solid name, Darko off the grizzlies coaching staff, etc.

There are SOOOOO many options available better than this bum. We upgraded our talent and you guys will see how bad nate is when the team fails again in the playoffs just like every team he has coached.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

But his vets got tired of his rigid ways in both Indy and Portland.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Ive been barfing at this hire since BEFORE he took the interim job. retread hires rarely work in the nba. The dude is garabge and has made it out the first round 2 times in his entire coaching career. Gimmie a break

give me kenny atkinson who should have never been fired from the brooklyn job to begin with. David vanterpool also a solid name, Darko off the grizzlies coaching staff, etc.

There are SOOOOO many options available better than this bum. We upgraded our talent and you guys will see how bad nate is when the team fails again in the playoffs just like every team he has coached.

What constitutes a retread?   And what has atkinson ever done?  

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What constitutes a retread?   And what has atkinson ever done?  

A guy that continually is hired over and over again by franchises with no success ever?

Atkinson took a team that had no business being competitive to the playoffs. Built a culture down in Brooklyn before KD and Kyrie had him and Jarret Allen sent out. Unlike nate he actually knows how to make adjustments and doesn't run a defensive scheme built for 2000s basketball. Hes also the lead assistant under one of the best coaches in the league and has served time with some of the best coaches. 

49 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You can’t steal someone that’s under contract for multiple years. Heck, I don’t even think you can even contact a player that’s under contract.

The only thing that can happen is for JC to publicly demand a trade to force the Hawks hands. And even in that scenario the Hawks hold the power just like the Nets technically do with KD.

But JC isn’t that type if player, and whether he is happy or not, he will either say nothing or say how much he loves the organization and wants to be here.

The Hawks want to improve. If they were willing to lose JC for nothing we would have traded him already for those crap deals.

We want to add another big piece and that’s the only reason JC is available. As long as they were clear about that with him and his agent I don’t think there will be any animosity.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A Lebronless Cavs, a rebuilding Wizards teams, and the Kings to be fair

• Like 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He's highly regarded in the NBA. He's also been on some of the best defensive teams. The bad teams you are referring are when those teams were rebuilding. 

Keep in mind he's an assistant coach not the head coach. If he does a poor job then he can be fairly easily replaced.

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A guy that continually is hired over and over again by franchises with no success ever?

Atkinson took a team that had no business being competitive to the playoffs. Built a culture down in Brooklyn before KD and Kyrie had him and Jarret Allen sent out. Unlike nate he actually knows how to make adjustments and doesn't run a defensive scheme built for 2000s basketball. Hes also the lead assistant under one of the best coaches in the league and has served time with some of the best coaches. 

Atkinson gets the most love of any coach i've ever seen that has won 1 playoff game in his career.  He may be the next great coach in this league but so far he hasn't done anything of note.   And he isn't exactly fielding tons of offers it doesn't look like.   Took and rejected the worst job in the league.   I don't blame him for that though. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Atkinson gets the most love of any coach i've ever seen that has won 1 playoff game in his career.  He may be the next great coach in this league but so far he hasn't done anything of note.   And he isn't exactly fielding tons of offers it doesn't look like.   Took and rejected the worst job in the league.   I don't blame him for that though. 

Hes got 1/4 the amount of series wins as nate LMAOO.

Young coaches that embrace analytics and modern basketball are the wave. Many of these guys will either have zero playoff series cause they havent been head coaches. Kenny kinda a weird spot cause by all accounts he did well but two stars shipped him off. Not sure playoff series wins is fair to evaluating these young guys when they haven't held positions. And its even crazier that they have no success and its almost close to nate who has been coaching like 20 years as a head coach LOL.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hes got 1/4 the amount of series wins as nate LMAOO.

Young coaches that embrace analytics and modern basketball are the wave. Many of these guys will either have zero playoff series cause they havent been head coaches. Kenny kinda a weird spot cause by all accounts he did well but two stars shipped him off. Not sure playoff series wins is fair to evaluating these young guys when they haven't held positions. And its even crazier that they have no success and its almost close to nate who has been coaching like 20 years as a head coach LOL.

Might want to check the math on that.   Unless I'm crazy he's won one playoff game.  Hasn't come close to winning a series.  Playoff record 1-4.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He's overrated. He's a good coach like Nate. Just different. He's system based and his teams play unselfish when he doesn't have too many chiefs. Nate is rigid af but Nate always produces. 

• Like 1

This definitely won't happen but my problem is the audacity of these writers to always try to fleece us in these ridiculous trades. They are like, it's the Hawks, they'll just take anything back in trades. It's laughable. 

Lee Tran from Fadeaway World proposed a blockbuster 4 team trade idea that would send KD to Phoenix, Donovan Mitchell to Brooklyn, Ben Simmons to Atlanta, and Deandre Ayton to Utah.

We Receive: Ben Simmons, 2024 2nd Round pick(Phoenix), 2025 2nd Round pick(Utah).

Phoenix Receives: KD, 2028 1st Round pick swap with Utah(Favoring Utah), 2023 2nd Round pick(Atlanta)

Brooklyn Receives: Donovan Mitchell, John Collins, Mikal Bridges, Deandre Hunter, Onyeka Okongwu, 2025 1st Round pick(Phoenix), 2029 1st Round pick(Phoenix)

Utah Receives: Deandre Ayton, Cam Johnson, Day'Ron Sharpe, 2023 1st Round pick(Phoenix), 2028 First Round pick swap with Phoenix (favoring Utah), 2029 1st Round pick(Atlanta).

So we trade John Collins, Deandre Hunter, Onyeka Okongwu, a 2029 1st Round pick, and a 2023 2nd Round pick for Ben Simmons and two 2nd Round picks. Just ludicrous! I like Ben Simmons but not that much. SMH.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2