The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is how the Jordan Pooles of the world become significant contributors on a championship team while on their rookie contracts

You got no complaints from me sadly im not running the team though.   I look at it like this if i fully 100% expected Nate to give Cooper some good run this year i wouldn't want or ask for Bledsoe.  But from what i know of Nate at every team he has been on i don't expect it and at that point if i have to rely on vets i want one i can atleast expect to do well for us.   So im with you on wanting the young guys to get alot more shine and be our backups but do i expect it no which is why i would rather have Bledsoe and not get screwed by not having Bledsoe nor the young guy with talent.  I don't want the hawks to get screwed over without both things lol

Can’t wait for KD to get traded or nets just say we aren’t going to move him right now.

glad @Sothron let us know that Ayton is still a possibility as well as Simmons.

I have my reasoning against Simmons but nonetheless if healthy he brings some great things with his presence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Two faced Green...who cares. He's preparing for a TV career after his playing days are over. He had a 'made for TV special' with and soft 'interview' with Durant and they squashed their beef.  However, this was Draymond last year:

Last November, in the middle of a Warriors game that wasn't going so well against the Clippers, Draymond Green infamously blew up on Kevin Durant, reportedly calling him a 'b----' multiple times before dropping the real bombshell that the Warriors didn't need Durant, that they had won without him, and that he should go ahead and "leave" as a free agent. 

Well, Durant did leave. 

And this is Green and the Warriors A FEW DAYS AGO.  I trust what Green SAID after the NBA finals THIS YEAR and what they told the Warriors beat writer.  The problem is the Nets would attempt to gut the Warriors roster to make that move.  Thats why it hasn't gone down.  Everyone of these guys got a chip.  They not worried about what the fans or media say.  There is not a team in basketball, the Hawks included (which is why they were in the chase also to get Durant), that wouldn't sign him yesterday if it wouldn't gut their roster.  That "diva" has a high price tag.  The BEST player in the NBA and his peers know it.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/latest-news/reports-say-warriors-superstars-are-willing-to-welcome-kevin-durant-back-to-golden-state

According to The Athletic's Golden State Warriors beat writer Marcus Thompson II, the team's core players, specifically Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green (yes, Durant's former teammates), didn't dismiss the idea of reuniting with their former teammate. They have all reportedly been in touch this summer, and it seems like Durant's former teammates are once again willing to welcome him back with open arms.

"The Warriors superstars have been in conversations with Durant. In addition to catching up, the Hall of Fame-bound peers did entertain the idea of a reunion. It was mostly about the stunning nature of it even being possible. The idea of them playing together again had to seem impossible when Durant left in free agency in 2019. It isn't lost on them how life has contrived an opportunity for them to come full circle. They see it, like everyone else, and talked about it, like everyone else," Thompson wrote in his latest piece.

Edited by Hawkmoor

Been thinking a lot about the new NBA.

Imo, if there was a team that F’d up the NBA as we knew it, it was the 2007 celts, what’s that bs, no, NBA should have stepped right in and veto that trade. Then it was Miami, then it was the scrubs…LeBum learned from the Schmelts. 

Secondly, if you wanna point the finger at a player, KD is the one. 2016 his team loses to the scrubs and he joins them. No, right there that kills natural rivalries, sooooo weak. 

Kyrie isn’t helping the culture of the league.

Ben isn’t helping.

The NBA is turning WWF.

I blame the Schmelts, 🧁 , Kyme and Ben.

The end.

Oh, originators we’re kg (not @kg01) wheelchair 🦼 Paulette and Ray Ray.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

And this is Green and the Warriors A FEW DAYS AGO.  I trust what Green SAID after the NBA finals THIS YEAR and what they told the Warriors beat writer.  The problem is the Nets would attempt to gut the Warriors roster to make that move.  Thats why it hasn't gone down.  Everyone of these guys got a chip.  They not worried about what the fans or media say.  There is not a team in basketball, the Hawks included (which is why they were in the chase also to get Durant), that wouldn't sign him yesterday if it wouldn't gut their roster.  That "diva" has a high price tag.  The BEST player in the NBA and his peers know it.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/latest-news/reports-say-warriors-superstars-are-willing-to-welcome-kevin-durant-back-to-golden-state

According to The Athletic's Golden State Warriors beat writer Marcus Thompson II, the team's core players, specifically Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green (yes, Durant's former teammates), didn't dismiss the idea of reuniting with their former teammate. They have all reportedly been in touch this summer, and it seems like Durant's former teammates are once again willing to welcome him back with open arms.

"The Warriors superstars have been in conversations with Durant. In addition to catching up, the Hall of Fame-bound peers did entertain the idea of a reunion. It was mostly about the stunning nature of it even being possible. The idea of them playing together again had to seem impossible when Durant left in free agency in 2019. It isn't lost on them how life has contrived an opportunity for them to come full circle. They see it, like everyone else, and talked about it, like everyone else," Thompson wrote in his latest piece.

Marcus Thompson II needs a quick 🦵 to the 🥜’s. That’s my assessment of the situation.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Still doesn't change what he said originally does it? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Championship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

😂training-day-denzel-washington.gif

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Still doesn't change what he said originally does it? 

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/report-hawks-were-prepared-to-make-an-offer-for-kevin-durant-before-the-dejounte-murray-trade/

Report: Hawks were prepared to make an offer for Kevin Durant before the Dejounte Murray trade

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/267640/Hawks-Were-Preparing-Offer-To-Nets-For-Kevin-Durant-Before-Dejounte-Murray-Trade

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

Did I imagine reading a post sometime in the last month that debunked the idea that McM routinely doesn't play rookies? I thought I really did see that, but didn't stare at it very long... and I'm not being facetious.

25 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

In other words, we are no longer after Durant? Good. Let some other team make a Faustian bargain,

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Part of me thinks Schlenk left the bench bare to force Nate to play them. 

Not gonna lie, that thought did cross my mind too, lol. I don't really buy it because we are already pushing the luxury tax, but it definitely crossed my mind. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

In other words, we are no longer after Durant? Good. Let some other team make a Faustian bargain,

I hope that’s what it means. I’m looking forward to seeing if there are other moves to be made like our insiders have informed us on.

Even if it’s not necessarily Ayton or Simmons …feels like there’s definitely another move to be made.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Helps to read the article and not the headline:

The Atlanta Hawks were closely monitoring the Kevin Durant situation with the Brooklyn Nets before they executed a trade for Dejounte Murray, sources tell Chris Kirschner and Sam Amick of The Athletic.

Like many other teams around the NBA, the Hawks were seriously preparing for the possibility that Durant might ask for a trade if Kyrie Irving would have left in free agency. When Irving decided to opt in for his $36.5 million contract for 22-23, the Hawks were able to move forward with the Murray trade.

With the Hawks sending out multiple future first round picks to the Spurs for Murray, their ability to make a trade for the star like Durant now becomes a practical impossibility. 

• Like 3

We only traded 2 of our own picks for Murray and we got another teams pick for Huerter. We could still trade the nets our 2023, 2024, and 2029 pick with pick swaps in 2026 and 2028. And we kept all our players that weren’t getting waived. I don’t see how the Murray trade made anything a “practical impossibility”

• Like 2

ATLANTA HAWKS

The Hawks already pushed the chips all-in with the acquisition of Dejounte Murray, but could they be looming as a potential destination for Ayton? If you add up the pieces for the win-now Hawks, it makes a lot of sense. Adding Ayton into the Hawks’ ecosystem is a sure-fire bet to give this team legitimate NBA Finals aspirations.

A new big three in Atlanta consisting of Young, Murray and Ayton would make for nightly fireworks on the court; plus, it’s a stable, All-Star-level foundation with youth that could grow together on the same timeline for years to come.

Atlanta also stands out as a strong Ayton suitor because of its available assets, even after coughing up draft picks to the Spurs for Murray. Clint Capela is an obvious candidate to be moved in any Ayton deal due to his salary and position. Atlanta also has other salaries that can work in multi-team frameworks such as the often-rumored John Collins as well as Bogdan Bogdanovic. And don't forget about the Hawks' underrated core of young talent: De'Andre Hunter, Onyeka Okongwu, AJ Griffin and Jalen Johnson.

It's unlikely that the Hawks would make Hunter or Okongwu available for Ayton, but what about their recent first-round pick in Griffin? That's where it gets interesting, because a piece like Griffin can help accelerate a potential three-team deal between Phoenix, Brooklyn and Atlanta where the end result ultimately lands Durant alongside Booker.

The Hawks have extinguished most of their future assets for Murray, but they still have enough wiggle room to make another big splash. Ayton could be the final missing piece for Atlanta to become a real Finals competitor as early as next season. In addition, this would help the Suns land their ultimate prize.

https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/nba-trade-rumors-deandre-ayton-holds-key-to-phoenix-suns-acquiring-kevin-durant-atlanta-hawks-toronto-raptors-utah-jazz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1